Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Therapy? Irish tour

• 12-02-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭

I'm going to see them in the Nerve Centre in Derry supported by local fellas The Wood Burning Savages :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭mgkelly

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork for me. Few pints on a Saturday, a good gig...will keep me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Here are all the Irish concert dates

WED - Mar 20, 2019
    Nerve Centre (w/Wood Burning Savages) Derry, Northern Ireland
    THU - Mar 21, 2019
    Roisin Dubh Galway, Ireland
    FRI - Mar 22, 2019
    MORE INFO
    Dolans Limerick, Ireland
    SAT - Mar 23, 2019
    Cyprus Avenue Cork, Ireland
    SUN - Mar 24, 2019
    Spirit Store Dundalk, Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Peter File wrote: »

WED - Mar 20, 2019
    THU - Mar 21, 2019
    FRI - Mar 22, 2019
    MORE INFO
    Dolans Limerick, Ireland
    SAT - Mar 23, 2019
    SUN - Mar 24, 2019

As far as I know, TWBS are supporting for the whole tour, not just the Derry date.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Penfailed wrote: »
    Peter File wrote: »

WED - Mar 20, 2019
    THU - Mar 21, 2019
    FRI - Mar 22, 2019
    MORE INFO
    Dolans Limerick, Ireland
    SAT - Mar 23, 2019
    SUN - Mar 24, 2019

As far as I know, TWBS are supporting for the whole tour, not just the Derry date.
    Yes, they are supporting them on all shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

no Dublin show ??

s8n wrote: »
    no Dublin show ??

Did they do one last year? Or else have something else lined up possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Did they do one last year? Or else have something else lined up possibly

They did supporting the Stranglers.

Strange, I'll go with them having something lined up

s8n wrote: »
    no Dublin show ??

I think it's more surprising that they're not playing Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Surely they are nailed on to be added to the Slane line up??

Surely they are nailed on to be added to the Slane line up??

I'd certainly have thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Added to Tipp Classical in September.
    A whopping 160 per ticket.
    I'd guess they won't be in slane so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Absolute greed in this country is alive and well.

What effect would that have on whether or not they'd be on the Slane line up?

What effect would that have on whether or not they'd be on the Slane line up?

Well I'm neither a marketing guru nor legal eagle but if I was organising a gig at 160 a pop and one of my main attractions on the bill was out at a rivals festival and god knows how many other shows, I'd be concerned about it impacting potential numbers at my show. I wouldn't be surprised if cwb or tippclassical had them sign some sort of exclusive rights contract. Of course, I could be wrong...

First gig of the tour tonight! Really looking forward to it :)
    Well I'm neither a marketing guru nor legal eagle but if I was organising a gig at 160 a pop and one of my main attractions on the bill was out at a rivals festival and god knows how many other shows, I'd be concerned about it impacting potential numbers at my show. I wouldn't be surprised if cwb or tippclassical had them sign some sort of exclusive rights contract. Of course, I could be wrong...

Yeah, you're wrong. Therapy? approached the promoters for Slane requesting a slot but were turned down. They stated this on an Instagram post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Going to see them tomorrow night in Galway. Hopefully it'll be absolutely killer.

Derry was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Derry was brilliant!
    What a setlist! Roadtripping to Cork for Saturday night. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Very much looking forward to tomorrow evening now

Last night was excellent. Same set list as Derry with "Breaking the law" and buzzcocks "Ever fallen in love" thrown in. Also, twas Neil's birthday so a bit of fun and a drum solo to mark it.

Met the band afterwards and has a laugh before getting a few snaps with them and a few personalised messages on my second copy of Cleave.

Yeah, the band were great last night. Plenty of energy and obvious enthusiasm about what they do. They gave it socks for a good two hours. Thought the crowd could have been a bit livelier considering, but can't fault the band.

Last night was excellent. Same set list as Derry with "Breaking the law" and buzzcocks "Ever fallen in love" thrown in. Also, twas Neil's birthday so a bit of fun and a drum solo to mark it.

Met the band afterwards and has a laugh before getting a few snaps with them and a few personalised messages on my second copy of Cleave.

They played snippets of Breaking the Law and Buzzcocks in Derry too...and...strangely, it was Neil's birthday that night too...with accompanying drum solo!

They played snippets of Breaking the Law and Buzzcocks in Derry too...and...strangely, it was Neil's birthday that night too...with accompanying drum solo!

I got the feeling that it might be Neil's birthday every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

May try and go to Cork 2moz.

Wiki tells me that it's the 1st August.
    That's pretty funny.

Advertisement