Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Mayer 2019 3 arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

It's going to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

whats the ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

Great news. Been looking forward to seeing him live

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

587db93744dc5280d9b194c8f8d77c99.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭5star02707

Not much cities he's going

D1V51SsVAAAxssJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Wooderson

5star02707 wrote: »

D1V51SsVAAAxssJ.jpg

Will see if he plays any G-Dead stuff and pick a ticket up on that basis. His own stuff is diabolical.

• Wooderson wrote: »
    Will see if he plays any G-Dead stuff and pick a ticket up on that basis. His own stuff is diabolical.

Speaking of diabolical, I hope he doesn't play one Dead tune.

Wooderson wrote: »

You're diabolical for even saying such a thing. ;)

Dude is a fantastic guitarist.

I haven't been able to click with grateful dead.

• 5star02707 wrote: »

It's a lean enough list of dates alright. I think he's on record though as saying that he doesn't really like the touring experience.

That luxury is gone though, even for John Mayer - If you want to earn some money for your music and aren't one of the top selling pop acts, you need to go on the road.

• Advertisement

I foresee 2 nights in Dublin, Amsterdam, London. Manchester a maybe.

It's a lean enough list of dates alright. I think he's on record though as saying that he doesn't really like the touring experience.

That luxury is gone though, even for John Mayer - If you want to earn some money for your music and aren't one of the top selling pop acts, you need to go on the road.

The opposite, he loves touring. Its one of his favourite things

• The opposite, he loves touring. Its one of his favourite things

Bejaysus. Think it was his Oxford University talk where he mentioned not being mad about it, huh.

So what's his excuse then for ignoring us all these years?! :pac:

Bejaysus. Think it was his Oxford University talk where he mentioned not being mad about it, huh.

So what's his excuse then for ignoring us all these years?! :pac:

Don't know, wonder how his night in whelans was.

Just was watching a Instagram post one day saying he loves touring. Touring with the grateful dead has brought his love back.

So perhaps he's changed his mind only in past 4yrs

• Don't know, wonder how his night in whelans was.

Just was watching a Instagram post one day saying he loves touring. Touring with the grateful dead has brought his love back.

So perhaps he's changed his mind only in past 4yrs

Good shout. Not into the Dead myself, but he is, and I'd say it's a pleasure to tour and play with your idols. He seems to really enjoy that gig.

What night in Whelan's was that btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    whats the ticket price?

I'm guessing from €70 upwards

Good shout. Not into the Dead myself, but he is, and I'd say it's a pleasure to tour and play with your idols. He seems to really enjoy that gig.

What night in Whelan's was that btw?

No idea, think it was in 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Haha you’ll have a super time if he does.

• Wooderson wrote: »
    Haha you’ll have a super time if he does.

I'm still trying to crack that Dead nut. Hopefully it'll happen sooner or later. I'm not denying their talent or place/influence in music history, I just can't get into them.

We'll see though, I was not into Frank Zappa in my 20s and never thought I would be, but he's one of my favourite artists in my 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I foresee 2 nights in Dublin, Amsterdam, London. Manchester a maybe.

He will add the obligatory second date in London on the 14th .
    Dublin will not get a second date as there is no room in his schedule.
    Is he even that popular in Ireland ??

Amsterdam will get a second night.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »

There is room in the schedule, the previous day.

I may overestimate his popularity but people travel to see him.

On the plus side you could almost say the 3arena would be more intimate than the UK gigs.

Anyway we shall see tomorrow. Short tour he'll try to maximise if he can.

I think he's one of these rarities in Europe that would warrant sell out. I think he may have a harder time in the Scandinavian countries though.

• Zardoz wrote: »

Mainstream wise...no. He's very popular with guitarists and musicians though (as well as despised by some) and although that wouldn't sell-out one night in the 3 Arena alone never mind two nights, I'd say this gig will sell well.

The few musician pages I'm on have been lighting up since this gig was announced. I'd actually say it'll be a bigger cockfest than last year's Toto gigs in Vicar Street. :pac:

There is room in the schedule, the previous day.

I may overestimate his popularity but people travel to see him.

On the plus side you could almost say the 3arena would be more intimate than the UK gigs.

Anyway we shall see tomorrow. Short tour he'll try to maximise if he can.

I think he's one of these rarities in Europe that would warrant sell out. I think he may have a harder time in the Scandinavian countries though.

There is no room .
    He plays London on the 13th and the extra date will be the 14th as the 12th is booked by another artist..

He is playing Dublin the 16th so you think he will add the 15th ,no chance of that .

Its the intimate standing setup being used ,seats from row 5 up which is much more intimate than the UK venues.
    The standing area will be very small ,his UK gigs are all seated.

Zardoz wrote: »
    There is no room .
    He plays London on the 13th and the extra date will be the 14th as the 12th is booked by another artist..

He is playing Dublin the 16th so you think he will add the 15th ,no chance of that .

Its the intimate standing setup being used ,seats from row 5 up which is much more intimate than the UK venues.

I see, didn't know about the London schedule. Yep guess we only get the one gig.

Better get the best seats going now instead of buying two separate dates. Cheers

What bugs me is that on ticketmaster you can't check what the price of tickets will be.

Does anyone know the different prices based on standing/seating, lower/upper tier?

€73.75 - €83.75 is the price range

• Zardoz wrote: »
    There is no room .

Good bit of recon there. That rules out a second Irish date for me. No way he'd do a second show in Dublin but not London.

• So...

Any chance of him just running the 'Where The Light Is' gig in Dublin? That'll do me just fine :D

well that was stressful, desktop didn't get one

app got it in the end multiple times.

Not amazing seating in terms of direction facing stage, namely G and A, I got row 6 in A so i'm happy.

• Advertisement

It's his birthday on the gig!

Advertisement