Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wooden Spoon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

If Nucifora and Schmidt went to France..

OMG. That was amazing. Chip from Bastareud, my god.

Scotland defending poor though, they're still in the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Dupont daring Gilchrist to give away the penalty. Gilchrist obliges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

France look like they are finally hitting some form...just in time to face us. Typical.

Welcome back France..true rugby fans have missed you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brunel was the last person in France to realise Dupont needed to start.

Ntamack's kicking. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Scotland have been absolutely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Marengo wrote: »
    Welcome back France..true rugby fans have missed you :)

France find a bit of their mojo just in time for Ireland
    As per flippin usual

• Subscribers Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jouer jouer jouer....

• Advertisement

France find a bit of their mojo just in time for Ireland
    As per flippin usual

They'll be away from home though. But true enough.

Still I grew up watching French flair. Great to watch.

Another stunning kick from Ntamack. A lot to study for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Just explains why Scotland cannot win the 6 nations. They are a disgrace. 1999 is a long time since they won the competition and last time they beat France in Paris. They are like Ireland in 1990s not there to perform but to fill up the numbers. I think their women's team would put on a better show. 2 dreadful teams.

That's the longer term challenge for Ireland in the World Cup. To break the quarter final glass ceiling we'll have to deal with resurgent teams with tradition.

Teams who have won WCs like SA, teams who have made 3 finals, like France. Teams who have made semis, 1987 and 2011, Wales.

We have the worst record of the 6 Nations in WCs bar Italy.

They'll be away from home though. But true enough.

Still I grew up watching French flair. Great to watch.

I’m loving the Toulouse trio
    Would have been nice to see it in Twickenham

Barabbas Lecturing Ramos on positioning!!!

Amprodude wrote: »
    Just explains why Scotland cannot win the 6 nations. They are a disgrace. 1999 is a long time since they won the competition and last time they beat France in Paris. They are like Ireland in 1990s not there to perform but to fill up the numbers.

On the other hand, they are missing a bunch of players. Ireland would be in trouble in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Barabbas Lecturing Ramos on positioning!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Huget having a whinge about someone else not covering the backfield after his display last week. What an absolute joke of a player ....

That's the longer term challenge for Ireland in the World Cup. To break the quarter final glass ceiling we'll have to deal with resurgent teams with tradition.

Teams who have won WCs like SA, teams who have made 3 finals, like France. Teams who have made semis, 1987 and 2011, Wales.

We have the worst record of the 6 Nations in WCs bar Italy.

I think that will eventually change and we might see it this world Cup that they get to semi final stage. England game was the best thing to happen to Ireland this year. Its a reality check and make them believe that they still have work to do.

Scotland's missed tackles stat at the end of this game is gonna be so embarrassing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... and then Huget blows a clear try scoring opportunity. Hope Ramos reams him out of it for that.

Scotland are so lazy from a tackling standpoint. Guilty of ball watching so often that leads to linebreaks

I think Scotland are making France look alot better than they actually are. The missed tackles by them is something astromical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Frances inability to score from anything but quick breaks is incredible.
    They're worse when playing with structure.

mangobob wrote: »
    :D:D

Copyright to yer man on Blood & Mud pod

I think that will eventually change and we might see it this world Cup that they get to semi final stage. England game was the best thing to happen to Ireland this year. Its a reality check and make them believe that they still have work to do.

While it was a reality check it knocked confidence too.

Hope we get it back. It's a thin line between complacency and lacking confidence.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just explains why Scotland cannot win the 6 nations. They are a disgrace. 1999 is a long time since they won the competition and last time they beat France in Paris. They are like Ireland in 1990s not there to perform but to fill up the numbers. I think their women's team would put on a better show. 2 dreadful teams.

What's dreadful about France today? A few wasted opportunities and some poor handling errors aside.

Mad game. Only way to describe it:

dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, amazing dross, dross, dross...

Griggs size might be ok to shine at pro 14, bit I don't think he's big enough for test level.... He's spent more minutes today on his back than a cheap hooker

• Advertisement

Ntamack an embarrassment there

Advertisement