Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fortnite help

• 15-03-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi i set up a Microsoft account at xmas and added my son to play fortnite. What i didn't realise was he was using my account to play.

Today i changed the setting on his account so he can play via his personal account connected to mine, but he has lost his skins and achievement that he got using my account.

Can he transfer from mine to his, Mine is the primary Microsoft account and his add to the family.

Hope i'am making since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,447 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty sure they are separate, sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I was in the same boat (if I understand you correctly) - my son had been playing Fortnite under my Xbox account, when he started playing it under his own Xbox account he lost that progress.

They released an Account merge option but when I tried it I could not get it to work between two Xbox accounts - either I was doing something wrong or it's only designed to merge accounts across different consoles.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/account-merge/en-US/home

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is it not tied to your Epic account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi i set up a Microsoft account at xmas and added my son to play fortnite. What i didn't realise was he was using my account to play.

Today i changed the setting on his account so he can play via his personal account connected to mine, but he has lost his skins and achievement that he got using my account.

Can he transfer from mine to his, Mine is the primary Microsoft account and his add to the family.

Hope i'am making since.

This is funny. Are people that Caught up in this game. Seriously have people looked at the addiction issue that gaming now has.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This is funny. Are people that Caught up in this game. Seriously have people looked at the addiction issue that gaming now has.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I was in the same boat (if I understand you correctly) - my son had been playing Fortnite under my Xbox account, when he started playing it under his own Xbox account he lost that progress.

They released an Account merge option but when I tried it I could not get it to work between two Xbox accounts - either I was doing something wrong or it's only designed to merge accounts across different consoles.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/account-merge/en-US/home

Iam having the same trouble, I am wondering would it be easier to start with fresh accounts.

Advertisement