Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mariah Carey - First EVER Irish concert! May 22nd in 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

Pretty sure she has played here many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

€80 to watch her mime her way unenthusiastically through a set and hope she doesn't throw a tantrum...........

Tempting but no....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will she sing the Xmas song?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TazCon

Apart from the EMA awards of heartbreaker remix.. she has never performed here before. She’s a living legend up there with MJ, Whitney etc. You can say what you want but you cannot deny the talent as a singer / songwriter! 🙌ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

TazCon wrote: »
    Apart from the EMA awards of heartbreaker remix.. she has never performed here before. She’s a living legend up there with MJ, Whitney etc. You can say what you want but you cannot deny the talent as a singer / songwriter! ��ðŸ¼

I stand corrected, you are right. I could have sworn she has been here about a half dozen times before.

• Advertisement

corm500 wrote: »
    I stand corrected, you are right. I could have sworn she has been here about a half dozen times before.

I know it’s crazy! Loads of people think she has but she has never which is surprising because of her Irish heritage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NIMAN wrote: »
    Will she sing the Xmas song?
    unlikely
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/mariah-carey-2bd6bc4a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Tix for this seem quite reasonable with the best seats (Block A etc) at €78.50.

Am I missing something?

Tix for this seem quite reasonable with the best seats (Block A etc) at €78.50.

Am I missing something?
    might be cautious

thought they would be nearly twice that price for the best

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/mariah-careys-uk-concert-dates-13707624

8 DEC 2018
    Mariah Carey fills the airwaves at this time of year – but she’s not filling arenas, with thousands of tickets for her UK gigs this week still up for grabs.

The 48-year-old singer plays Nottingham, Leeds and London as part of her European All I Want For Christmas tour.

But more than half the tickets on Ticketmaster for tomorrow’s concert at the 13,500-capacity First Direct Arena in Leeds were still unsold yesterday.

And there was still availability for Tuesday’s gig at London’s O2, with prices from £23 to £142.

A source said: “It’s been a real struggle.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

rubadub wrote: »
    might be cautious

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/mariah-careys-uk-concert-dates-13707624

That's shocking and surprising if true. How can the Spice Girls allegedly be selling out stadiums and Carey not arenas? Same target demographic and audience age range.

In fairness I didn't see this tour publicised anywhere - wouldn't have known other than this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That's shocking and surprising if true. How can the Spice Girls allegedly be selling out stadiums and Carey not arenas? Same target demographic and audience age range.

In fairness I didn't see this tour publicised anywhere - wouldn't have known other than this thread.

Mariah mimes most of her concerts ,that seems to be the main reason interest seems low .
    She also had a bad reputation for not putting much effort into her gigs and showing up late.

As you said though she has a very good back catalogue and the tickets for her Dublin gig are pretty reasonable compared to other artists , her UK tickets are alot more expensive in comparison.

People are fickle ,the Spice Girls will be miming most of their songs too and the gig is in Croke Park ,possibly the worst music venue in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

rubadub wrote: »
    might be cautious

Her shows don't look that good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Her shows don't look that good.

Also when was the last time she had a massive commercial hit song?

I can’t wait. I actually bought front row tickets! She’s a legend and has an extensive range of hits! There will the golden oldies like hero , we belong together vision of love and my all... and some uptempos like emotions heartbreaker touch my body etc!

I can’t wait. I actually bought front row tickets! She’s a legend and has an extensive range of hits! There will the golden oldies like hero , we belong together vision of love and my all... and some uptempos like emotions heartbreaker touch my body etc!

I can’t wait. I actually bought front row tickets! She’s a legend and has an extensive range of hits! There will the golden oldies like hero , we belong together vision of love and my all... and some uptempos like emotions heartbreaker touch my body fantasy and always be my baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Tickets on sale for €50 now if you are a THREE customer. Codes available through 3Plus app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

She played a corporate gig in the 3Arena last year. She was flown in specially as the after-dinner entertainment...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

TazCon wrote: »

...Mariah?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Doodah7 wrote: »
    She played a corporate gig in the 3Arena last year. She was flown in specially as the after-dinner entertainment...

Was that not xtina??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Was that not xtina??

Yeah pretty sure it was Christina - she played for Allstate Insurance Company in a private 3Arena gig around August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Have a 3plus code going for a discounted Mariah Carey ticket, should anyone want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

She dislikes her Irish heritage after her mother's family disowned her mother for marrying a black man. That being said she must have come round after all these years to finally play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    She dislikes her Irish heritage after her mother's family disowned her mother for marrying a black man. That being said she must have come round after all these years to finally play here.

Jeez that's some reason not to tour somewhere. If we were a more controversial nation to dislike, that'd be a news story in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

If anyone has link for the 50.00e tickets can they let me know? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Any idea what time Mariah is on stage?

unichick wrote: »
    Any idea what time Mariah is on stage?

3arena twitter usually have them up

@MariahCarey stage times announced!

Doors: 6.30pm
    Mariah Carey: 8pm

Please arrive to the venue early and use public transport where possible.

https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

See Leo arranged to have a Rainbow in the sky especially for Mariah's arrival.

That's even more than he did for Kylie. There'll be uproar.

https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/1130504527797530624

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

See Leo arranged to have a Rainbow in the sky especially for Mariah's arrival.

That's even more than he did for Kylie. There'll be uproar.

https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/1130504527797530624

I can see my house from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I attended the show with my wife, and although I'm not really a fan, I really enjoyed it. Great sound and set-list.

It was actually my 2nd time seeing Mariah Carey live. The first being at the Psalms Hotel in Las Vegas in 2009.

Its good to see someone of her calibre while they are still touring.

Advertisement