Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign language schools in town?

Options
  • 03-03-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Alright lads,

I'm just chancing my arm here, but does anyone know any language schools in Waterford City or surrounding area?
    I'm hoping to learn Swedish as a beginner but I haven't heard of anyone that teaches it in the town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Language school, yes: http://love2learn.ie

Pretty sure they don’t do Swedish though. Why don’t you download Duolingo and do their Swedish course for the basics, then see if you can find a native speaker to practice with once you’re up to speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

fricatus wrote: »
    Language school, yes: http://love2learn.ie

Pretty sure they don’t do Swedish though. Why don’t you download Duolingo and do their Swedish course for the basics, then see if you can find a native speaker to practice with once you’re up to speed?

I was hoping to see someone face to face but this isn't a bad idea either in fairness.
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I'd say you'd have to go somewhere like Cork or Dublin to learn Swedish (class setting). There's only around 10 million people speakers of the language and Swedes are few and far between in Ireland.

Duolingo is handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Just a brief update in case anyway is in a similar situation to me.

I went on to use a website called iTalki, any kind of language you want to learn is available with teachers over Skype. More or less the same as sitting down face-to-face with someone.
    I started learning about 5 weeks now and I've been making good progress. The lessons along with Duolingo make a good combo. :)

Thanks once again to fricatus and friendlyfun.

Advertisement