Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox 360 rip cds

Options
  • 15-03-2019 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there I am looking to buy an xbox 360 to rip my CDs to it,can anyone tell me which xbox 360 I should buy.will one of the newer 360 consoles work or do I need to buy an older model.thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Are you looking to rip music cds to the hard drive is it? Or games or video?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

Are you looking to rip music cds to the hard drive is it? Or games or video?

To the hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If its just music any PC or laptop will let you rip from CDs, Windows Media Player definitely does and I'd be surprised if WinAmp or MediaMonkey didn't allow it

If it needs to be a 360 it looks like any 360 with a hard drive is fine, and I think its only the very first 360s that don't have hard drives, I'd wait for someone else to chime in there though

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

If its just music any PC or laptop will let you rip from CDs, Windows Media Player definitely does and I'd be surprised if WinAmp or MediaMonkey didn't allow it

If it needs to be a 360 it looks like any 360 with a hard drive is fine, and I think its only the very first 360s that don't have hard drives, I'd wait for someone else to chime in there though

I don't have a laptop, I really have no need for one so no windows media player.i just want to get an xbox 360 at a handy price from cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Go for either an S or E type 360 with a HDD (not the 4GB models). They're newer and quieter than the older versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just be aware that Xbox 360s are unreliable as hell (e.g. Red Ring of Death), they never truly fixed that.

Advertisement