Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training pitch in Cork

Options
  • 06-03-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, looking for some recommendations if possible :)

Havent been training for the last about 3 years (no injury, just laziness!) I have started training again about 5 times per week (running only about 3-4km per day for now)

I am noticing my shins are starting to hurt slightly and am looking for soft ground/grass to train on. Does anyone know of any soccer/gaa/rugby pitches that I could train on during the week? Finished work by 3.30 every weekday so would be going straight to the pitch every day after work (ie:there would be no official training scheduled on the pitch this early) I was on a training pitch in my local area yesterday and was told running wasnt allowed on the field, whilst I understand their reasoning for this I am looking for anywhere I could run that allows people to train on the pitch during the day.

Anywhere in driving distance (20-30 min max drive) of cork city would be perfect, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is the regional park in Ballincollig to far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Murphy7777

Is the regional park in Ballincollig to far out.

Probably just tbh, im near Glanmire so would be a bit of a drive every day, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

The Farm UCC grounds, beside Curaheen Park greyhound stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Yermander

+1 for the UCC farm grounds. Nice bit of variety instead of running in circles.

I’ve seen some pitches in Brooklodge, not sure if they are used by gaa or the secondary school. Might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Any idea what the opening hours are for the farm? Wouldn’t mind somewhere similar for before work in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭deisedude

I thought they were closing the farm in the next few days lads?

Maybe try and vary up the terrain. Moanbaun woods in Watergrasshill is a nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Any idea what the opening hours are for the farm? Wouldn’t mind somewhere similar for before work in the mornings.

Farm is accessible all the time - gap between the railings on the left had side of entrance

Advertisement