Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lemonheads Ireland tour 2019

Options
  • 04-12-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

3 shows coming up in February
    06 Feb: The Academy, Dublin, Ireland
    07 Feb: Cyprus Avenue, Cork, Ireland
    08 Feb: Elmwood Hall, Belfast, UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

On sale tomorrow but nothing on ticketmaster yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ohhhh!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Bought a ticket for Belfast last night :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Some__dad

Any idea what stage time is for the Academy gig? 7 pm door coincides with putting chisellers to bed time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Some__dad wrote: »
    Any idea what stage time is for the Academy gig? 7 pm door coincides with putting chisellers to bed time
    Twitter probably best source for stage times - either band or venue.
    Highly unlikely to be on stage before 9, though keep an eye out if there's a club night afterwards, could then be 830.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

stage times for tonight
    The Academy Dublin

Verified account

@academydublin

Stage times for tonight’s show (subject to change)

Tickets on sale now from @TicketmasterIre and on the door

Doors - 7pm
    @silverbacksFOUR - 8pm
    @TheLemonheads - 9pm

Thanks for that ðŸ‘
    Peter File wrote: »
    stage times for tonight
    The Academy Dublin

Verified account

@academydublin

Stage times for tonight’s show (subject to change)

Tickets on sale now from @TicketmasterIre and on the door

Doors - 7pm
    @silverbacksFOUR - 8pm
    @TheLemonheads - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Thanks for that ðŸ‘

Phoned it in. Very disappointing sound and seemed like the band never played together.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

PaulieC wrote: »
    Thanks for that ðŸ‘

Phoned it in. Very disappointing sound and seemed like the band never played together.

The reason I didn't go last night. The last couple of times were very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

He was ****ing half asleep the whole

gig!

I asked my friend to start a hash tag. #saveevan

Let's let him know we love him and we forgive him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Was he off his biccy?

Was he off his biccy?

Pretty much. Took a couple of slugs out of a bottle of JD. Eyes rolling around in his head. Band were having trouble following him. Enjoyed the good bits but man he's wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I enjoyed the acoustic section best. Good to hear songs like Stove, Ride With Me and Being Around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Out of interest, how long did they play for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pretty much. Took a couple of slugs out of a bottle of JD. Eyes rolling around in his head. Band were having trouble following him. Enjoyed the good bits but man he's wrecked.

Sad to hear. I’ve seen Evan several times over the years, solo, with his band and with his band masquerading as The Lemonheads. Always a complete lottery as to what state he might be in. At both ends of the spectrum I’ve seen him as a tragic addict, aggressive, frustrated and mumbling and fumbling through, entertaining in parts but shambolic for the most part, but then saw him play truly one of the greatest live shows I ever did witness too...hope he gets it and keeps it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I haven’t gone to see them since they played It’s a Shame About Ray in the Academy a few years ago and completely phoned it in. Sad to hear things haven’t changed!

Going by Setlist.fm, they played 28 tunes in Cork last night...of which 12 were covers. Regardless, I'm looking forward to tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Don't build your hopes up too high, I was at the show last night, shambolic is the best way I could describe it, forgetting lyrics, cutting songs short the band seemed to be winging it for the most part. There were a few good moments alright to be fair.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Going by Setlist.fm, they played 28 tunes in Cork last night...of which 12 were covers. Regardless, I'm looking forward to tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnMagic

Definitely sketchy in parts in Cork last night but still had some good highlights. 'looks like you' with the band was great. Played about 1hr25.

• Advertisement

spindex wrote: »
    Don't build your hopes up too high, I was at the show last night, shambolic is the best way I could describe it, forgetting lyrics, cutting songs short the band seemed to be winging it for the most part. There were a few good moments alright to be fair.

Shambolic is also how I would describe the Belfast gig...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

doing Opium 22nd september (the dublin venue lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What I like about Evan is whatever guise, he won’t short change anyone on set length and he usually has a pretty great musicians and well rehearsed band with him… if he marries those good aspects with a competent personal performance, which is a lottery to be fair.. he can be great..

recent performance here, an element of phoning it in, and ‘Drug Buddy’ … a song he played 116,000 times over the last 30 years with a few bum notes from him…eeek

Hmmmmm

were great ten years ago when he has Chris Brokaw in the band…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jeez, thats poor.... ⬆️ 😮

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement