Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 31 free hit team selection?

• 09-03-2019 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Not wanting to plan too far ahead it makes sense to me to play the free hit for game week 31. I want to play another chip in 32 and will worry about game week 33 when the games are decided. Early in the week yet so bound to make some changes. Currently looking at:

Fabianski
    Alexander Arnold, Luiz, Robertson, Rice
    Hazard, Salah, Sigurdsson
    Rondon, Wilson, Higuain

Boruc, Fraser, Diop, Almiron

With 3.6 mill in the bank with the above team (selected mainly for this weeks fixtures) money is not an issue but still think there are improvements to be made. Any comments or advice on who to go for appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Vardy instead of Higuain? I think anyone free hitting this week will be left with a decent amount in the bank. You could make Mane your third pool instead if Mane possibly? I prefer the two at the back option myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Surely the optimal strategy for picking your fh team is just to copy fantasy football scout gameweek Picks?

POKERKING wrote: »
    Surely the optimal strategy for picking your fh team is just to copy fantasy football scout gameweek Picks?

They don't pick an fpl squad though. But yeah you'd want it to be pretty close alright to what they put out. Some people may also have more money than them to spend so can upgrade on what they do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I’d be interested to see who they pick, certainly not copy it

Sure if everyone did that, FPL be boring as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

I’ll be going Vardy, Wilson, TAA, Salah, Tielemens, Diop and build the rest around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,749 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d be interested to see who they pick, certainly not copy it

Sure if everyone did that, FPL be boring as hell
    Yeah that is a crazy logic. If I was doing one (I'm not) I think it would be

Fabianski (Boruc)
    Robertson Fredericks Whichever of Luiz/Rudiger doesnt play on Thursday (Daniels/Stankovic)
    Salah Mane Hazard Anderson (Bacuna)
    Higuain Vardy Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah that is a crazy logic. If I was doing one (I'm not) I think it would be

Fabianski (Boruc)
    Robertson Fredericks Whichever of Luiz/Rudiger doesnt play on Thursday (Daniels/Stankovic)
    Salah Mane Hazard Anderson (Bacuna)
    Higuain Vardy Wilson
    I'll be FH'ing, and first draft is very simialr to this, just Fraser instead of Anderson really.

Fabianski (Boruc)
    TAA Rice Luiz (Diop, Stankovic)
    Salah Mane Hazard Fraser (Barnes)
    Higuain Vardy Wilson

Summary: 3 Pool (ful), 3 Chelsea (eve), 2 Bournemouth (NEW), 2 WH at the back (HUD) and Vardy (Bur)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have done my first FH draft

Fab (Boruc)

Robertson Rice Pereira (Kenny, Lejuene)

Salah Mane Hazard Snodgrass (Hayden)

Vardy Higuain Wilson

Not too sure I'll go too different from this bar injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonna be a lot of angry people when Depoitre bundles one in
    West ham are poo at the back
    Absolute poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

If you just free hit for GW 31 will you have 2 transfers for GW 32 ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Macker1 wrote: »
    If you just free hit for GW 31 will you have 2 transfers for GW 32 ???

No goes back to 1 ft.

“Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.”

No goes back to 1 ft.

“Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.”

Where did you find that concise and very clear explanation ?
    Oh on the FPL site under rules you say .......

It wouldnt be a bad week to be some be contrariam this week if you chasing, id imagine salah will have craxy ownership given people planning for this week and the free hits, ill probably fade him and take my medicine if he does well

It wouldnt be a bad week to be some be contrariam this week if you chasing, id imagine salah will have craxy ownership given people planning for this week and the free hits, ill probably fade him and take my medicine if he does well

He is the only must have

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Draft 2 (cause I tore up draft 1)

Fabianski (Lossl)
    Robertson VVD Ake (Pereira Rice)
    Salah Hazard Andersen Fraser (Kante)
    Vardy Higuain Wilson

I refuse REFUSE to own Mané

km79 wrote: »
    He is the only must have

If everyone owns him best not to imo depending on your current position in leagues

If everyone owns him best not to imo depending on your current position in leagues

That makes no sense
    He is playing the worst team in the league
    He will be captained
    You have a free hit
    And don’t want him ?

If everyone owns him against Fulham it best to own him. And captain him

You have 10 other differentials

Rikand wrote: »
    Draft 2 (cause I tore up draft 1)

Fabianski (Lossl)
    Robertson VVD Ake (Pereira Rice)
    Salah Hazard Andersen Fraser (Kante)
    Vardy Higuain Wilson

I refuse REFUSE to own Mané

I am not free hitting but I too am wary of mane and am also considering hazard for my sins !
    I wouldn’t mind I only sold Alison for dubravka a few weeks back to free up the spot for mane !

km79 wrote: »
    That makes no sense
    He is playing the worst team in the league
    He will be captained
    You have a free hit
    And don’t want him ?

If everyone owns him against Fulham it best to own him. And captain him

You have 10 other differentials

The higher his ownership the better it is to fade him as he wont always have a good week.

The times he doesn't I gain a lot on the a high percentage of people the time he does I'm screwed.

I havent made any builds yet and seeing as people are leaving money on the table most teams are going to be pretty similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I can't remember from last season but with the FH can i make transfers tonight and go back in again tomorrow and make more, similar to the wildcard, or do all transfers need to be done in one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

jimmii wrote: »
    They don't pick an fpl squad though. But yeah you'd want it to be pretty close alright to what they put out. Some people may also have more money than them to spend so can upgrade on what they do too.

They do pick a squad except no sub keeper? I think its a wise move if u just want to most logicall highest score and dont need to chase points. The lads will do all the research and will likely have the closest thing to the best team available. Statistically speaking.

I know its boring and if we all did same etc but casuals wont do this and its a chance to move up the overall rankings. Its the only time you can actually do this, its part of the reason i dont like fh. I dont like the fact you can just copy ffs but to me it makes most sense and i want to win so i will do it(when i use chip).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can't remember from last season but with the FH can i make transfers tonight and go back in again tomorrow and make more, similar to the wildcard, or do all transfers need to be done in one go?

You can change as many times as you like.

Re the scout picks, they only use a budget of 85M, I think.

They do pick a squad except no sub keeper? I think its a wise move if u just want to most logicall highest score and dont need to chase points. The lads will do all the research and will likely have the closest thing to the best team available. Statistically speaking.

I know its boring and if we all did same etc but casuals wont do this and its a chance to move up the overall rankings. Its the only time you can actually do this, its part of the reason i dont like fh. I dont like the fact you can just copy ffs but to me it makes most sense and i want to win so i will do it(when i use chip).

The scout picks are an 11 and then an extra player in each outfield position so most weeks they end up with 4 forwards. Good guide for your first 11 but the subtle differences can make a big difference depending on funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkcoco

You can change as many times as you like.

Re the scout picks, they only use a budget of 85M, I think.

No they change at as the season goes on so it's in line with most people's budgets for their starting 11. It's currently 83.1m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So Is suppose given that the template is looking like the following:

Fabianski
    Liverpool/WH defenders plus David Luiz
    Hazard/Mane/Salah +1 of Siggy/Fraser/Anderson
    Higuain/Vardy +1 of Wilson/Rondon

... anyone else considering any differentials? Tilemens, Snodgrass and Perreira the only others mentioned so far. Azpilicueta instead of Luiz might be a mix-up for me, maybe Maddison in as the 4th mid, Richarlison and Digne haven't been mentioned yet either. No chance anyone is fitting in Firmino is there? Almiron maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm free hitting too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm free hitting too :)

Can't wait to see yours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If you have all the chips is the fh best to play this week?

Advertisement