Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah, I think the dems will be happy enough to let him bumble on to the election as they fight it out and I think it's unlikely the mueller report will be that substantial. It seems like the most logical option, the best way for him to go is by a free and fair election and his popularity is only going one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Tim Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tim Apple.

Who's that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I know right? It seems so ridiculous but after everything we've seen over the last two years, I wouldn't be too surprised if it were true.

Edit: Tim Apple. I mean ffs, how can any of you pro-trump supporters follow such a bumbling idiot?
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd being thinking something like that myself especially after watching his testimony.

I'm pretty sure if something like that happened the entire American political system might implode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

duploelabs wrote: »
    The bar has been set, by his own emotional stability, that I expect a full-on toddler tantrum when Trump is removed. Anything more dignified would be impressive.

On the aspect of taking a deal. Trump has surrounded his life with Yes men. He has been told what he wants to hear all the time and has built up a mentality of that, and continues to do so. When Rudy said that 'Truth isn't Truth' I think he may have been trying to explain that, Trump's reality is not a true reflection on what is actually happening as he's constantly told an editorialised version of events. Trumps defiance in calling the Mueller investigation a 'witch hunt' is reinforced by those around him, and it won't be until the law enforcement are there with the bracelets will he actually realise that it isn't a 'hoax'.
    So I still believe that Trump thinks he's in no danger and he won't make any plans to take a plea deal.

Listening to CNN last night about the Dems declining to allow Fox cover the debate, and how Don responded by saying in effect two can play that game, it shows how much he relies on Fox for his daily briefings. Mention was made somewhere in the media last week that Don has Sean Hannity as his White House media adviser, which if true, shows how Fox would be able to guide Don willingly along a chosen path and why Don is always on about the media being the enemy of the people.

If you've got Fox's own Josef whispering in Don's ear the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and a personally-chosen USSC bench, the !st amendment is at terrible risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd being thinking something like that myself especially after watching his testimony.

I'm pretty sure if something like that happened the entire American political system might implode.

If that's possible, I hope Don or Rudy let the cat out of the bag. Otherwise the intelligence upstairs in both is greater than we've been led to believe. The idea of having to rely on both for the truth is unsettling.

FFS. He'll probably claim it was done as a joke but it looked like he had no idea what Tim cooks actual second name was.

Ah now, he said "We appreciate it very much Tim; Apple." Could be a comma instead of a semi-colon. That's how he speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tim Apple would seriously make me doubt someone had full mental function tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Itssoeasy wrote: »

FFS. He'll probably claim it was done as a joke but it looked like he had no idea what Tim cooks actual second name was.
    The earlier bit of the clip I saw seemed to be Trump suggesting that it was his idea for Apple to move to the US and start making phones or some other such nonsense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ah now, he said "We appreciate it very much Tim; Apple." Could be a comma instead of a semi-colon. That's how he speaks.

I actually agree.

The rest of the speech was mumbling nonsense though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I actually agree.

Oh aye. But I don't like anything that gives them a chance to show the media being wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You're both joking right?
    Brian? wrote: »
    I actually agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Tim Apple.

Who's that ?

Tim Apple, an American icon just like Thomas Lightbulb, Henry Car and of course Wilbur and Orville Plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

GM228 wrote: »
    Tim Apple, an American icon just like Thomas Lightbulb, Henry Car and of course Wilbur and Orville Plane.

I hear Elon Tesla is meetin him next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Manafort gets sentenced shortly.

This is from the Judge Ellis trial last year. 25 years, I think is the maximum.

Manafort gets sentenced shortly.

This is from the Judge Ellis trial last year. 25 years, I think is the maximum.

If he gets anything near 25 years, he might as well go buy a plot in the graveyard because he may not get out alive.

If he gets anything near 25 years, he might as well go buy a plot in the graveyard because he may not get out alive.

Even 10 years wouldn't be far off that. Giulliani is in Trump's office supposedly.

New York State has already prepared charges too in the event of a pardon.
    https://twitter.com/dcpoll/status/1098984888101941250

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

His logic seemed to be that all accounts are that the Mueller report is effectively finished, that there will be indictments of Trump family members but that there are others. So, non-Trump indictments this Friday, no indictments next Friday (Ides of March) and Trump family indictments on 22nd or 29th alongside submitting report and closing investigation (and getting fired).

It's as good a thesis as any. John Brennan would certainly know how the Washington whispers are sounding (not that such whispers would be based on anything but scuttlebutt, as Mueller's team are absolutely not leaking) . However, I wonder if some of the punditry around Trump family indictments isn't in fact wishful thinking! I can't see Mueller's team indicting Ivanka, Junior or Jared when AFAIK he hasn't interviewed them. If only for sake of the optics, I would have expected them to be interviewed and have matters put to them, before an indictment.

• Advertisement

Havockk wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47480207

So much for draining the swamp. Donald IS the swamp.

1,878 Drone strikes in TOTAL under Obama in 8 years
    2,243 in 2 years under Trump

And worst of all, they no longer have to report about them. What a mess of corruption.

Worse still, they no longer have to report on civilian deaths resulting from drone strikes.

Horrific! Imagine how many innocent Yemenis will be slaughtered in 2019 as a result and we will never even hear about it!

If there is an afterlife, these evil murderers deserve the hottest place in Hell for all eternity!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone still confident he’ll be removed some way or another before the election? I never thought so and I doubt the report will change much.

No chance, unless he suffers a stroke or something like that.

The Dems are planning to ramp up investigations so that every facet of Trump's life and that of his family and associates are laid bare as evidence of his abject unsuitability for the office over the next 18 months, coupled with a simple 2020 Presidential election message: Get Him Out! Kinda like the corollary of Lock Her Up!

All reasonable folks seem to regard the election and choice by the people as the only way this will work; other alternatives are too close to Civil War territory...

Thargor wrote: »

Ah, look! I'm 52! I was up with my daughter Jane this evening.. I repeatedly called her Liz, Mary (2 other daughters) and Sarah, all in that order.. The only Sarah I know is my sister..

So, we all have brain farts from time to time. Sometimes, I think that, because Trump is so free- speaking in a clearly un-controlled manner, we see 'normal' brain-farting and ascribe all manner of mental incompetence to him as a result.

That said, all his other actions and presentations on a day to day basis clearly portray someone who is seriously loopy and extremely dangerous. However, we need to be clear on what exactly is dangerous rather than what is normal brain- farting for a 72 year-old illiterate.

Just saying!

aloyisious wrote: »
    Listening to CNN last night about the Dems declining to allow Fox cover the debate, and how Don responded by saying in effect two can play that game, it shows how much he relies on Fox for his daily briefings. Mention was made somewhere in the media last week that Don has Sean Hannity as his White House media adviser, which if true, shows how Fox would be able to guide Don willingly along a chosen path and why Don is always on about the media being the enemy of the people.

If you've got Fox's own Josef whispering in Don's ear the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and a personally-chosen USSC bench, the !st amendment is at terrible risk.

The thing tRump didn't seem to grasp was that the DNC were referring to the Dem primary debates when they de- rated Fox, and NOT the Presidential debates. Trump however referred to the "2 can play at that game" in the context of the Pres. debates and not the Republican Primary debates.

Just shows the weakness of his thought processing. Dems will debate their primaries on anything but Fox, and Reps can debate their primaries on Fox alone. Let's see how that works out for Don's gang!

Oh, wait!! there's not going to be anyone standing against tRump in the Rep Primaries.... So there won't be any Rep Primary debates... Yes/No?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Worse still, they no longer have to report on civilian deaths resulting from drone strikes.

Horrific! Imagine how many innocent Yemenis will be slaughtered in 2019 as a result and we will never even hear about it!

If there is an afterlife, these evil murderers deserve the hottest place in Hell for all eternity!

Ah, but it's all worth it because Trump will stop the babies from being butchered by their evil, selfish, slutty mothers and Make America Christian Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And Cohen is suing the Trump organisation as they have stopped paying his legal bills...funny that!

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    It's as good a thesis as any. John Brennan would certainly know how the Washington whispers are sounding (not that such whispers would be based on anything but scuttlebutt, as Mueller's team are absolutely not leaking) . However, I wonder if some of the punditry around Trump family indictments isn't in fact wishful thinking! I can't see Mueller's team indicting Ivanka, Junior or Jared when AFAIK he hasn't interviewed them. If only for sake of the optics, I would have expected them to be interviewed and have matters put to them, before an indictment.

I'm very skeptical about a Mueller report tomorrow, as I said earlier. Then again, people with more knowledge than myself on these matters suggest that it shouldn't be written off.

I still think that it won't be tomorrow but I'm just an observer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thargor wrote: »

Trump just can't imagine someone who runs a company that's isn't the same name as theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,293 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sentencing guidelines - 19 to 24 years.

He doesn't apologise.

Prosecution says there is no mitigating factors.

Manafort gets 47 months.

FFS

• Advertisement

Just under 4 years for Manafort.

He has the DC trial next week where he will be sentenced by Berman Jackson.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement