Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dav3 wrote: »
    You've imagined me calling you a racist. It's not the first time you've imagined this and not only from myself. It's good to see you still have your "I'm not a racist" quotes on speed dial though.

There's a search function that's very easy to use, even for alt-right Nazi knuckle-draggers like myself.
    dav3 wrote: »
    When I refer to "you lads", I'm referring to the delusional ramblings of a tiny number of individuals who offer nothing positive to Irish society or Irish people. An ever decreasing group of people demanding that everyone stops what they're doing to listen to their rants and diatribe on a daily basis.

There is a reason why you lads are never listened to. When you start taking crime seriously, all crime regardless of the background of the perpetrators, people will start taking you seriously.

The fact you quote me and use the phrase ''you lads'' to obviously include me means you're lumping me in with those mentioned above. So I offer nothing positive to society? How could you possibly know that? I'll let you on a few little secrets though.

- I voted YES for same sex marriage
    - I voted to repeal the 8th amendment
    - I work within the prison system keeping society's worst away from the decent people. As far as your ''taking crime seriously'' angle goes, I'm literally doing it.
    - Oh and I adopted two rescue kittens this year.

It's a nice veiled personal attack you've tried but unfortunately for you it's not true. I'd also imagine you're probably seething that I'm on the same side as you in both referenda because it strips you of your ammo. I'd wager that you're probably emasculated somewhat that I work a good macho job because you couldn't dream of doing it yourself all the while being a sensitive little kitty cat lover. I've no problem handling pussies dav3, wonder would you have issues in that department yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Tbh I think it is worse that theee guys are not native Irish. When they are native Irish(or part of the general Irish consciousness) they are us, they're part of the national consciousness, these kids exist outside of our culture. I don't know why but that just makes it more unsettling in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭malinheader

Tbh I think it is worse that theee guys are not native Irish. When they are native Irish(or part of the general Irish consciousness) they are us, they're part of the national consciousness, these kids exist outside of our culture. I don't know why but that just makes it more unsettling in my opinion

Welcome to the new Ireland. And believe me its nothing to what it will be soon.
    Better say nothing incase it insults any of our new citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Welcome to the new Ireland. And believe me its nothing to what it will be soon.
    Better say nothing incase it insults any of our new citizens.

It's interesting at the same time though, because I think that in the short term it would lead to a strong sense of unity between Irish folk.

I certainly have been impacted on a personal level anyway. I have a much stronger internal sense of care for other Irish people now.

• Advertisement

It's interesting at the same time though, because I think that in the short term it would lead to a strong sense of unity between Irish folk.

I certainly have been impacted on a personal level anyway. I have a much stronger internal sense of care for other Irish people now.

It's a pity our own government doesn't hold the same level of care for its own citizens as some of us would like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It's a pity our own government doesn't hold the same level of care for its own citizens as some of us would like.

We really need to adopt an Australian way of doing things, no nonsense, just deport

Agreed.

I read someone say that it feels like European countries were lost in a poker game and that really felt like a spot on assessment to me. It feels like we're simply the lowest priority in our own countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Agreed.

I read someone say that it feels like European countries were lost in a poker game and that really felt like a spot on assessment to me. It feels like we're simply the lowest priority in our own countries.

This is hilarious.

#feelinsovetfacts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Reading on the lad's Mother's Facebook page that he is home and on the mend thank God. But I'm sure the mental scars will be hard to get over.
    According to the mother's Facebook page there was one or two token white boys obviously wannabe gangsters one Irish and one Eastern European.

• Advertisement

This is hilarious.

#feelinsovetfacts

I'll let the residents of these immigrant safe haven towns know that you found my post funny. :pac:

I'll also let the homeless Irish people know. Weird how you literally never see a foreigner who's homeless, isn't it?

This is hilarious.

#feelinsovetfacts

I'll let the residents of these immigrant safe haven towns know that you found my post funny. :pac:
    Go ahead. Your telling me the
    The Irish are the lowest priority in Ireland. I am going to laugh each time.

Deliveroo drivers being attacked by Irish kids = National news for days, cries of xenophobia and racism

Ethnic African gangs assault people in North Co. Dublin every week for over a year = **** all in the media

Funny how that works.

Deliveroo drivers being attacked by Irish kids = National news for days, cries of xenophobia and racism

Ethnic African gangs assault people in North Co. Dublin every week for over a year = **** all in the media

Funny how that works.
    Crime happens. Not the Irish being the lowest priority. Crime happens.

Crime happens everywhere in this country from theft to financial. From Cork to Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Agreed.

Probably down to our EU overlords making these decisions miles away from here

Crime happens everywhere in this country from theft to financial. From Cork to Donegal.

How do you explain the huge discrepancy in how they're reported? Immigrant victims = Huge deal. Why?

How do you explain the huge discrepancy in how they're reported? Immigrant victims = Huge deal. Why?

I'm not here to play twenty question with ya. Your claim the Irish seem to 'lowest priority' is false.

It's important not build your world view on pure bollix.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Deliveroo driver thing was in the City Centre, reported by many, eyewitnesses, quality recordings of the incident. It disrupted bus services, traffic, highly visible and there was aftermath.

The other attacks by the gangs are on the outskirts, only snapchats as the evidence and all involved in the videos appear to be masked or covered up. They are also fairly coordinated and disperse quickly and very lose stories from eye-witnesses.

So the difference in quality is down to the quality of what is available to report with.

I should add, that there is not just one gang of youths out there, there are a few different ones.

I'm not here to play twenty question with ya. Your claim the Irish seem to 'lowest priority' is false.

I had a feeling you'd avoid answering that question. All you can do is reply with abuse, you freeze up when you're actually asked to think about it.

I had a feeling you'd avoid answering that question. All you can do is reply with abuse, you freeze up when you're actually asked to think about it.

Nope, you brought the delivroo drivers out of nowhere. I've already said crime happens throughout the country.

• Advertisement

Nope, you brought the delivroo drivers out of nowhere. I've already said crime happens throughout the country.

"Out of nowhere"

Or to provide additional context to what I was saying..

"Out of nowhere"

Or to provide additional context to what I was saying..

Your insinuating that because the media brought up delivroo drivers being beaten and mugged. It somehow manages to show the Irish being the lowest priority in this country?.

No it doesn't. Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's a discussion board. Why not answer the poster's question? If his assertions are in fact ''pure bollix'', then simply dispute them and show him up.

Folks might be better to say nothing for the good of diversity.

Omackeral wrote: »

It's a discussion board. Why not answer the poster's question? If his assertions are in fact ''pure bollix'', then simply dispute them and show him up.

Be my guest and tell me how the Irish in Ireland are the lowest priority?.

Your not going to able to. Its bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I certainly feel like I’m a lower priority.

Not just below immigrants but below every class, colour and creed of sponger in this state, including our own homegrown toe rags.

I’ve worked every day of my life since leaving school and have never taken a cent in dole. I’m no saint but I’ve never hurt anyone or stolen from them. I’ve always contributed.

I resent paying over half of everything I earn in both direct and indirect taxation while getting fluck all in return because we’re spending so much money supporting these gougers and their families.

No healthy able bodied person should ever get a cent from the government without a day’s work in return. Looking around my area I can see years of work for them. You want money, you earn it. Otherwise you starve. Earning money builds a sense of self worth and respect. Everyone wins.

Leo said he was going to look after those of us who get up in the morning. Well Leo’s a blatant liar. Our current policies and approach only serves to build a greater divide in our society and the problems we see with these gangs are only a glimpse of what’s to come.

Rennaws wrote: »
    I certainly feel like I’m a lower priority.

Not just below immigrants but below every class, colour and creed of sponger in this state, including our own homegrown toe rags.

I’ve worked every day of my life since leaving school and have never taken a cent in dole. I’m no saint but I’ve never hurt anyone or stolen from them. I’ve always contributed.

I resent paying over half of everything I earn in both direct and indirect taxation while getting fluck all in return because we’re spending so much money supporting these gougers and their families.

No healthy able bodied person should ever get a cent from the government without a day’s work in return. Looking around my area I can see years of work for them. You want money, you earn it. Otherwise you starve. Earning money builds a sense of self worth and respect. Everyone wins.

Leo said he was going to look after those of us who get up in the morning. Well Leo’s a blatant liar. Our current policies and approach only serves to build a greater divide in our society and the problems we see with these gangs are only a glimpse of what’s to come.
    You do realise.. People of colour work in Ireland aswell?.

The decisions you made to get where you are.. Are your own. Stop blaming everybody else on your own issues. The immigrants etc have not stopped you from progressing in life. Only you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The decisions you made to get where you are.. Are your own. Stop blaming everybody else on your own issues. The immigrants etc have not stopped you from progressing in life. Only you have.

You didn't really read that post did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Reading is hard... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Oh sweet Jesus, I should have done this ages ago.
    Your posts are insufferable.

You can join your extremist friend Dav on the ignore list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement