Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70 for Cork Airport short term parking

• 19-03-2019 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Parked in the short term car park late Thursday evening, collected car early yesterday morning. €70 was what I had to pay. My flights were cheaper!:-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Parked in the short term car park late Thursday evening, collected car early yesterday morning. €70 was what I had to pay. My flights were cheaper!:-(

You left a car for four days in short term parking and it was only 70 euro, that's not bad going to tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

And...?

If you didn't want to pay that much why didn't you park in long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

thread should be in bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

As helpful as the previous posts are, it sounds like a mistake has been made, checked to reserve a spot from Thursday eve to Monday morning and the price came back at 31 quid. Did you book for a specific day and overstay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

As helpful as the previous posts are, it sounds like a mistake has been made, checked to reserve a spot from Thursday eve to Monday morning and the price came back at 31 quid. Did you book for a specific day and overstay?

I'd say he didn't book at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

It's fairly evident he didn't prebook tbh, and even then for short term for a long weekend, 70 euro isn't actually that bad in comparison to a lot if airports

duffman13 wrote: »
    It's fairly evident he didn't prebook tbh, and even then for short term for a long weekend, 70 euro isn't actually that bad in comparison to a lot if airports

It's €17.50 per day. So € 70 sounds about right.

I just don't understand why someone would park in short term for 4 days and then come onto a forum to whinge about the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mardyke wrote: »
    It's €17.50 per day. So € 70 sounds about right.

I just don't understand why someone would park in short term for 4 days and then come onto a forum to whinge about the cost.

The hint is in his username :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

No I didn’t prebook online. In my head long term was a week or more. Didn’t think the daily rate was so high in the short term car park.

And...?

If you didn't want to pay that much why didn't you park in long term?

How long are you supposed to park in short term for ideally?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Audrina Refined Shoeshine

Depends on how much you are willing to spend I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,075 ✭✭✭✭elperello

With short term you are buying convenience and they charge more for it. They kind of have to or else everyone would use it.
    If people have enough money they can stay in it for a fortnight. Most just use it for a day or two.
    Don't worry about it put it down to experience. When you average it out over a few trips the hit won't seem so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

KevinCavan wrote:

Up to a day. Any more and its long-term. If your able to post on boards to moan about it, you're more than capable to do a quick search online to find how much these things cost beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Once you go over 4 hours, it makes more sense to park in the long term.

(It would have cost you a lot more in Dublin Airport).

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

locohobo wrote: »

Better off using www.corkairport.com . Same price and you can walk to and from your car. No need to wait for a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Pre book long term,way cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The hint is in his username :)

That is stereotypical rubbish. Neil Tobin crap.
    I have worked with loads of Cavan people over the years and you’d find it hard to find a more generous bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Acosta wrote: »
    Better off using www.corkairport.com . Same price and you can walk to and from your car. No need to wait for a bus.
    A lot dearer it seems....10 days costing €72...
    Caps showing 10 days at €48...
    Also caps within walking distance from terminal, closer than the others...

Up to a day. Any more and its long-term. If your able to post on boards to moan about it, you're more than capable to do a quick search online to find how much these things cost beforehand.

I just wanted to get on my flight in time and didn’t really think it through. Everything is booked online these days, I admit I should have known.

• Advertisement

All bollixen aside,I'd say that short term is only meant to be for business people who fly out and back in the same 24 hrs,or for people picking up or dropping others to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

locohobo wrote: »
    A lot dearer it seems....10 days costing €72...
    Caps showing 10 days at €48...
    Also caps within walking distance from terminal, closer than the others...

It's not even €60 in the long term blue for 2 weeks. Maybe that's the short term price? Caps is in the business park next to the airport and a lot further away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

To me, short term should be treated as less than 24 hours. To be honest, treat it like a shopping centre car park.
    It's very expensive and charged by the hour.

The wording "short term" can be misleading when it comes to an airport. Most people hear short term and think a couple of days.

It's how the car park makes their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,075 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That is stereotypical rubbish. Neil Tobin crap.
    I have worked with loads of Cavan people over the years and you’d find it hard to find a more generous bunch.

Easy to say when there is no airport in Cavan, see what you'd pay if there was :).

To me, short term should be treated as less than 24 hours. To be honest, treat it like a shopping centre car park.
    It's very expensive and charged by the hour.

The wording "short term" can be misleading when it comes to an airport. Most people hear short term and think a couple of days.

It's how the car park makes their money.

Airports.
    Multi-story car parks
    Hospital car parks
    County council's.

The motorist vastly funds them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Airports.
    Multi-story car parks
    Hospital car parks
    County council's.

The motorist vastly funds them all.
    Well in fairness, you'd hardly expect non-motorists to fund them.

Well in fairness, you'd hardly expect non-motorists to fund them.

:):):)

This is some story!

How did the holiday go? Did you have accommodation booked or did you just walk into the first place you saw with Hotel above the door?!

Not trying to be too smart! I admire your attitude! I'd have everything planned out weeks in advance.

This is some story!

How did the holiday go? Did you have accommodation booked or did you just walk into the first place you saw with Hotel above the door?!

Not trying to be too smart! I admire your attitude! I'd have everything planned out weeks in advance.

Ah come on the airport car park is pretty far down the list of stuff you prepare for when going on a holiday. The airport car park isn’t the part that fills me with excitement personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Ah come on the airport car park is pretty far down the list of stuff you prepare for when going on a holiday.

Was. As it cost more than your flights it's probably gone up the list!

Advertisement