Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHVRCHES Olympia Theatre February 21st & 22nd 2019

Options
  • 20-07-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Added a 2nd date which is strange as the first one hasn't sold out yet. Least Friday is more convenient than Thursday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

As pointed out it didn't sell out so the plan was likely always to have the second date.. just presented this way to shift Thursady as it would be a harder sell. Hella cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Toast wrote: »
    As pointed out it didn't sell out so the plan was likely always to have the second date.. just presented this way to shift Thursady as it would be a harder sell. Hella cheeky.

That's true. I'm not complaining though. I always prefer a Friday and that's the night I'm going. So it has worked out for the best 😊

Am slighty tempted to pick up a ticket for this, but the new album is a bit of a dud on first listen. On a first listen it sounded like a collection of tunes that weren't good enough to be on either of the first two. albums, and were kept in storage until the time to release a new album arrived. =/ The only one that grabbed me was the one with Matt Berninger featured, and I assume he's not going to be on the tour with them!

Approximate stage times on the Olympia website.

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/chvrches/

Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, support from Let's Eat Grandma around 8pm, with CHVRCHES due on stage about 9pm. We expect the show to be over around 10.30pm/10.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kev217

Just home from the gig (21st Feb) thought they were great, lauren's voice was fantastic live, actually the band in general sounded great. Setlist was decent, I find the latest album the weakest of the three but live it all sounded very good.

I was in the circle, near the front row so had a great view. There was a couple in front of me who were on their phones the entire gig, I don't get why you'd go to a gig to not actually you know....enjoy the gig.

Anyway, anyone going tonight (22nd) is in for a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah was there too and it was really great, sound bit dodgy at the start but they fixed it. Her voice is studio good. Really strong start and last hour. Loved it. No idea what they were saying during the talking a lot of the time, a mixture between the sound and their accent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was at gig last night, front row in circle, I thought they were fantastic...the lead singer is so charismatic!
    much better live than on the albums I thought, the stage was cool as well.
    I dont think they played empty threat? which i was disappointed with. But apart from that brill and an excellent atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Kev217 wrote: »
    Just home from the gig (21st Feb) thought they were great, lauren's voice was fantastic live, actually the band in general sounded great. Setlist was decent, I find the latest album the weakest of the three but live it all sounded very good.

I was in the circle, near the front row so had a great view. There was a couple in front of me who were on their phones the entire gig, I don't get why you'd go to a gig to not actually you know....enjoy the gig.

Anyway, anyone going tonight (22nd) is in for a good time.
    Were you over on the left hand side by any chance? Think I may have been behind the same couple. Great show though!

Amazing gig tonight. CHVRCHES really know how to bring the right energy to the table. Lauren Mayberry has some pipes tbh. Probably the best vocal performance I've witnessed yet.

Really good setlist. 10/10 would go again. 😊
    Glad they played Tether from the debut album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

How were Let's Eat Grandma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Musically they were excellent and they were having a blast. A few unnecessary dance routines that looked a bit 8 year old kid in the playground, but the music was really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Musically they were excellent and they were having a blast. A few unnecessary dance routines that looked a bit 8 year old kid in the playground, but the music was really enjoyable.

The SO said they looked like they were at a school play a couple of times which mirrors your thoughts. The recorder didn't help. It was hilarious when one went for a run out the front of the stage and needed help getting back up. I loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bizarre, I thought they were fun.

Bizarre but really entertaining. Best support act I've seen yet. Mainly cuz I found them hilarious 😂

Advertisement