Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City gyms

• 04-03-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have moved back west and looking for a gym to join. Working in Ballybrit so looking for something close by - would be training likely at peak times (5pm or potential 7am) during the week. Likely a weight based program ill be doing so looking for a place that is not a constant queue for squat racks etc.

Looking around ive narrowed it down to the below:

Warehouse Gym
    NRG Bohermore (bonus pool!)
    Galway City Gym
    Planet Fitness
    Kingfisher Renmore/ Active Fitness (thing these may be a bit out of the way with traffic)

Any reccomendations on the above (or any I have missed)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dazzday wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have moved back west and looking for a gym to join. Working in Ballybrit so looking for something close by - would be training likely at peak times (5pm or potential 7am) during the week. Likely a weight based program ill be doing so looking for a place that is not a constant queue for squat racks etc.

Warehouse Gym
    Galway City Gym
    Planet Fitness
    Kingfisher Renmore/ Active Fitness (thing these may be a bit out of the way with traffic)

The guy I work nights with goes to the Warehouse straight from work at 5.30/45 and loves it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Hi folks,

Warehouse Gym
    Galway City Gym
    Planet Fitness

There's also All Core Gym in Parkmore:
    https://allcoregym.ie/
    They're down by the race course. I work next door to them, really like it there. They only opened December 2017 so a lot of the gear is still quite new in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OwenHanley

Haven't heard great things about the Renmore gym so with it being out of the way it might not be worth.

Only heard great things about Warehouse though. Only thing to keep an eye out for is how busy it might

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Warehouse have opened above Tesco in Oranmore. If you want to avoid traffic in town. Depends on where you live and whether you have a car?

I used to be a member in Kingfisher Renmore (over a year ago). To be honest I wouldn't recommend them. Lots of tears in padding on equipment, quite a lot of equipment was old, a lot of groups use the pool (kids learning to swim, lifeguard training, aqua aerobics etc) so it was always busy the members weren't the priority with management. The showers were always cold and not well maintained, half the lockers were broke....etc. Things may have improved over the last year but I doubt it.

The NUIG kingfisher is very nice and well equipped. But parking is a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If you have any interest in CrossFit then there is Limitless Health in Ballybane Industrial Estate
    https://www.facebook.com/LimitlessGalway

Gymnastics classes are also available there too
    https://www.facebook.com/ModernWarriorBody

(disclaimer: I am a member)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Cheers folks. Took a months membership in the Warehouse Gym to try it out. Very friendly and accommodating staff... Got a good vibe about the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cheers folks. Took a months membership in the Warehouse Gym to try it out. Very friendly and accommodating staff... Got a good vibe about the place!

Mervue or Oranmore? Or does the membership work at either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

J o e wrote: »

Similar to kingfisher. For €50 extra you can attend either Renmore or NUIG.

Advertisement