Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving Companies recommendation

• 17-03-2019 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all

My mum is moving counties soon, and is looking for a moving company to pack, and move her house of stuff. The super-breakable things, she'll do herself, but there are all the regular house things like a big table and sofa, and etc.

She's quite stressed about it all, and I'm not in the country to help at the moment. Would anybody have some recommendations for some trusted moving company who could take the stress out of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

From where to where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Ya - sorry - important detail alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ya - sorry - important detail alright!

i can fully recommend this man

https://visionnetwork.ie/staff/danny-brosnan/

used his services twice; he is reliable, skilled, careful and reasonable. Fits in with his customers needs and wishes. Kerry based so a good choice. went from Cork to kerry then kerry to connemara with him and never a worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi all

My mum is moving counties soon, and is looking for a moving company to pack, and move her house of stuff. The super-breakable things, she'll do herself, but there are all the regular house things like a big table and sofa, and etc.

She's quite stressed about it all, and I'm not in the country to help at the moment. Would anybody have some recommendations for some trusted moving company who could take the stress out of it?

Thanks!
    I used Careline for the same move. Couldn't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi there,
    I run www.VanTasks.ie which is a fully insured and legitimate business operating for over 10 years and can provide any level of service required whether it's packing and disassembly, or just the moving.

I'd be happy to provide a quote if you send a quote request or email through :)

• Advertisement

Thanks very much guys!

I looked at Careline already, and they don't seem to have such great reviews. Not too worried about delays, as that shouldn't be an issue moving within Ireland, but there were complains about breakages.

Anyway, in the middle of it all, my mum got an assessment with another company and was very impressed with the service offer and the price. I'll give an update after the move on the company and service in case it might help anybody else!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I used Careline for the same move. Couldn't fault them.
    Thanks very much guys!

I looked at Careline already, and they don't seem to have such great reviews. Not too worried about delays, as that shouldn't be an issue moving within Ireland, but there were complains about breakages.

Anyway, in the middle of it all, my mum got an assessment with another company and was very impressed with the service offer and the price. I'll give an update after the move on the company and service in case it might help anybody else!

Thanks again!

I used Careline twice, for both packing and moving, and was very happy with them. There was one breakage of a 50 cent glass (which probably wasn't very stable to begin with), and they couldn't apologise enough.

Glad she's got sorted anyway.

Breakages and damage, even with an experienced crew, are still going to happen from time to time.

Were the negative reviews saying that the breakages weren't dealt with adequately, or just that stuff happened to get broken?

Hi all

So, I can wholeheartedly recommend <SNIP>.

These were the guys that my mum went with, and I held off leaving a review until the whole move was done.

They were excellent - my mum was a bit nervous, of course, as it's a big move, with a full house of important things, but the owner came along to assess everything, and planned everything out, even including bringing her car down if it was more suitable for her to travel with somebody else.

The price was less than expected. Everything arrived undamaged (I know damage can happen), and, while some things had to end up in storage as the house was being renovated, they actually delivered some things from storage when there was space.

Been meaning to post this for a while, but definitely a high recommendation from me and my mum for the service and profesionality, and care.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Citygirl1

Can anyone give a ballpark figure for what I should expect to pay to move most of the contents of a 2 bedroom house, within Dublin? Including my personal stuff (clothes, books) and kitchen delph, saucepans etc. Anyoe have any recommendations? (by PM).

• Advertisement

Citygirl1 wrote: »
    Can anyone give a ballpark figure for what I should expect to pay to move most of the contents of a 2 bedroom house, within Dublin? Including my personal stuff (clothes, books) and kitchen delph, saucepans etc. Anyoe have any recommendations? (by PM).

Hi Citygirl. I’ve sent you a PM. If anybody else wants more details, let me know, as the review isn’t so helpful anymore..!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We used <SNIP> to move and they were fantastic. We were messed around by our buyers and the moving date changed 3 times and they were great about it. Two lads on moving day were so sound despite delays getting the keys. Was also bit wary after reading some reviews but had a very good experience thankfully!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

recommendations by PM only please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Easttoeastish

Also looking for recommendations in Cork

Thanks

These guys are based in Cork and although I've never used them for a personal move, I've dealt with them and they seem to be run very well:

https://www.irishremovals.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

Hi guys. Can anyone PM me some recommendations of moving from our 3 bed house in Dublin to our new house in Kildare.

All the usuals like beds, cabinets, furniture need to be moved. We’ve gotten huge quotes of €1200/1300 from two companies which shocked me. Is that the standard rate?

Any recommendations would be great!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've moved 3 times since 2019 and that sounds like a pretty standard price. Movers are pricey but worth it IMO. I'll PM you the company we used to move from Dublin to Roscommon recently, they were excellent and got us out of a very tight spot when the movers we originally booked cancelled at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Hi Toots, would you mind providing me with the company you used please? We have booked a company, but it seems there is some confusion with the date, and so we may need to look elsewhere. It's a Dublin move, and we're looking for a company that will also pack for us. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

Hi there,

If anyone had recommendations for movers in the Dublin area and could PM them to me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Didn't want to start my own thread but does anyone have experience moving to the Continent from Ireland? We will need to arrange for moving our stuff over in a few months and want to line up the moving company well in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I used crown relocations to move from Ireland to the continent and back and then to the UK.

Expensive but did a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oerdun

If you're still looking for movers in the area, I've used three movers several times with no problems. The big one was from the US, which they were great for, but have also used them locally and just as good. Certainly on the cheaper side too if cost is a concern. Always a good idea to explore your options and get some prices from different companies though - you can save a bit of money just from reaching out to a couple movers and seeing what they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭AnnieinDundrum

Hi

we are planning a move in south county dublin, only a few miles but I know that it’s loading and unloading that cost not so much the miles.

any recommendations ? We are moving from a 2 storey house to a 3 Rd floor apartment, with a lift but still a challenge.. no idea how large items will work but there’s a massive sofa there now so it must be feasible

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

I bit the bullet and went with a moving company I saw recommended on Boards. It was a small enough job within Dublin so can’t speak to a large move but I was really happy with them if anyone wants the info I can DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Looking to see if anyone has a ball park figure for the cost of removal of a 3 bed semi, will need to store for a few weeks before we move in then and for them to move us into the new house. We’ll do all the small bits ourselves like clothes etc!

just want them to pack up the furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Streco80

Hi Cork2021,

Prob wont be of much use to you but may give you a ball park kind of figure. We moved out of our house in December after we sold it and the removers cost us just over €700. We had used the same removal company in 2018 when we had the pyrite in our house remediated. Back in 2018 the removers came in, completely packed up absolutely everything in the house for us (glasses, cutlery, closes - I mean everything). at that time it cost I think around €1700 but they literally did everything and then came back 3 months later and dropped everything back off for us. This time around though we booked them on fairly short notice, so they were unfortunately unable to pack up the full house for us this time. So we boxed everything ourselves and they came and took it away and put into into the storage unit we had rented.

For clarification - we had a 3 storey, 3 bed Semi Detached house in Dublin and the contents were moved to a storage unit in Charlestown, Dublin.

I used to be that person that said why waste money paying someone to pack, but honestly after moving in December with short notice (new buyers wanted to be in for xmas and we agreed) If I am ever moving again, I will pay to have them pack everything up again. Compared to our move in 2018, December was so stressful. for me, it was worth every penny paying them to box up the house, take it away to storage and then for them to return a few months later and re-deliver our boxes.....and then a week later return to take away all the boxes and bubble wrap too.

Best of luck with your move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Thanks, could you pm me the company you used? They could be down here as well!

Are the prices you mentioned the total cost of all services:

€1,700 for full packing service, removal, storage for 3 months, delivery from storage, return a week later to take boxes and bubble wrap?

€700 for them to load and deliver to a storage unit?

I assume the €700 doesn't include storage, and €1,700 seems very cheap for everything listed above for the move back in 2018? Or is €1,700 the price to pack and remove, then storage, return, supply/removal of boxes etc were all extra on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Streco80

No, it didn't include the storage unit. completely separate. It was only for the initial removal packing, removal, delivery to storage unit and return delivery to house in 2018 and then last year the cheaper price was for the removal of all the contents to the unit.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I thought it sounded very cheap for all that, but it still sounds like a good price for removal and return delivery :)

Advertisement