Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rewatching all seasons before Season 8 arrives...

• 12-02-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

I subscribed to HBO for the next couple of months. I am currently going through Season 1, almost finished. Such a pleasure watching this again. I had forgotten so much. Love watching Syrio teaching Arya, Enjoying Iain Glen´s scenes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair play to you, couldn't be assed doing that.

I'm going to watch the last 2 episodes of Season 7, that'll do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

This is something I do for things like breaking bad, game of thrones etc. How anybody remembers what happened in episode 3 season 2 six years later is beyond me.
    I couldn't even tell you the final scene in the last season anymore.
    Binge watch incoming:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

First meeting Bronn, seeing that kid breastfeeding..... that was a wonderfully surprising episode... (episode 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

We're in the middle of a re-watch atm too. Next up for us is S04E08: The Mountain and the Viper

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

First meeting Bronn, seeing that kid breastfeeding..... that was a wonderfully surprising episode... (episode 5)

LYSA: "You fight with no honour"

BRONN: "He did"!

Rewatching myself, loving it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I subscribed to HBO for the next couple of months. I am currently going through Season 1, almost finished. Such a pleasure watching this again. I had forgotten so much. Love watching Syrio teaching Arya, Enjoying Iain Glen´s scenes.

How do you subscribe to HBO in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Sleepy wrote: »
    We're in the middle of a re-watch atm too. Next up for us is S04E08: The Mountain and the Viper

Got to that one two nights ago, had genuinely forgotten how disgustingly gory that scene was, I think I may have shut my eyes for it the first time!

Watched the battle at the wall last night, for some reason it didn't affect me the way it did first time round, I think I wasn't paying it enough attention last night, I've gotten so bad for checking my phone etc. during the rewatches as I regard them as a catch up rather than properly concentrating on them the way I would on a first-time watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

For the amount of time I can devote to TV viewing these days, it would take an age to go through the whole lot again. I'll give season 7 a re-watch though, some that was epic. NowTV is on 2.1 sound though so I may have to find some alternative copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

There is a very important, short scene in S1 involving Arya, a cat and a dragon skull. I only happened on it at the weekend but it will come to fruition in S8.

Don't want to spoil it for you, or others, but go back and watch it and listen S1 ep5. Oh, the intrigue!

Defunkd wrote: »
    There is a very important, short scene in S1 involving Arya, a cat and a dragon skull. I only happened on it at the weekend but it will come to fruition in S8.

Don't want to spoil it for you, or others, but go back and watch it and listen S1 ep5. Oh, the intrigue!

Has it not already come to fruition?

Its Varys and Illryio plotting against the throne - that King Robert was on at the time. The Baratheons are now gone. During the conversation that Arya overhears it is clear that Illryio is a Targaryen supporter. So too is Vary, now. And Illryio supported Tyrion when he left Westeros.

So no ones intentions are hidden anymore.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    How do you subscribe to HBO in Ireland?

I live in Madrid, I subscribe to HBO España... is HBO not available in Ireland?

https://www.finder.com/ie/internet-tv/hbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Its the only series I have paid for all episodes to have my own collection to re-watch when I want.
    The rewatch was completed after the trailer came out.

I live in Madrid, I subscribe to HBO Espa. is HBO not available in Ireland?

Judging by their website you can now.

Do you use an app like Netflix or is it through a browser or tv package?

I dont have a tv package but I do have a smart tv so maybe there is an app I can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

For anyone looking for some damn good recaps

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's really worth watching again before season 8. Once you know where characters are in season 7, it reveals a lot more that you might have missed in the earlier seasons.

Like King Robert and Barristan Selmy in season one talking about Thoros of Myr at the battle of Pyke and Jorah bringing it up again in season 7.

I live in Madrid, I subscribe to HBO Espa. is HBO not available in Ireland?

Turns out no, it isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You can watch them on one of the streaming sites here, can't you?

€60+ on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Just finished watching the whole thing in preparation for Season 8. We really enjoyed it and it is great knowing everything and seeing it all play out. You notice a lot more. We put on the subtitles too to get all the dialogue.

Effects wrote: »
    You can watch them on one of the streaming sites here, can't you?

I might start a separate thread on this - as someone without a tv subscription I am not well up on whats available and what isnt.

• Advertisement

Watched the episodes where we meet jaqen h'ghar and Arya Stark serves as a cupbearer for Lord Tywin Lannister during her imprisonment in Harrenhal.

Their dialogues are so good...

Watched the episodes where we meet jaqen h'ghar and Arya Stark serves as a cupbearer for Lord Tywin Lannister during her imprisonment in Harrenhal.

Their dialogues are so good...

Their chemistry is so good.

And for Arya, the character she is playing is within her reach, its believable.

Later when she is supposed to be a cold blooded sinister assassin it just doesnt work as well (imo) and comes off a bit hammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm going back through it too, I've managed to drag my gf along this time as she has never seen any of it before.

Just finished the red wedding tonight. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭fitz

Currently rewatching, just finished season 6 last night. It's great to watch in one big go, and it really doesn't lose impact, even when you know what's coming.

The Door upset me just as much the second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I had accumulated a few NowTV vouchers on the cheap in recent months so I decided to activate one last night. Season 7 is currently available and we did indulge in Ep1, very enjoyable. I'm surprised about how much I forgot happened from just the most recent series. Anyway, I did see confirmation in the app that all season will be available from 01/03/19.

On season 5 now, I forgot what a downer this season was....

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

On season 5 now, I forgot what a downer this season was....

Hardhome is a truly excellent episode though and then season 6 is so much better so you have that to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Into Season 5 as well. It really is the season where the quality fell off a cliff. I really enjoyed re-watching the previous 4 seasons but struggled to find any enthusiasm for this one as we were starting into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

seen a link there's 20 key episodes they recommend you watch with the key plot points,

will try find it again and post

Advertisement