Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation spectacular announced for Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Shn99 wrote: »

With respect to the organisers its the same line-up we see year after at Irish Airshows nothing that would get me out of bed to see the current participants .we need to get fast military aircraft involved again in Irish Ais Displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I've always wondered could Cobh host an airshow... it has the train to get there ok but parking would be a tragedy. Being up on the hill watching a low(ish) level display could be quite tasty. The geography of the area would be quite unique.

ALso there are a lot of people around Cork/Kerry/Waterford who would not bother going to Bray or Foynes so I hope its a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭thomil

I was just about to write something over in the Cork City forum about this. While it isn't a breathtaking line-up yet, it certainly looks interesting, especially since it is more or less at my doorstep. Too bad that there won't be any static display by the looks of it, unless they put some Air Corps & Coast Guard helicopters out on the cruise terminal.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Storm 10 wrote: »
    With respect to the organisers its the same line-up we see year after at Irish Airshows nothing that would get me out of bed to see the current participants .we need to get fast military aircraft involved again in Irish Ais Displays.
    While not worth it for yourself it could well be a first for many in the South. They have to start somewhere. And only as a show gais in popularity does the chance of fast jets increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Storm 10 wrote: »

There was a user (possibly a former mod) who seemed to suggest that negotiations for a good old fashioned Baldonnel Air Spectacular well well under way. This turned out of course (as I said at the time) to be pure rubbish.

The days of modern fast jet airshows in the republic are over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Negative_G wrote: »
    There was a user (possibly a former mod) who seemed to suggest that negotiations for a good old fashioned Baldonnel Air Spectacular well well under way. This turned out of course (as I said at the time) to be pure rubbish.

The days of modern fast jet airshows in the republic are over.

Where there is a will, there is a way. keep asking, if you know someone that could help ask them!

Advertisement