Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about cbd

Options
  • 12-02-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Can someone exain to me about cbd please. Let's just say I've a 10ml bottle and a 30ml bottle both 200mg , is there any difference on the amount of cbd in different sized bottles?

Think I read something about the amount of cbd depending on the size of bottle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can someone exain to me about cbd please. Let's just say I've a 10ml bottle and a 30ml bottle both 200mg , is there any difference on the amount of cbd in different sized bottles?

Think I read something about the amount of cbd depending on the size of bottle

I'm no expert in CBD but I'll try to help a bit.

First, make sure the CBD you have is intended for vaping before trying to vape it. You shouldn't vape the oil-like CBD that is intended for oral consumption. Most agree that a few drops under the tongue of the oral solution is more effective than vaping CBD anyway.

It's hard to answer your question without knowing which bottle you're intending on using and whether it's the edible type or vape-ready type.

In e-liquid, for example, nicotine levels are measured in mg per ml. So a 10ml bottle of 3mg nicotine contains a total of 30mg of nicotine (3mg X 10ml). Vape-ready CBD is sometimes listed this way, or sometimes the contents of the whole bottle are listed.

The CBD I've dealt with was the type you drop under your tongue and the CBD level was listed for the whole bottle. So you would divide the concentration of CBD by the volume of the bottle to get the value per millilitre and you can compare strength that way. 200mg divided by 10ml is 20mg per ml. 200mg divided by 30ml would be just under 7mg per ml.

So you'll have to confirm with the company whether they're listing the total amount of CBD per bottle, or listing it over millilitre, unless they state specifically in the product info. The average dose I was told about was 20mg-30mg so, going by that, 200mg is typically the whole bottle (which would be average for a fairly small bottle, around 5-10ml I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Phill_M wrote: »
    I'm no expert in CBD but I'll try to help a bit.

First, make sure the CBD you have is intended for vaping before trying to vape it. You shouldn't vape the oil-like CBD that is intended for oral consumption. Most agree that a few drops under the tongue of the oral solution is more effective than vaping CBD anyway.

It's hard to answer your question without knowing which bottle you're intending on using and whether it's the edible type or vape-ready type.

In e-liquid, for example, nicotine levels are measured in mg per ml. So a 10ml bottle of 3mg nicotine contains a total of 30mg of nicotine (3mg X 10ml). Vape-ready CBD is sometimes listed this way, or sometimes the contents of the whole bottle are listed.

The CBD I've dealt with was the type you drop under your tongue and the CBD level was listed for the whole bottle. So you would divide the concentration of CBD by the volume of the bottle to get the value per millilitre and you can compare strength that way. 200mg divided by 10ml is 20mg per ml. 200mg divided by 30ml would be just under 7mg per ml.

So you'll have to confirm with the company whether they're listing the total amount of CBD per bottle, or listing it over millilitre, unless they state specifically in the product info. The average dose I was told about was 20mg-30mg so, going by that, 200mg is typically the whole bottle (which would be average for a fairly small bottle, around 5-10ml I think).

Thank you , that's after explaining what I wanted to know perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Thank you , that's after explaining what I wanted to know perfectly

No problem, I hope you find what you're looking for!

Advertisement