Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renville village

Options
  • 01-02-2019 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of living here - either as tenant or owner-occupier.

Was interested in living here. On the face of it, the homes seem lovely and the location is great (albeit a bit secluded).

However, many houses - I mean, a disproportionately large amount for the size of the development - keep appearing on sale. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this - poor build quality, secluded location leading to break-ins or thefts, investors looking to sell off??

Comments

KylieWyley wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience of living here - either as tenant or owner-occupier.

Was interested in living here. On the face of it, the homes seem lovely and the location is great (albeit a bit secluded).

However, many houses - I mean, a disproportionately large amount for the size of the development - keep appearing on sale. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this - poor build quality, secluded location leading to break-ins or thefts, investors looking to sell off??

Ask the sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Originally they were supposedly hard to keep warm in winter.

Some have been upgraded from storage heating to OFCH (Not sure if this helped)

Best to talk to someone who has lived there i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Ask the sellers

Insightful. Thanks.

Triangle wrote: »
    Originally they were supposedly hard to keep warm in winter.

Some have been upgraded from storage heating to OFCH (Not sure if this helped)

Best to talk to someone who has lived there i suppose.

Insulation can be relatively easily upgraded so I'm not sure that alone would merit selling up? Certainly not the numbers I've seen over the past year.

Yes, asking for previous/current owner/occupiers experiences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

There's a real holiday home look to the place. No privacy around the houses. Originally built for golfers I suspect. Heating supposed to be a big problem. They also look awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Havent lived there but see all the ads on daft for them all the time. To me it looks like maybe it is a space issue perhaps there is no privacy around the houses. Seems to me they are more holiday homes than live in homes..I wonder too with it being close to the park is there a bit of trouble

Milly33 wrote: »
    Havent lived there but see all the ads on daft for them all the time. To me it looks like maybe it is a space issue perhaps there is no privacy around the houses. Seems to me they are more holiday homes than live in homes..I wonder too with it being close to the park is there a bit of trouble

I was thinking the same thing alright. It's maybe a bit isolated at night?

The reason I ask is sale prices tend to be on the lower end of the market. Yes, it has a holiday village vibe but it's a lovely location. Have anyways loved the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id say not isolated as there is a bit around it but tis just the woods area I see loads of people skipping through to the houses... Surely there is someone on here who has lived in one, they are always up for rent

Advertisement