Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

911 (Pre 89, 964 or 993)

Options
  • 23-02-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a 911 (Pre 89, 964 or 993).

The market in the UK seems to be easing off on prices, however there doesn't seem to be many at all for sale in Ireland.

If anyone knows of anyone selling any of the above models, can you please PM me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a 911 (Pre 89, 964 or 993).

The market in the UK seems to be easing off on prices, however there doesn't seem to be many at all for sale in Ireland.

If anyone knows of anyone selling any of the above models, can you please PM me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    You need to exclude the 993, as they were made in the '90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Seweryn wrote: »
    You need to exclude the 993, as they were made in the '90s.

Apologies, I might not have been clear... a Pre 89 or a 964 or a 993.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Classic car as a company car so you pay low BIK bill? Air cooled 911 are very expensive now and I don't think I would fancy a daily commute in one.

As for cars for sale, ring Ken Bolger (01) 626 9726 he might send you in the right direction

unkel wrote: »
    Classic car as a company car so you pay low BIK bill? Air cooled 911 are very expensive now and I don't think I would fancy a daily commute in one.

As for cars for sale, ring Ken Bolger (01) 626 9726 he might send you in the right direction

Thanks Unkel. Exploring all options at the moment, thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Classic car as a company car so you pay low BIK bill?
    Is that still a runner these days? Interesting as I've had a recent change to self employment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Classic car as a company car so you pay low BIK bill?

I thought a company couldn't buy things like classic cars, art, jewellery etc? Is the BIK not on the original price of the car new so you'd still get hammered on bik.

Is the BIK not on the original price of the car new so you'd still get hammered on bik.

That's the trick. An 80s Porsche was maybe 25k punts when new (about the same as a semi-d house in Lucan)

Drive something interesting and rare for the same BIK as a brand new piece of boredom like a Toyota Auris diesel :D

Yes, as others have mentioned... it's a company car and required asset at the end of the day.

An 1983 SC was £22 PUNTS new. So the BIK is on the EURO equivalent which I think is a little over €30k.

It actually makes more sense to drive a classic than a Toyota Auris IF it suits your driving requirement, because the right classic will appreciate, or certainly won't lose money, so it's actually better management of company funds.

I usually only drive 4-5km a day between offices and client offices... however if you are travelling around Ireland and doing 300KM a week, a more modern car would be a better choice of car.

The company owns the asset, though, right? How you go about ever getting the car into your own name.

Do you have to purchase it from your company (what price) or is it written off over 7 years or something...?

No, the company owns the asset, and when it is sold, the company sells it.

It is never put in your own name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Probably make sense to look at 60's cars, a DB5 was 4k back in the day.

Probably make sense to look at 60's cars, a DB5 was 4k back in the day.

What company gives their staff million euro cars? :p

What company gives their staff million euro cars? :p
    Your own company!

That's what I'm wondering about. If I'm a director of my own company and purchase and run a company car... how do I get my Aston Martin off my company without having to buy it from them at market price?

This is an issue unless you're happy to have it on the company books forever - with the company holding the value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I hope you've deep pockets OP. Those old Porsche 911's cost a lot to keep running. I'd still like one though.

Advertisement