Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI has lost my personal information

Options
  • 04-03-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been on what seems to be a never ending merry go around of a card application.

I have uploaded my personal information (drivers license, passport, PPSN info, bank statements) via their online portal. Since then I have received various messages asking for further documents but it will not let me amend or upload anything. Three calls to direct sales and I have different information from each call, one day i am missing my drivers license, the next it is PPSN info, now my bank statement is not recent enough. Nobody can tell me exactly what documents they have but can 'see' what has been uploaded. I have a genuine concern that some of my personal documents have gone missing.

A quick breakdown is as follows:

Call 1 - yes, thank you for following up, yes I can see everything has been uploaded, I will let the cards teams know that all has been uploaded and they can proceed with the application.
    Text message - your PPSN info is missing
    Call 2 - 25 mins on hold, sorry nobody here can help, im customer services...
    Call 3 - hmm, your driving license is missing according to the computer, but i cant see it
    Text message - upload documents, no specific requirement
    Call 4 - hmm, your bank statement isnt recent enough and your passport looks to be missing but i cant see the file

I have suggested emailing my documents, as requested by a member of the team last week, but today from a call that is no longer/or ever was an option.

I have asked for a call from the cards team, but they dont do customer calls apparently. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I would like to know where my personal information has gone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi brady1984,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Due to the huge response for the new Aer Credit Card our applications are taking longer than we'd like. Please be assured you will be contacted as soon as there is any update on your application.

We'd like to assure you that any documents that have been uploaded are safe and secure as they are not printed. In relation to the statement you provided, can I ask what date they were issued?

Our lending team do take customer calls on 0818200347 and perhaps it's the underwriters that you were advised can't take calls. As they deal with lending decisions they can't have any customer contact.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brady1984

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the response.

Perhaps my initial post was unclear, the issue is with the bank not being able to tell me conclusively what documents they have or do not have, and I am getting a different message every time I speak with someone. I am not given any way to view what has been uploaded as the online portal says it is complete. I cannot amend or view anything. I have uploaded the documents requested but being told at different times that different things are missing.

I do not understand how a document being printed or uploaded is relevant to security. The inconsistency in what I am being told raises questions on the reliability and security of bank systems holding personal information.

I was told today that the cards team do not take calls. 

The statement is from January, covering 3 months, and is the most recent statement available as they are issued quarterly online.

I was told I would get a call back today, but nothing.

If this is what applying for a credit card is like, god help anyone looking for a mortgage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Due to the huge response for the new Aer Credit Card our applications are taking longer than we'd like......
    I'm amazed to be honest about BOI getting a "huge response" when the general consensus on here is that the card offering is a bit 'meh' and isn't really offering a huge lot.  That said, I applied myself, albeit have not got around to cancelling my application yet given the delay (currently on Day 12 and only at Stage 2 of 4 !!!).

BOI should not be advertising 24 hour turnaround when they clearly can't meet this target in any way, shape or form.  And a search on Boards over the last couple of years suggests this is nothing new.  Please change your timeline on the Aer Card application page.  Perhaps "we'd like to process in 24 hours, but current time frames are 24 days"!

(I don't need the response that you will pass on the feedback, but I don't see much proof on here that feedback passed on ever leads to change tbh). Not blaming you guys but I wouldn't be convinced that there is anyone actively paying attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi brady1984

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear of your recent experience with the application.

Could you send us in a private message please? We'd like to ask for further info as the statement from January would have been recent enough for the application.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement