Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funds Transfer Malaysia - Ireland

• 13-03-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

A colleague has RM100,000 (c€20,000) sitting in a Citibank account in Malaysia. They want to get it back to Ireland to their AIB account.

What would be the best way to get these funds back? I suppose the question is where's the best FX rate available in this situation?

There are no tax issues i.e remittance basis etc. is not relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

currencyfair is what i use for large sums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

Thanks for that but I don't think they deal with MYR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

Correct. Tried to do it myself recently, both ways. They dont transfer MYR to EUR.
    Ring both banks, ask for the best rates. Its going to "cost a few hundred".

THe other issues its getting permission to transfer it out. Is the account in his own name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

Advertisement