Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Green&Red wrote: »
    Mario's 1up and blowback were two separate prizes, 1Up was for winning mario kart and the blow back was for guessing the number V Sonic

Again, pathetic guess Phil

It wasn't outrageously bad.

37 covered 66.5% and 97 covered 33.5%

You make it sound much worse than the better than 1/3 chance it was.

Edit, I wonder what would have happened if the random 1-100 number was 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The sonic challenge was won by steve (wario) and Riona (mario) won the mario kart challenge, both winning a 1up

Phil (sonic) won the emerald challenge, winning a game continue and block next munch, Gerti (shadow) won the mushy challenge winning a game continue and block a bullet(after islands merge)

Mario won the blowback challenge and Clodagh (bowser) won the conversion challenge

Think that was all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

sKeith wrote: »

Not to put too fine a point on it but by choosing 97 the best possible chance you have is around 56%, that's if the other person chooses 1. However, the worst possible chance is 4%, if the other person chooses 96.

If you choose 97 against 50, your chance of winning is around 27%, compared to the 73% of the other team.

By choosing 50, at worst you have a 50% of success, compared to a best of around 75% if the other person chooses 1 or 100.

Having said all this, I appreciate a nice flutter on a number you feel drawn to rather than the cold approach (right Sonic?). So if you want to go with the best chance, choose 50 or 51 but that's not always the most fun and the enjoyment you get after winning from choosing the number that takes your fancy might exceed that you get by choosing the optimal number.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Not to put too fine a point on it but by choosing 97 the best possible chance you have is around 56%, that's if the other person chooses 1. However, the worst possible chance is 4%, if the other person chooses 96.

If you choose 97 against 50, your chance of winning is around 27%, compared to the 73% of the other team.

By choosing 50, at worst you have a 50% of success, compared to a best of around 75% if the other person chooses 1 or 100.

Having said all this, I appreciate a nice flutter on a number you feel drawn to rather than the cold approach (right Sonic?). So if you want to go with the best chance, choose 50 or 51 but that's not always the most fun and the enjoyment you get after winning from choosing the number that takes your fancy might exceed that you get by choosing the optimal number.

incorrect, best possible percentage is 98% if the other person chooses 100

incorrect, best possible percentage is 98% if the other person chooses 100

Sorry, of course you're right. That is the best possibly chance. I'm incorrect if the other person goes above you (3% chance if done randomly, but almost certainly less than a 3% chance if being chosen by a person).

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    The sonic challenge was won by steve (wario) and Riona (mario) won the mario kart challenge, both winning a 1up

Phil (sonic) won the emerald challenge, winning a game continue and block next munch, Gerti (shadow) won the mushy challenge winning a game continue and block a bullet(after islands merge)

Mario won the blowback challenge and Clodagh (bowser) won the conversion challenge

Think that was all of them

Thanks.

My number crunching allowed for one of the wolves still having a 1up as I took the belief that I had deflected Steve’s bullet.

It’s still all the sonic wolves fault that we never won :D

I jest. This game was seriously intense for me but loadsa fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thanks.

My number crunching allowed for one of the wolves still having a 1up as I took the belief that I had deflected Steve’s bullet.

It’s still all the sonic wolves fault that we never won :D

I jest. This game was seriously intense for me but loadsa fun.

Im patting myself on my back for my protects.

You did good, BJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im patting myself on my back for my protects.

Your protects were TQ

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im correct in saying I only successfuly protected myself didnt ?

Im so selfish.

Though I almost saved Vern

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im correct in saying I only successfuly protected myself didnt ?

Im so selfish.

Though I almost saved Vern

Not selfish.

You know you are 100% good, as per your PM from the mods saying you are the village bodyguard. You don't have a clue to the alignment of anybody else, it's just a guess at best. So, every time you protect yourself, you are protecting a confirmed good. That's not selfish, that's being a good player.

Counter point, if its not multiball, or it's multiball and there is a barrier against cross wolf killing, like we had for first two days, any successful protect is a confirmed good in your eyes.

Edit, I wonder what would have happened if the random 1-100 number was 67.

You’re clutching SK

I’ve enjoyed your posts both games, funny

How'd did you like the anon game vs the non anon game?

Did you notice that you were treated differently by the group as a whole when playing anon, or did it not make much difference?

It would be nice to here from those who have just played 1 non-anon and 1 anon game for their take on it.

Didn’t notice any difference but I think I would if I’d be playing a while, that I’d notice people’s writing style.

I presume ye play Anon so the wolves don’t kill off the better players?

Didn’t notice any difference but I think I would if I’d be playing a while, that I’d notice people’s writing style.

With non anon, you have lots or prejudice of a player, even before they say a single word on the thread and you are basing killing or lynching on past games and how they have played before.

With anon, every player, old or new starts the game on a level playing field. It is only what they type during the game that people can ever use for or against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You notice their play styles too, I think the main reason is to stop stuff like "G&R is a wolf, he always plays wolf like this" being the reason for lynching ya, it's always a clean slate with the Anons and you can post differently to hide your identity too if you think you'll be spotted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The steam from my ears is reducing ;)

Did you read our backroom and how much faith I put into your team? And I’d appreciate if someone could tell me would my plan have worked? If we controlled the lynch, in hindsight, I would have hoped someone said to lynch the bodyguard.

I did. Did you read ours about how much I wanted to trust you?

I would love a do over and see how it’d have gone if I had munched Mary. Would have kept your trust, would have prevented our convert getting peeked.

Different people are better at recognizing different styles. Other than Necro, and sometimes Stu, I don’t really know anyone until they post in their own account in error or until after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

How did people feel about the deadroom being spoiler free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    Different people are better at recognizing different styles. Other than Necro, and sometimes Stu, I don’t really know anyone until they post in their own account in error or until after the game.

:D

Oh and welcome to all the new members of the Pter club. Strawbs gets a special mention.

kitten_k wrote: »

Much better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

quickbeam wrote: »
    I did. Did you read ours about how much I wanted to trust you?

I would love a do over and see how it’d have gone if I had munched Mary. Would have kept your trust, would have prevented our convert getting peeked.

I have serious trust issues and by God this game made them worse! :D I'm only just ready to go read your backroom now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

kitten_k wrote:

Loved it, even though this game was quite unique in sheer volume of outed wolves (cough... wagonomics... cough) it still left the level of uncertainty as I wasn't convinced until the end.
    The convert was well hidden and played well until maybe the last munch but with the seers plan to peek them there really wasn't much he could do tbf.

Yeah the spoiler free backroom was appreciated mods, thanks!

And apologises to Fluffy Towel, I still think Steve is a see you next Tuesday but I think you’re lovely 😊

Necro wrote: »
    Loved it, even though this game was quite unique in sheer volume of outed wolves (cough... wagonomics... cough) it still left the level of uncertainty as I wasn't convinced until the end.
    The convert was well hidden and played well until maybe the last munch but with the seers plan to peek them there really wasn't much he could do tbf.

Yeah the spoiler free backroom was appreciated mods, thanks!

Cheers Necro :)

Yeah, our chance was to go with Gertrude's plan, but I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick and convinced QB to kill Conor. If we'd taken Mary it might have gone down differently. I reckon Gertrude's team would have won.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Barney92 wrote: »
    Cheers Necro :)

Yeah, our chance was to go with Gertrude's plan, but I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick and convinced QB to kill Conor. If we'd taken Mary it might have gone down differently. I reckon Gertrude's team would have won.

Nah you wouldn't wanna kill Mary, sure she was the Seer. Instead if your a wolf give her an extra peek she'll use to catch your Alpha :pac:

Actually fudged the numbers with how many peeks I made when I came out and left out the one where I found out who was Knuckles (but only did so the morning after Knuckles had himself revealed his ID) so that I wouldn't show as having had an extra peek that'd no doubt get questioned. Since I already had no proof of being the Seer (considered leaving breadcrumbs but didn't apart from my about turn where I suddenly said I no longer thought Des was a wolf and was instead a NRV which was his actual role) I thought it best.

Nah you wouldn't wanna kill Mary, sure she was the Seer. Instead if your a wolf give her an extra peek she'll use to catch your Alpha :pac:

Yeah thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just FWIW I hate spoiler free dead rooms. It makes no sense to me. I'm dead. I want to be all knowing. That softens the blow of being dead. I want to be smug and poke fun at the stupid villagers who can't see how obvious the obvious wolf is.

I'm clearly in the minority with that view though so carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Could easily do 2x dead rooms i think. A spoiler room and a clean room. Have to request access to the spoiler room....something like that?

Advertisement