Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know where the PCV valve is located on a D14 Civic?

Options
  • 19-03-2019 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Must have watched a hundred 96-00 Civic YouTube vids at this stage and all show that the PCV valve is either between the injectors, just behind the valve cover, or just above the oil filter (only accessible from underneath)...... problem is most videos dont say which engine it is and seems to me they're not the one I have.

Appreciate it if anyone has had, or still has, one of these could point me in the right direction.

Will be taking off the air filter box tomorrow (some oil is gathering in the throttle body) anyway and have a suspicion it might be under there.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

I could check it, but I have a bad mood. Load of ... .... here who thinks they are ... .... ... .... ... They know nothing about the basics and they think they are the ... ... if they using their fancy scanners. This txt was not for you, it was ... ... ... . I will delete soon my account, only 10 votes and off I go.

Ok I help you, give to me the VIN code and I will check it from the schematics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IIRC OP, yours is the type near the oil filter, to the left or right of it, can't remember TBH. Bit of a whoer to get to compared to the earlier say B series types.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah, seems to be, still looking :P

In the D15 it was much more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

w211 wrote: »
    I could check it, but I have a bad mood. Load of ... .... here who thinks they are ... .... ... .... ... They know nothing about the basics and they think they are the ... ... if they using their fancy scanners. This txt was not for you, it was ... ... ... . I will delete soon my account, only 10 votes and off I go.

Ok I help you, give to me the VIN code and I will check it from the schematics.

This isn't the lonely hearts section.

If you want to offer DIY advice, feel free to join in and do so, contributions are always welcome.

The under hand comments, sly digs and negative attitudes etc have no place here and will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

This isn't the lonely hearts section.

If you want to offer DIY advice, feel free to join in and do so, contributions are always welcome.

The under hand comments, sly digs and negative attitudes etc have no place here and will not be tolerated.

Not any bad word and I offered my help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Found it, clean as a whistle and rattled when shook, so not a bother.

Advertisement