Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nile Rodgers + Chic with Kaiser Chiefs - St. Annes Park - 02/06/19

• 04-03-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Nile Rodgers back again with Chic on June bank holiday Sunday, tickets €49.90.

https://mcd.ie/artists/nile-rodgers-chic/

Surprised to see him back here again so soon considering I think he was here maybe 3 times last year? While I do love them, there must be law of diminishing returns at this point, I would think everyone on this island has seen him now at some point!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Nile Rodgers back again with Chic on June bank holiday Sunday, tickets €49.90.

https://mcd.ie/artists/nile-rodgers-chic/

Surprised to see him back here again so soon considering I think he was here maybe 3 times last year? While I do love them, there must be law of diminishing returns at this point, I would think everyone on this island has seen him now at some point!

Delighted to hear this as I can walk!

The man should have an Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

23 times in last 10 years according to Nialler 9

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Kaiser Chiefs?? thats a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Kaiser Chiefs?? thats a strange one

Is it that strange? Appeals to people sense of nostalgia for that one hit song they had. Probably pretty cheap to book them for gigs as well, due to them having one song that was a hit.

Effects wrote: »
    Is it that strange? Appeals to people sense of nostalgia for that one hit song they had. Probably pretty cheap to book them for gigs as well, due to them having one song that was a hit.

Not a Kaisers fan, at all, but they weren't Babylon fúcking Zoo like you're making them out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Not a Kaisers fan, at all, but they weren't Babylon fúcking Zoo like you're making them out to be.

Much preferred Babylon Zoo to Kaisers myself!

The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes is a great album!

I never said they were, I just said they had one hit and people will want to see them for nostalgic reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I never said they were, I just said they had one hit and people will want to see them for nostalgic reasons.

What one? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So they're headlining Beatyard then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

In fairness they had a few big singles when they first came out and their Employment album was quite successful too.

But havent heard from them in a while - I'll file them under "festival fodder"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fillup wrote: »
    In fairness they had a few big singles when they first came out and their Employment album was quite successful too.

But havent heard from them in a while - I'll file them under "festival fodder"

I was being sarcastic. ;)

Not even a fan but yeah "Oh my God" (perhaps more known for Lily Allens cover) and "I Predict a Riot" were pretty big songs for them off that album you haven't even mentioned "Ruby"(dreadful song) which wasn't on there and that was actually a #1 so I'm a slight bit curious as to what the "one song" Effects is solely pinning them to.

Festival fodder is most certainly what they are at this stage for sure.

I was actually trying to think about how it went and "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby" was the first thing that came into my head so I've proved myself wrong.

I'm a slight bit curious as to what the "one song" Effects is solely pinning them to.

I predict a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm a slight bit curious as to what the "one song" Effects is solely pinning them to.

I predict a riot.

Nah, will be tame enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kaiser Chiefs are great live, perfect for warming up a crowd. Good line-up and not a total rip off price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've seen Kaiser chiefs open for green day, Eminem, Foo fighters and someone else I can't remember, they are probably the best support band I've ever seen. They exactly know what to do to get the crowd going without burning them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Anyone know what St. Anne's Park is like to get to and from the city centre?? buses running every so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

buses running out to baldoyle, howth & portmarnock along the Killester end of Howth Road and also Killester dart station. Buses 29A, 31s & 32s. The 130 bus runs out to Dollymount and terminates very close

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

neris wrote: »
    buses running out to baldoyle, howth & portmarnock along the Killester end of Howth Road and also Killester dart station. Buses 29A, 31s & 32s. The 130 bus runs out to Dollymount and terminates very close

You're a star, thanks :)
    Do you think they'll still be running after the gig is over, gonna estimate half 10 / 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

should be i think the last buses are about 1130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Random question, but I'm looking around for two second hand tickets for this gig. If I can't get any, I'll probably just buy full price ones on ticketmaster. It's not sold out. The gig is scheduled to start at 4PM. What time will they be selling tickets to this until on ticketmaster? Nile Rodgers himself isn't on until after 9PM. I don't want to be too late and end up stuck if I can't get second hand ones. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Does anyone where is St Anne’s the gig is on? Where should you enter the park from? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Does anyone where is St Anne’s the gig is on? Where should you enter the park from? Thanks

There are three entrances depending on the colour route indicated on your ticket, as far as I know. Either enter via Howth Road or Sybill Hill.

• GREEN ENTRANCE - Off Sybil Hill
    • BLUE ENTRANCE - At the tennis courts on All Saints Road.
    • RED ENTRANCE - Near the Botanical Gardens on All Saints Road

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Thanks. My ticket doesn't have any route info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Tickets still available from ticketmaster if anyone is looking.

Feedback from people at the gigs Friday and last night says that it's very well run event with good quality sound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Thanks. My ticket doesn't have any route info on it.

I'd go for Sybill Hill in that case. They close the road to traffic and that seems to be the main route.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

𝐍𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 & 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

16:00 - DJ Razor
    18:00 - @TOUCANBand
    19:15 - @KaiserChiefs
    21:00 - @NileRodgers & CHIC

𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒: http://bit.ly/NileRodgers-Dub

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1135172528215941121

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Fantastic show tonite - a mate wanted to see him who hasn't before - and venue around the corner from me. More obscure cuts from the albums he's worked on mixed with the usual hits.

However didn't expect to come home sober particularly as we'd only walked 20 minutes to get there - bar queues were like the last helicopter out of Saigon.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Bar queues were worst I've seen at a gig, security also cut off the bar queues at 9.50! Could have done with signs pointing to dart station as you left also, left early and with no crowd to follow ended up a bit lost! Harmonstown railway station on Google maps left us in the middle of a housing estate! Toucan were a pretty decent Irish funk band, Kaiser Chiefs had a good mix of hits and new stuff, and main event didn't disappoint. Bar rage could be my lasting memory however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SQ2 wrote:
    Bar queues were worst I've seen at a gig, security also cut off the bar queues at 9.50! Could have done with signs pointing to dart station as you left also, left early and with no crowd to follow ended up a bit lost! Harmonstown railway station on Google maps left us in the middle of a housing estate! Toucan were a pretty decent Irish funk band, Kaiser Chiefs had a good mix of hits and new stuff, and main event didn't disappoint. Bar rage could be my lasting memory however.

Harmonstown dart Station is actually in the middle of a housing estate. I'd imagine google maps brought you into Ennafort.

Advertisement