Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel card

• 10-03-2019 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I get diesel for 250 euros every month and usually getting it from Circle K.

I get 4 cents off per litre using AA app and wondering if there is any fuel card available which would help me to save another few euros every month?

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I get diesel for 250 euros every month and usually getting it from Circle K.

I get 4 cents off per litre using AA app and wondering if there is any fuel card available which would help me to save another few euros every month?

Any advice is appreciated.

Most fuel cards will only offer a Max of 4¢ /L

So you're probably doing as good as you can get, unless you run a haulage firm and have a contract with a local supply company... Which I don't think you do

Best best is to find your location station that accepts a dci card allowing 4c off per Litre

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

250 euro's ?

My fuel card is usually around 4/5 cpl DEARER than the local garage. Haven't used it in about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes 250 euros a month.

And yes, i am not associated with a company to get a cheaper rate. Unless someone hook me up here :)
    250 euro's ?

My fuel card is usually around 4/5 cpl DEARER than the local garage. Haven't used it in about 6 months.

Yes 250 euros a month.

And yes, i am not associated with a company to get a cheaper rate. Unless someone hook me up here :)

Check with your local credit union.. mine offers a topaz/CircleK card and a dci card.. both giving 4¢ off the pump price and €5 for a car wash.. no matter what price of car wash. Basic to mega premium

I can get the top wash (€12) for €5... Or the basic for €5.. I'll always opt for the top wash.. as it's the same price.

Would this 4 cents be extra on top of my AA discount of 4 cents?
    mikeecho wrote: »
    Check with your local credit union.. mine offers a topaz/CircleK card and a dci card.. both giving 4¢ off the pump price and €5 for a car wash.. no matter what price of car wash. Basic to mega premium

I can get the top wash (€12) for €5... Or the basic for €5.. I'll always opt for the top wash.. as it's the same price.

• Advertisement

Would this 4 cents be extra on top of my AA discount of 4 cents?

Technically.. no.. but in reality.. I know if someone that uses the AA app.to get 4c off.. then pays with a card for another 4c off and it works for them.

Anytime I've tried to use the QR code on the AA app, it never recosnises it.. so I just get the card discount.

Is there a monthly cost associated with Circle K card?
    Technically.. no.. but in reality.. I know if someone that uses the AA app.to get 4c off.. then pays with a card for another 4c off and it works for them.

Anytime I've tried to use the QR code on the AA app, it never recosnises it.. so I just get the card discount.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Interesting. I've the AA fuel card (the credit one where you get an invoice). So could I use the app and pay with card and get 8c off?

antodeco wrote: »
    Interesting. I've the AA fuel card (the credit one where you get an invoice). So could I use the app and pay with card and get 8c off?

It might work.. and it might not.. I've yet to get the QR code on the app to work, but a work colleague swears by it.

He regularly gets 4c off.. and another 4c off with his fuel card, saving him 8c/l on Diesel.

Is there a monthly cost associated with Circle K card?

I've a dci card and a topaz card, both linked to the same budget account with my credit union, no additional costs associated.
    I just pay the pump price less 4c , and all car washs are €5.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much.

I don't have a company car. I use the car for personal use. And I have got AIB and PTSB only. Am I still eligible to get Topaz / Circle K card?

I tried looking at Circle K website but this info is not there.
    I've a dci card and a topaz card, both linked to the same budget account with my credit union, no additional costs associated.
    I just pay the pump price less 4c , and all car washs are €5.

Thank you so much.

I don't have a company car. I use the car for personal use. And I have got AIB and PTSB only. Am I still eligible to get Topaz / Circle K card?

Yup. Mines a personal account. I've 4 seperatley cards, but I actually could've just used the one as I don't input reg and mileage etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

AFAIK there's 2 types of fuel cards, 1 gives you a guaranteed price the other gives you a discount on the pump price, I think the fixed price you pay monthly the other is weekly. 4c off the pump price is usually the best you'll get.

Thank you so much.

Ask your local credit Union.

Clareman wrote: »
    AFAIK there's 2 types of fuel cards, 1 gives you a guaranteed price the other gives you a discount on the pump price, I think the fixed price you pay monthly the other is weekly. 4c off the pump price is usually the best you'll get.

Mines the 4c discount. I get an invoice twice a month

I tried getting a Circle K card now.
    It's asking for Company Name where I wrote my own name. And in the end its direct debit. Is this normal to set up direct debit?

I tried getting a Circle K card now.
    It's asking for Company Name where I wrote my own name. And in the end its direct debit. Is this normal to set up direct debit?

Yup. That's how they charge you. Get an invoice and about a week later comes out via direct debit

Grand. Finished the application now.

Hope they send the Circle K fuel card before I require a refill.

Do we use this fuel card in the same payment machine while paying at circle K and enter 4 digit pin code? Or they just scan it?
    antodeco wrote: »
    Yup. That's how they charge you. Get an invoice and about a week later comes out via direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Do we use this fuel card in the same payment machine while paying at circle K and enter 4 digit pin code? Or they just scan it?

Swipe the card and put in a PIN.

They have the fancy contactless machines. At the very side you can swipe (it's not very obvious on the machine). They'll ask if you want reg and mileage (I don't as don't need to and saves the time!). Enter pin number and away you go. I combine it with the circle K app for my points also.

My invoice dates seem to be the 7th and 21st, depending on when I fill up. Not sure if it'll be the same for you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not going to Circle K/Topaz would save you money.

I got email from Circle K that if I am an individual then I should apply at www.fuelcard.ie
    However this gives discount of 2 cents per lit.

Any other better option for fuel cards please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

2c cent is the standard discount, if you are applying through a link supplied by AXA or your credit union you will qualify for the 4c discount.

Thanks a million.
    tossy wrote: »
    2c cent is the standard discount, if you are applying through a link supplied by AXA or your credit union you will qualify for the 4c discount.

Thanks a million.

If you get a Circle K card it'll give you the discount on regular and plus fuel.

If you get a DCI card, it'll work in greatgas, circle k (but no discount for plus fuel), maxol, Texaco and others.. but it wont work in applegreen.

I have both cards.. doesn't cost anything, both debt from the one credit union account.

Edit . I used to have 3 cards. Esso, topaz and DCI... I don't even use that much fuel, but was handy to loan one to a family member,. Or if I wanted to buy more than 100L in a 24hr period.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Clareman wrote: »

Yep, my DCI card is invoiced weekly (rate changes weekly too) but the bill is taken monthly which suits me fine (my average bill is about 450-550 per month)

I get a text with next week's rate on a Friday and if I find it creeping up over the local rates (as it will after a while), I just call them and they will usually knock a few cents off again.

I don't get the discounted car wash though.. I can put that and stuff like motor oil on it but its full price.

Still, for me it's just easier to have one bill a month and not having to worry about having cash on me if I need to fill up :)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yep, my DCI card is invoiced weekly (rate changes weekly too) but the bill is taken monthly which suits me fine (my average bill is about 450-550 per month)

I get a text with next week's rate on a Friday and if I find it creeping up over the local rates (as it will after a while), I just call them and they will usually knock a few cents off again.

I don't get the discounted car wash though.. I can put that and stuff like motor oil on it but its full price.

Still, for me it's just easier to have one bill a month and not having to worry about having cash on me if I need to fill up :)

My DCI card is 4c off the pump price. I don't get a weekly rate.

Great info!

I am going to apply for Circle K card as I tend to use Miles Plus diesel. I feel this fuel with additives is actually making a difference.

P.S. Update: I applied for Circle K using fuelcard.ie and it says 2 cents off per lit. I thought it was supposed to give 4 cents off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Jacob Cold Gym

Great info!

P.S. Update: I applied for Circle K using fuelcard.ie and it says 2 cents off per lit. I thought it was supposed to give 4 cents off?
    You obviously didn't read it all ;)

• Advertisement

Please help :)
    You obviously didn't read it all ;)

Advertisement