Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awww .... my heart bleeds for them.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

mad muffin wrote: »
    The church has Billions…

I don’t think so, not liquid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If only Church was some rich organization with properties and funds all over the world... Then they wouldn't need to rely on donations....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These are the accounts for my local church! If anybody is interested.
    51942473_2314308371935710_951835482315030528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e5e380fb23fa3d8bcd1410ce5dab783a&oe=5CDB09EA

“Peters pence” €1600.00:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

This. But fixed your post a little.
    klaaaz wrote: »
    An optional church tax on the faithful like in other countries would sort out their mess, it'll expel the fake Catholics. Only thing is there would be less people than ever attending their mass as money talks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well there's plenty money and wealth in the Vactican so that should take care of that.

Feel sorry for the many good priests that are out there though who believe in their calling and want to do right by their parish.

Always felt it unfair to label every priest as scum or dodge.

Sorry, don't agree with this.

I have no sympathy for anything church related. They have sinned too much to get any sympathy any more.

As for the above statement, I feel sorry for 'good' priests, but only because they continue to believe in an imaginary man who is watching over them and to whom they must dedicate their entire life. Such a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Thanks, that IS interesting!

Do they give out a copy of these to patrons, or did you acquire them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

mad muffin wrote: »
    The church has Billions…

That money's just resting in their account

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Do they give out a copy of these to patrons, or did you acquire them?

If that's reffered to me.
    They come out every year. They are either with the news letter in the church or the person doing the stations gives them to you.(My parents generally get them).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Scientologists will take over.....

• Advertisement

Scientologists will take over.....

Well their supreme leader is probably as valid as the Catholic churches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So there isn't money to pay the priests

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/diocese-had-no-money-at-christmas-to-pay-priests-wages-after-decline-in-donations-from-parishioners-37826752.html

What a shame.

That's what happens when you commit terrible crimes, cover them up, and expect the sheep to let you away with it.

Thankfully, Ireland is finally waking up to the Catholic Church.

Yes thankfully, unfortunately it seems to be cosying up to a worse religious regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In my children's lifetime I hope there is no religion in Ireland or the civilized world.

Indoctrination of an ideolgy through fear is not something the world today should condone or celebrate.

The end is nigh for the Catholic Church in Ireland at least just a pity I probably won't get to see it.

rob316 wrote: »
    In my children's lifetime I hope there is no religion in Ireland or the civilized world.

Indoctrination of an ideolgy through fear is not something the world today should condone or celebrate.

The end is nigh for the Catholic Church in Ireland at least just a pity I probably won't get to see it.

RCC will end.
    Unfortunately your hope that there will be no religion in Ireland or the civilized world is a false one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

RCC will end.
    Unfortunately your hope that there will be no religion in Ireland or the civilized world is a false one.

The end of Catholicism I'll take so.

Divorce, gay marriage, abortion. The church's last stand in Ireland is their control over state schools. Once that is given back to the state the decline will be rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

endacl wrote: »
    PrayPal

PaPal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

51942473_2314308371935710_951835482315030528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e5e380fb23fa3d8bcd1410ce5dab783a&oe=5CDB09EA

Interesting that Mitchelstown parish gave Cobh 4k for organ repairs. Didnt think they would support other parishes like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

They should go on strike, no confession for a week. That'd show em

rob316 wrote: »
    The end of Catholicism I'll take so.

Divorce, gay marriage, abortion. The church's last stand in Ireland is their control over state schools. Once that is given back to the state the decline will be rapid.

Just wait till your granddaughters will have to wear binbags over their heads...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Amazing how all the collections add up to even numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Time for the church to downsize. There are still going to be those who attend mass and give financial support but with faith in decline and a lack of priests maybe it's time to sell church land and consolidate. Do we really need a church in every village?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Amazing how all the collections add up to even numbers

I'd assume they have money sorting machines and submit coins in logical amounts to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

One thing I discovered long ago. The lord loves the old cash

"Consider the lilies of the field, they neither reap nor sow, but damn folks I need the readies"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

syboit wrote: »
    Interesting that Mitchelstown parish gave Cobh 4k for organ repairs. Didnt think they would support other parishes like that.

Wasn’t all cash though, if you dig deeper you will see 1200 of that was in sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

This. But fixed your post a little.

Why "An optional church tax" , it should be compulsory for all their followers. If you follow that religion, you pay your religious tax to help support your religion. Just like in Germany and other countries and then priests wouldn't have to beg for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

our local priest, in the job about 3 years, has managed to alienate a lot of folks, in what was already a small parish. in the last few weeks, he has managed to bring down 2 parish councils (our parish and the next one over) with his sheer pigheadedness. the bishop has backed him, (probably as its so hard to get a parish priest) but you can be sure that what ever donation they were getting before, will be way down in the future.

also, if they are stuck for money, they can sell a few of the priest houses, as there aint nobody living in them anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

So there isn't money to pay the priests

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/diocese-had-no-money-at-christmas-to-pay-priests-wages-after-decline-in-donations-from-parishioners-37826752.html

What a shame.

That's what happens when you commit terrible crimes, cover them up, and expect the sheep to let you away with it.

Thankfully, Ireland is finally waking up to the Catholic Church.

Imagine if we started treating every high level criminal this way. The world would be so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cgcsb wrote: »
    They should go on strike, no confession for a week. That'd show em

Let us know how you feel when your granny's funeral is delayed by a fortnight 'cos no priest is available until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Let us know how you feel when your granny's funeral is delayed by a fortnight 'cos no priest is available until then.

I hope My Granny's Funeral is delayed a lot longer...... shes not dead yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Humanist funerals becoming popular no need for the church

Advertisement