Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - #1 Cheerlouth

• 11-02-2019 9:31am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good Morning one and all and Happy Monday.

Can you believe KYE (Know Your Elves) is back, the long overdue sequel to an oldie. This time it'll be bigger & better as we learn more about our elves...

Not necessarily tied to Christmas, the shackles are off to what we may ask.

Fitting this makes a return this year as this year we are celebrating the Christmas Forum's 10th Birthday... Our Christmas Den is Ten this November. What perfect timing to relieve some classic threads and moment :)

First up is the lovely blushing bride to be... Cheerlouth.

Remember this is lighthearted fun, let's not go to personal in our questions, this isn't long lost families or Jeremy Kyle :P and no one is obliged to asnwer a question if they don't want to. The key here is just to have a bit of lighthearted fun :)

So let's kick off...

1) What's your favourite Movie of all time?
    2) What the first music single you remember buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Exciting!!!

Ok, here's a couple.

1) What is your favourite breakfast food?
    2) Wedding talk: you sneaking in any Christmassy stuff under the radar? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

& we're off... yay!

My couple...

1) Whats your favourite day of the year? (non christmas related)
    2) What is/was your favourite place to visit on holiday?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Delighted this is back!!

1. Which celebrity would you like to spend the day with?
    2. What is your favourite chocolate bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Have a feeling this will be fun :)

1. Which 3 famous people would you like to have dinner with and why?
    2. Best hotel you have ever stayed in? (Random question I know however love hearing about fab places people have stayed)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TRS30 wrote: »
    2. Best hotel you have ever stayed in? (Random question I know however love hearing about fab places people have stayed)

Honestly that is a fantastic question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Hurray! Something to brighten up this Monday morning.

1. Do you send Christmas cards?
    2. Are you a morning person/night owl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh gosh, I'm so excited! Be prepared to be underwhelmed by how boring I am :D:p
    Loughc wrote: »
    So let's kick off...

1) What's your favourite Movie of all time?
    2) What the first music single you remember buying?

1. I don't think I have a favourite favourite film - I have a lot of films that I really love:
    [Lord of The Rings
    Mary Poppins
    Pretty much any Disney film
    Star Trek movies

2. Music Single: I think it was probably a Take That one....on tape. I got a walkman for my 10th birthday & I remember I got a Take That tape with it. I remember being so excited that I tried to get up at 6.30 in the morning & my mam made me go back to bed lol

Exciting!!!

Ok, here's a couple.

1) What is your favourite breakfast food?
    2) Wedding talk: you sneaking in any Christmassy stuff under the radar? :cool:

1. Pancakes!!!!
    2. I tried to convince Mr. CL to have a Christmas in July theme, he refused :( I'm now going to spend the rest of the day thinking about how I could slip something christmassy in without him realising! :cool:

DvB wrote: »
    & we're off... yay!

My couple...

1) Whats your favourite day of the year? (non christmas related)
    2) What is/was your favourite place to visit on holiday?

Fav day of the year - aside from Christmas Eve, probably the kids birthdays! I love watching them open their presents and baking the cake & all the excitement that comes with being a small child on your birthday! :D

Favourite place to go on holiday: When we were young and fancy free, myself & Mr. CL went to Australia for 6 weeks & toured around in a dodgy campervan and it was just brilliant. We had so much fun! I'd go again in the morning!

I'll have to have a think about the other questions & also do some work before I get the heave ho! :P

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Delighted this is back!!

1. Which celebrity would you like to spend the day with?
    2. What is your favourite chocolate bar?

This is a tough one as 1. I'm not big for the celebrities and 2. I'd be hard pressed to find a chocolate bar I didn't like! :P

I'd say Hugh Jackman for the celeb cos I follow him on Instagram and he seems like a funny guy & he'd be entertaining! Plus, y'know, Wolverine! :cool:

Chocolate bar - I'm going to go with a Moro (although I think they changed the name of them now!)

Do they all have to be alive? :confused:

Caranica wrote: »
    Hurray! Something to brighten up this Monday morning.

1. Do you send Christmas cards?
    2. Are you a morning person/night owl?

Absolutely, I LOVE cards, especially Christmas cards! I think you are more likely to keep a card as a keepsake, than remember a gift, so I always make an extra effort with cards!

I'm a morning person :D I never understood people who could stay up all night! If I had to do overtime at work, I'd sooner get up at 4am and go in then, rather than stay back in the evening! My mind just does not function after 9pm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Do they all have to be alive? :confused:

No; however conversation could be awkward :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What's your favourite fancy dinner? (Apart from Christmas dinner)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What is your favourite childhood memory (non christmas!!)
    If you could relive one life event what would it be?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This is a tough one as 1. I'm not big for the celebrities and 2. I'd be hard pressed to find a chocolate bar I didn't like! :P

Chocolate bar - I'm going to go with a Moro (although I think they changed the name of them now!)

Moro’s are called boost bars now.

I’m a Big fan!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Howdy Elf Cheerlouth!
    here's mine...

1 - What was your favourite Christmas gift when you were a kid?
    2 - Do you have any signature dishes in your cooking répertoire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ooh tough to come up with interesting questions...

1. Slightly morbid but, what would be your death row meal? Starter, main, dessert and drink :)
    2. Favourite Christmas present you've ever received? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love to read, and studied literature in college, so my questions are naturally:

-Favourite book?
    -Favourite author? (as the two don't always coincide!)
    -Favourite childhood book?
    Loughc wrote: »
    Moro’s are called boost bars now.
    Oh my goodness, this is where Moro bars went!!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What is your favorite car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loving your answers.

If you were to promote Louth to someone who had never visited what two thing would you tell them?

Ok, famous people to have dinner with:
    - Patrick Steward because he's been in loads of things & he's Jean-Luc Picard!
    - Richard Feynman even though he's dead because he was an awesome physicist & just an all round interesting person & he played the bongo drums so he could provide some after dinner entertainment!
    - Mary Robinson because first female president, united nations, conversation would be good with her I'd imagine!

Best Hotel....that is a hard one! I'm going to go with Farnham Estate in Cavan because
    1. it's the hotel I've visited most recently and can remember it
    2. The food is amazing in the restaurant
    3. It has a lovely spa

Toots wrote: »
    What's your favourite fancy dinner? (Apart from Christmas dinner)

Fancy dinner - probably Easter Sunday dinner because we always do a big family affair & it's the closest to Christmas dinner really.

Once it's not lamb, I hate lamb!

What is your favourite childhood memory (non christmas!!)

Oh this is a hard one - we had a great childhood! When I was 4, we had a family holiday with my grandparents, one of my aunts & her son to Wicklow but my sister got run over & broke her leg & because she had to go to a hospital appointment, Mam & Dad had to delay going but I got to go with my Nana and Grandad a few days ahead of them. I remember having such a fun time with my grandparents & specifically being on at the front of a doubledecker bus. It was probably one of the few times I had my grandparents to myself & I loved it!
    If you could relive one life event what would it be?

Birth of my first child - it was quite hectic & myself and Mr. CL just did whatever the midwives told us to do. I've done a lot of research since then about HSE policy & evidence based studies. So if I could I would redo that night & tell myself that I have a voice & I'm in control & I'd tell the nasty midwife who told me I was putting my child in danger for not getting up on a bed to F**k right off!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Howdy Elf Cheerlouth!
    here's mine...

1 - What was your favourite Christmas gift when you were a kid?
    2 - Do you have any signature dishes in your cooking répertoire?

Favourite Christmas gift as a kid: we got a computer between the three of us one year. My dad went down to "check" that Santy was gone, was downstairs for ages & when he finally said that the coast was clear, the computer was in the middle of the floor turned on with a message from Santy on it! It was amazing! I learned how to touch-type on that computer :D

Signature dishes - I make a nice stew (nothing fancy but you can't beat it!), I also do some nice cakes - nothing to Bake Off standard now, but coffee cake, banana breads, chocolate coke cake etc

Posy wrote: »
    I love to read, and studied literature in college, so my questions are naturally:

-Favourite book?
    -Favourite author? (as the two don't always coincide!)
    -Favourite childhood book?

Favourite book: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society - I just love it, it's such a nice read

Favourite author: Probably JK Rowling - I'm a big HP fan! Tolkien comes in a close second though!

Favourite Childhood Book: The Secret Garden (although I also did love a series of books about a nurse called Sue Barton - I can't remember the title of them now. They were old even back then)

What is your favorite car?

I learned to drive in mid-90s VW Polo. 1.4 Petrol, went like the clappers! It's always had a special spot in my heart! Shouldn't have sold it!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Loving your answers.

If you were to promote Louth to someone who had never visited what two thing would you tell them?

Oh this is a good one!

I'd tell them that we are the county of legends - Cuchulainn, the Salmon of Knowledge, the Brown Bull of Cooley - all happened in Louth.
    And we are a county full of history - the Battle of the Boyne, Cromwell ransacking Drogheda etc. Legend, History & Modern Day all mixed up together - :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Loving this:) your answers are great!!

1) dream holiday destination that you have been to or would love to visit?

2) favourite song and artist?

Advertisement