Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone Feb 2016

Options
  • 14-07-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Just after seeing that he's playing in Dublin next year again.

Tickets went on sale a week ago...are there many left?

For some annoying reason Ticjketmaster site won't come up for me tonight:(

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would love to go to this. Are tickets generally this expensive for composers?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Still seats available in all the price ranges and some good seats in the front middle blocks. He's well worth the money in my opinion, I can't wait to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Still seats available in all the price ranges and some good seats in the front middle blocks. He's well worth the money in my opinion, I can't wait to see him again.

Thanks ....if you were picking a block to go for of what's left on the 108 euro range where would you go for?...and would you go for flat or tiered seating?

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thanks ....if you were picking a block to go for of what's left on the 108 euro range where would you go for?....

A stiff gin and ask someone to smack me across the face.

Scandalous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

They are v expensive tickets alright but the man is a master at his trade.....and hopefully he's still with us next February;)....got tickets booked there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Brandon F

Any idea is there a dress code for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Spandex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are v expensive tickets alright but the man is a master at his trade.....and hopefully he's still with us next February;)....got tickets booked there .

The tickets are a rip off .
    Tickets in the 3arena are 93-163 euro ,in Amsterdam its 38-96 euro ,so in effect the most expensive ticket there is around the same as the cheapest here.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Spandex

That's a yes to my question then? Should be hard to find on short notice, not sure Mr Morricone would appreciate me in spandex at his age!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Bump, anyone else going couldn't make it the last time, looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

patmac wrote: »
    Bump, anyone else going couldn't make it the last time, looking forward to this.

Would love to but at 140 quid a ticket they can fcuk right off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was at the gig last year in 3Arean. The prices are some rip-off. I pleasantly enjoyed the show. But nothing entertaining enough to justify the €125 I spent on the ticket - or even half that price. He has put together some beautiful music which is lovely to listen to, but I thought the show was quite boring at times. And then to rub it in, the encore consisted of 2 songs that were played already. I don't expect the guy to be doing handstands across the stage, but use a bit of imagination. The gig felt like gig in a shed. Maybe bring out Clint Eastwood during The Good, The Bad and the Ugly!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Going tonight really looking forward to it. Got front row seats too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Maybe its the way tickets are sold here, or maybe it is the company that is selling them....BUT, it can work out cheaper to fly somewhere with Ryanair and catch a gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The Nal wrote: »
    Would love to but at 140 quid a ticket they can fcuk right off

Was very tempted myself, but the price put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Ticketmaster Ireland
    53 mins ·
    Important information for those attending Ennio Morricone this evening:
    Doors 6.30pm
    Show 8pm Sharp
    Please allow plenty of time to get to the venue as traffic in the area will be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

how was the show?

how was the show?

Exceptional. Well worth the money. Something ticked off the bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

how was the show?

Show was amazing. Definitely one ticked off the bucket list.

Front row seats were great as we got to hear the music almost in person rather than out of the huge speakers etc. However we were a little too close as we could not see the full orchestra or choir as the stage was pretty high. Other than that we were first in first out with no queues to the bar or toilets which was great.

Anyone know the details of the orchestra and choir and soloist? How many were in the orchestra and choir? The girl on the flute was excellent as was the soprano.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Brandon F wrote: »
    Exceptional. Well worth the money. Something ticked off the bucket list.

Yeah couldn't agree more, even when the wrong names of songs were put on the screen, the first half hour after the interval where he played stuff I'd never heard before, just shows the repertoire the man has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

For anyone interested, Ennio Morricone tickets for tomorrow night are now onsale on ticketbastard for €49. Unreal value!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

roll wrote: »
    For anyone interested, Ennio Morricone tickets for tomorrow night are now onsale on ticketbastard for €49. Unreal value!

Bear-in-mind it's his music but he won't be there. It's not like the 2016 one

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Discussing his current tour, Morricone said: “I feel privileged and excited to celebrate my 90th birthday in such a great state of health. It is a blessing to still be conducting my concerts in all the beautiful European cities and I am grateful for the generosity that my audiences continue to show”.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭corm500

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bear-in-mind it's his music but he won't be there. It's not like the 2016 one

Ennio will be there, conducting the orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

That's amazing value - thanks for posting. A few friends will be coming along now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

Thanks a million, great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Also got a ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Anyone have any idea how long this will go on for? I'm assuming till 10 or 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Anyone have any idea how long this will go on for? I'm assuming till 10 or 11?

Yes. He'll start at 8:00 and there'll be an interval. I doubt it'll finish any earlier than 10:30.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Brilliant crowd tonight. A standing ovation before the intermission!

Advertisement