Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glassware at wineries?

• 18-02-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

For the last several years my gf and I have been visiting breweries, close to 100

so far, and at each one we buy a glass with the breweries logo and have them all displayed. We are thinking about taking a trip to Napa to visit some wineries and I’m wondering if wineries sell logo glasses like breweries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

did a few wineries in South Africa and they all had the glass etched with logo. usually free with the price of the tasting. presume it would be similar in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Visited https://www.malibuwines.com/ in California. They had branded glasses you could buy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I don't really see the point of branded wine glasses. Beer glasses tend to be different shapes and sizes. Obviously a lot of it is marketing but there are some beer styles that suit certain glassware. For wines it's a lot more simple though with much less variation needed, and if you start collecting glasses you end up with a cupboard of very similar ones. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Every winery will have their own branded merchandise and a gift shop. Of course they do, why wouldn't they? Visiting Napa or Sonoma valley is a huge tourist business with buses carting people in. You can rent a bike, which is great fun, but you'll ride on fast traffic roads and the bike lanes aren't that very wide so you can't afford too much swerving!

Advertisement