Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Fanclub - CQAF, Belfast, 2nd May

Options
  • 15-03-2019 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭

Very tempted!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

No such thing as a bad TFC gig....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

I saw them a few years back at the same festival.... have to say it was brilliant and well worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Definitely going to this !

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Anyone go? Great gig from the Fannies. Don't think I've ever seen them do a bad one - just great tunes that make you feel better about yourself and the world generally. A real tonic.

Certainly, you'd miss Gerard's tunes for that extra bit of...something - groove, maybe?

But having to dig into their catalogue to make up for that gave us stuff like What You Do To Me, Alcoholiday and Catholic Education.

That said, the newer stuff was arguably the best - Baby Lee, Darkest Part of the Night and I'm In Love, in particular.

A great night. Let's hope they roll around again very soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

mrk75 wrote: »
    Anyone go? Great gig from the Fannies. Don't think I've ever seen them do a bad one - just great tunes that make you feel better about yourself and the world generally. A real tonic.

Certainly, you'd miss Gerard's tunes for that extra bit of...something - groove, maybe?

But having to dig into their catalogue to make up for that gave us stuff like What You Do To Me, Alcoholiday and Catholic Education.

That said, the newer stuff was arguably the best - Baby Lee, Darkest Part of the Night and I'm In Love, in particular.

A great night. Let's hope they roll around again very soon....

Agree with all this! Brilliant night. One of the great bands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement