Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fantastic! That's a really solid, steady pace. Seriously great results :)

Yeah happy enough with that. I know I could be more disciplined when it comes to my food but life is for living too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Great work, Lough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Okay, I did 4km last night at a 'fast' (for me) pace. I need to get back on it as my belt is bloody tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Other than pacing the line during the kids GAA matches at the weekend I did not a jot exercise wise... will have my birthday treats later this evening (herself made me a baileys cheesecake as a treat) and then its no more messing. Still a couple of lbs up since christmas, managed to lose the first 2 or 3 but the last couple have lodged & need shifting.

Well done on the ongoing losses Loughc, its fantastic to see it maintained over a period of weeks like that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Fair play everyone! I've fallen totally off the wagon this week. Our little guy was really ill and it was very scary so all my time has been taken up with him and now I've got a chest infection so feeling sorry for myself!

I rang a PT guy today tho and am waiting on him getting back to me so hoping I can get some time with him to get me back in the exercise game!

• Advertisement

How is the wee lad now? Don't get on top of yourself, priorities, and kill it when you're back on the wagon.

Jude13 wrote: »
    How is the wee lad now? Don't get on top of yourself, priorities, and kill it when you're back on the wagon.

He's on the mend! :D Roll on WI tomorrow night so I can put this terrible week behind me!

That's the spirit! Whats WI?

Weigh In :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Weigh in?

• Advertisement

Im blaming sleep deprivation on that one.

I haven't really gotten back on the wagon since I fell off at Christmas. :D

I'm falling down with not doing meal prep for my work lunches. Will try and do better next week, and get back to salads and home made soups, with the occasional jacket potato thrown in for good measure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m 15lbs down since jan 3rd now with weigh in tonight and it’s been a good week. Plan is to keep going and to keep it off long term so building good habits and having plenty heathy convenient food in the house. Added bonus that there’s almost no food waste in the house now which is great.

Also jumped on the keep fit wagon with my third week of boxfit this week. Was back in work for a visit yesterday and got compliments which is nice. And I walked a full 5k yesterday with the buggy for really the first time since my foot surgery two years ago. I’m paying for it this morning but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought

As anticipated, I was up last night but it's grand as I was expecting it. And in the overall course of the month of Feb, I had a good loss so I am happy :)

Back on plan today & looking forward to smashing it! Want to lose 2.5lbs this week so will really have to knuckle down for it as I find it hard to lose more than 1-2lbs in a week!

I've also gotten in touch with a PT guy who I did a few sessions with last year but couldn't keep it up. We've arranged that I'll go two days a week at lunchtime on the days I WFH. So looking forward to starting that on Tuesday :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    Week 1: -2lbs
    Week 2: -4lbs
    Week 3: -2lbs
    Week 4: -3lbs
    Week 5: STS
    Week 6: -1lb
    Week 7: -1lb

Up to 13lbs gone forever since January. And more importantly I haven’t missed one gym session so I’m seeing a massive improvement in my clothes and how they fit too. Delighted I’m staying on track :)

Week 8: -1.5lb

Happy with that as I was sick for most of the week so the gym was out and my steps were way down so this was all diet this week :)

Week 8: -1.5lb

Happy with that as I was sick for most of the week so the gym was out and my steps were way down so this was all diet this week :)

Also it finally means I’ve lost over a stone. 14.5lbs down in total :)

Well done!! :D

Great work. Well done.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Brilliant, keep it going.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Fair play on the weight loss, that's seriously good going!

Wheels have totally fallen off for me over the last couple of weeks. I'm a big emotional eater and if I'm stressed any diet or healthy eating pretty much goes out the window. Both my kids got chest infections, then my Dad ended up in hospital, and then while he was in there my baby ended up getting rushed to Crumlin because she had suspected meningitis (She's fine now, thank God!) And then after all that I got the chest infection.

Had planned to weigh in again on Monday and see what the damage is, but then Tuesday being pancake Tuesday, I figured I may as well hold off til Wednesday. At least with lent coming up, it should hopefully be a bit easier to stay off the junk food. :o

• Advertisement

Feck the weight loss/gain, the important thing that your children are now are okay. And I hope your dad is recovering well.

Mind yourself, and enjoy a load of pancakes on Tuesday!!

^^^^ Very much this.

Posy wrote: »
    Feck the weight loss/gain, the important thing that your children are now are okay. And I hope your dad is recovering well.

Mind yourself, and enjoy a load of pancakes on Tuesday!!

100% spot on.

Oh gosh Toots, that sounds horrendous! Hope all are on the mend now

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks guys! Yes, everyone's on the mend now, thankfully. It wouldn't have been so bad had it all happened at different times, but it was literally all within the space of a couple of days!

I plan on going a bit nuts on Pancake Tuesday. There was a Crepe maker for sale in Lidl this week, so I'm keen to try that out. Will have the frying pan on standby in case it's a disaster :pac:

Got out for a walk this morning, and it was actually really nice, although freezing. I found I've much more energy this morning, whereas for the last while I've had a real slump at about 11/12 o'clock. My watch was congratulating me on going for a cycle, which was a bit confusing, until I realised that obviously walking and pushing a buggy is a similar motion to what it would detect if I was on a bike :pac:

Toots wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Yes, everyone's on the mend now, thankfully. It wouldn't have been so bad had it all happened at different times, but it was literally all within the space of a couple of days!

Good to hear all on the mend. Enjoy the pancakes tomorrow and then back at it Wednesday.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Good to hear all on the mend. Enjoy the pancakes tomorrow.

Also pics of Pancakes are always welcomed :pac:

The crepe maker is sitting in the kitchen calling out to me right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Toots wrote: »
    The crepe maker is sitting in the kitchen calling out to me right now :D

You should try out - just say it’s a quality control test for tomorrow

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    You should try out - just say it’s a quality control test for tomorrow

Excellent idea! And while I'm at it, I really should test the jar of nutella in the press, to make sure it's not poisonous. It's the responsible thing to do ;)

Advertisement