Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lloyd Cole

Options
  • 07-03-2019 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

Lloyd Cole playing around Ireland in late October/early November.

Tickets on general sale on Friday but pre-sale at the moment through his website.

I had the pleasure of seeing him in Wexford a couple of years ago and going all the way back to Croke Park in 1986 (supporting Simple Minds).

He is fantastic live and played half the set with his doppleganger son last time. Not one to miss if you like that vintage music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah I loved Lloyd Cole and the Commotions! I was at Croker too and saw them at Vicar Street (2004?) for the 20th anniversary of Rattlesnakes. Brilliant album. I haven't seen a solo show, wasn't mad on his first few solo offerings and haven't kept up with him since but I might dip back in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'll be there.

Last time I saw him, in Whelans, there was a massive crowd of ladies whooping (in a funny way). Think he was their heart-throb back in the day. He was very self deprecating. Saying he generally only tours in the Spring (not this time) as the Winter/Christmas weight gain gives him sufficient self-loathing to perform some of his songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

I've seen him a good few times over the years and he never disappoints. I agree - apart from the music, he is very amusing during his shows. Bit of a raconteur-cum-grumpy-old-man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I love him - saw him in London, The Borderline, early 90s and a few years ago in Cork. He is just brill - vocals strong - great rapport with audience. He's coming back to Cork in November "Live at St. Lukes" I cannot wait to see him again. And get him to sign new album - as he's just so lovely to chat to when he's doing his signings. J :p

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Saw him last night in Galway - what a gig ... he must have played for well over 2 hours ... it was really, really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was at last Wednesday's show in Vicar Street, absolutely loved it.

Nice to see the love for Lloyd..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Birneybau wrote: »
    Was at last Wednesday's show in Vicar Street, absolutely loved it.

Yeah, was a great show. My only (slight) gripe
    Is how he plays Rattlesnakes solo. Bit too slow for my liking. He was in fine voice though, I think it’s actually improved over the years.

I saw himself and the Commotions in Vicar Street in 2004. Rattlesnakes 20th anniversary I think? Great night. What I wouldn't give to see them do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I saw himself and the Commotions in Vicar Street in 2004. Rattlesnakes 20th anniversary I think? Great night. What I wouldn't give to see them do that again.

Agree 100%.

Although, going on your username you might share my ultimate musical wish to see Morrissey & Marr share a stage again?

• Advertisement

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Agree 100%.

Although, going on your username you might share my ultimate musical wish to see Morrissey & Marr share a stage again?

Johnny just replied to a fan query about a 2020 reunion with "yeah, and Nigel Farage on guitar ", so I'm thinking that dream is dead. Moz has dirtied his bib so often that I don't even want it. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Saw that too.

Moz has lost track a bit the last few years. Even the last few gigs in Dublin have been ordinary.

Seeing "Asleep" live though on gig before last was a highlight though.

Even with all that Moz brings, would love to see it.

But agree, cant see it ever happening.

Advertisement