Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running the distance on plan without including walking periods

Options
  • 15-02-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I usually do my long runs in the mountains on weekends. This means walking most of the uphills at the moment. I'd still like to be able to run the distance on my plan without including the distance at walking pace. I don't want to be stopping and resuming manually all the time on my watch.

Does anyone know if this can be set up on the watch (Garmin Forerunner 35) in advance, something like customising the auto-stop for a certain pace? Run/walk more wouldn't work because the distances are not set. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

inigo wrote: »
    I usually do my long runs in the mountains on weekends. This means walking most of the uphills at the moment. I'd still like to be able to run the distance on my plan without including the distance at walking pace. I don't want to be stopping and resuming manually all the time on my watch.

Does anyone know if this can be set up on the watch (Garmin Forerunner 35) in advance, something like customising the auto-stop for a certain pace? Run/walk more wouldn't work because the distances are not set. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

I know it’s not the point, but you still should consider that walking some uphills is still hard work and making you tired, but most of all contributing well to your overall plan. I don’t have that same watch, but on mine I would need to hit the lap button to record different phases of the workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Not sure what watch you have but on the Garmin 935 that I have , it is possible...
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner935/EN-US/GUID-FFC7856F-65F9-4B3C-93E4-8348CA65E6CF.html
    Hold https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner935/Shared/GUID-895B7862-83CD-4445-AFA8-B634EB990258-high.svg
    Select Settings > Activities & Apps.
    Select an activity.
    NOTE: This feature is not available for all activities.
    Select the activity settings.
    Select Auto Pause.
    Select an option:
    To pause the timer automatically when you stop moving, select When Stopped.

To pause the timer automatically when your pace or speed drops below a specified level, select Custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks for the replies. I know about the effort going uphill (I can feel it!). Just wondering if it was possible. My watch only has on/off for auto pause unfortunately.

Advertisement