Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have finally finished a book that I had been reading for months. It's not that I wasn't enjoying it or didn't want to read but I kept completely losing my reading mojo, totally unable to relax and concentrate on it. It was really bothering me as I have rarely been without a book on the go since I was a small child. I had a bit of time this morning, so I made a pot of tea and sat and finished it. Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have finally finished a book that I had been reading for months. It's not that I wasn't enjoying it or didn't want to read but I kept completely reading my reading mojo, totally unable to relax and concentrate on it. It was really bothering me as I have rarely been without a book on the go since I was a small child. I had a bit of time this morning, so I made a pot of tea and sat and finished it. Delighted :)

Glad you got your mojo back Rubberlegs , it's horrible when it happens and when you're used to always enjoying books :)

TH , had a picnic on the kitchen floor with granddaughter .
    The picnic consisted of oranges , nothing else :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My dog curiously watching me working on the car.
    He'd help if he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I’ve managed to settle into the routine of college/commuting/working

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Aldi shopping on Sunday, the weekly food shop.

Putting the items through the queue my wife asks me to guess how much.
    I take a quick look over what's there and say "€66.56?".

"So that'll be €66.56...cash or card?"

:eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

What a beautiful day :) Spring has sprung :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Home a little bit earlier than usual today. Managed to sneak in without the cat noticing so having a little relax all on my own before she realises I’m home and starts demanding food

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Home a little bit earlier than usual today. Managed to sneak in without the cat noticing so having a little relax all on my own before she realises I’m home and starts demanding food

Does she not demand some cuddles off you when you come in at all? just food? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Does she not demand some cuddles off you when you come in at all? just food? :pac:

A bit of both, but food is first, cuddles later, she’s got her priorities :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    A bit of both, but food is first, cuddles later, she’s got her priorities :pac:

Brilliant 😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tired. But a happy tired, from a good day of getting things done,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

3 training sessions in a week boom 💥 🥊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

lbc2019 wrote: »
    3 training sessions in a week boom 💥 🥊

Rocky Balboa :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Playing football this morning and only two days to go til my holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Waking up at home after a midterm holiday to find my son is up before me and has already won a few games of Fortnite.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Unexpected kind pms from people I wouldn’t usually interact with

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Me and Mrs. Bap were watching TV last night and the little cuddly cat who normally chills with me hopped up onto her lap and panned out for a sleep. I was well jealous.

After a few minutes that cat got up and f*cked off to wherever cats go.
    Mrs. Bap went to bed, and I ended up nodding off on the couch.
    Woke up to a purrrrrrring and little cat had cuddled up beside me and was settling in for the night. :)

This is going to be a weird one, cycled to work today, first time this year and there are some muscles awake that have been dormant for a while! The pain!!!! But I love it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

A good nights sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I've lost 9.3kg or 1 stone 6lbs :D

Out for dinner this evening and there will be wine flowing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The weekend is nearly here thankfully

• Advertisement

Visiting my nephew today :3

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Me and Mrs. Bap were watching TV last night and the little cuddly cat who normally chills with me hopped up onto her lap and panned out for a sleep. I was well jealous.

After a few minutes that cat got up and f*cked off to wherever cats go.
    Mrs. Bap went to bed, and I ended up nodding off on the couch.
    Woke up to a purrrrrrring and little cat had cuddlet!

You're one lucky guy :3 is it two you have?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You're one lucky guy :3 is it two you have?
    Yup, the other cat is only using us for food these days though, he's being a bit of a pr*ck.

Receiving a delivery I had forgotten about :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Receiving a delivery I had forgotten about :D

Watcha get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finding a huge thread of messages in my WhatsApp that I thought I’d deleted but actually archived

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I've lost 9.3kg or 1 stone 6lbs :D

Out for dinner this evening and there will be wine flowing :)
    Oh well done! It's not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Granddaughter age 5 singing along to The Greatest Showman ! She absolutely loves it and can belt out " A Million Dreams " .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Just been talking to Daragh O'Malley about comicon :D

• Advertisement

Watcha get?

A green sparkly bodysuit!

TH, the gym was back to its usual level of toughness today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement