Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractor recommendation in Kerry?

Options
  • 18-03-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey lads, I was in an accident a little while back. Ended up with whiplash in my neck. Was wondering if anyone here might be able to personally recommend a good chiropractor in or around the Kerry area that has form in treating this kind of thing. I've googled plenty but would rather not leave something as vulnerable as my neck to a complete randomer. Might try to get to one around Limerick or Cork too if they were highly recommended and I could get to an appointment.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hey lads, I was in an accident a little while back. Ended up with whiplash in my neck. Was wondering if anyone here might be able to personally recommend a good chiropractor in or around the Kerry area that has form in treating this kind of thing. I've googled plenty but would rather not leave something as vulnerable as my neck to a complete randomer. Might try to get to one around Limerick or Cork too if they were highly recommended and I could get to an appointment.

I’ve been to Tralee Chiropractor clinic for the same issue. It’s up near st Brendan’s church on st Brendan’s road in Tralee. I found them good.

I’ve seen Vitality chiropractor in Manor, Tralee recommend a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MinkeyMonkey

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I’ve been to Tralee Chiropractor clinic for the same issue. It’s up near st Brendan’s church on st Brendan’s road in Tralee. I found them good. Y

I’ve seen Vitality chiropractor in Manor, Tralee recommend a lot too.

Thanks very much! Helps when you hear good things from a place. Do you mind me asking how they treated yours? I've just been told to look up, down, left and right by the local physio who didn't think there was any need to see me again... despite fact that it's still sore!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks very much! Helps when you hear good things from a place. Do you mind me asking how they treated yours? I've just been told to look up, down, left and right by the local physio who didn't think there was any need to see me again... despite fact that it's still sore!

They do more than that. They Basically cracked my neck! It Sounds awful but it feels great! I could do with going again! I think a chiropractor is a bit different to a physio. They really work on the bones etc and how they can move out of place. I have a lower back issue from the accident I had many years ago. If I could afford to go to the chiropractor regularly I would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MinkeyMonkey

They do more than that. They Basically cracked my neck! It Sounds awful but it feels great! I could do with going again! I think a chiropractor is a bit different to a physio. They really work on the bones etc and how they can move out of place. I have a lower back issue from the accident I had many years ago. If I could afford to go to the chiropractor regularly I would do!

Great! I had my own back 'cracked' a couple of times a few years back and it was instant relief from a different pain I had at the time. I think I'll give my neck another couple of weeks to see if it improves any more and then I'll make an appointment if it hasn't.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Be very careful letting a chiropractor crack your neck. It can be a very dangerous thing to do, and chiropractors are on the dodgy end of the qualified medical people scale.

I'd go to a qualified physio instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

NIMAN wrote: »
    Be very careful letting a chiropractor crack your neck. It can be a very dangerous thing to do, and chiropractors are on the dodgy end of the qualified medical people scale.

I'd go to a qualified physio instead.

Qualified medical people like homeopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dango wrote: »
    Qualified medical people like homeopaths.

No, they are even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Ask a chiropractor in what college he studied medicine....
    I can open up tomorrow morning and put a chiropractor sign over my door..no qualifications actually needed

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Maybe a bit late but if you haven't already found a chiropractor I highly recommend Dr Criona Moloney BSc (Chiro) in Wilton Family Chiropractic, Sarsfield Road, Wilton, Cork 021 4876999 opposite Wilton shopping centre.

I've had neck, back, shoulder, hip & leg pain which she has help me with. She has a great reputation with patients travelling long distances to see her, she also practices a less aggressive form which means not all adjustments are "neck cracking"

PS If you want a referral voucher for a free assessment & adjustment send me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit late but if you haven't already found a chiropractor I highly recommend Dr Criona Moloney in Wilton Family Chiropractic, Sarsfield Road, Wilton, Cork 021 4876999 opposite Wilton shopping centre.

I've had neck, back, shoulder, hip & leg pain which she has help me with. She has a great reputation with patients travelling long distances to see her, she also practices a less aggressive form which means not all adjustments are "neck cracking"

PS If you want a referral voucher for a free assessment & adjustment send me a PM.

This is the Kerry forum and you're recommending a chiro in cork !!!!

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit late but if you haven't already found a chiropractor I highly recommend Dr...

Doctor?

Medical degree or PhD?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The OP also mentioned Cork & Limerick were options ;)

The OP asked for recommendations for a Chiropractor, not whether a chiropractor is qualified or not. If you don't have anyone to recommend to them, then there's no point in posting on this thread! Thanks. MOD

They did mention Limerick or Cork too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The OP asked for recommendations for a Chiropractor, not whether a chiropractor is qualified or not. If you don't have anyone to recommend to them, then there's no point in posting on this thread! Thanks. MOD

This is hardly a where's the best place for a car wash thread. They have a medical issue, the consensus on boards is to close out threads on medical issues and tell them to seek advice. A chiropractor is not one to seek medical advice from at all.

This is hardly a where's the best place for a car wash thread. They have a medical issue, the consensus on boards is to close out threads on medical issues and tell them to seek advice. A chiropractor is not one to seek medical advice from at all.

They were looking for recommendations of chiropractors. They didn't ask for medical advice nor say that they wanted medical advice from a chiropractor.

Advertisement