Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 arena: drop off/pickup

Options
  • 12-02-2019 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

hi lads and lassies
    (or whatever you identify with, better be P.C.!!)

my (young) son is going to post malone on thursday and ill be taxi-dad,

Ive never driven there in my life, any tips?
    I dont want him walking far or hanging around too much
    he's not very street-wise and his cousin is with him
    so i feel responsible for her too

is there a drop off zone? what about meeting him afterwards?
    is the road up the quays to the venue a car park after gigs?
    any wisdom welcome

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It'll be busy yeah and you may be moved on. Best place to meet him is probably York Road/Thorncastle St across the East Link bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

East Wall Road is usually clear enough too. Check the set list and get him to text you when the last few songs are on so you can be waiting there for him as it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

don't pull up outside. It's going to be busy enough with parents dropping off that people getting home from work will be delayed. This is always made worse by people dropping off and stopping right outside. I've seen traffic backed up as far as booterstown when "young" (or "old) artists are playing in the point.

As suggested, East Wall road, Sherriff Street Upper or Thorncastle Street/York Road on the other side of the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

thanks all

ive just to do the pickup as it transpires
    I think ill shoot for the east wall road option and see how it goes

cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement