Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upping nic level???

Options
  • 07-02-2019 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Been vaping a little over 6 years now,went from 24mg down to 3 and 6 mg fairly quickly in the first year and have been around those levels since. My issue is that I'm constantly vaping and am beginning to be conscious of that fact.
    Am considering upping the nic level in a mtl setup or even trying nic salts in an AIO like a Smok Nord or Aspire Nautilus with the intention of reducing the amount of time I actually spend vaping!!!
    Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Been vaping a little over 6 years now,went from 24mg down to 3 and 6 mg fairly quickly in the first year and have been around those levels since. My issue is that I'm constantly vaping and am beginning to be conscious of that fact.
    Am considering upping the nic level in a mtl setup or even trying nic salts in an AIO like a Smok Nord or Aspire Nautilus with the intention of reducing the amount of time I actually spend vaping!!!
    Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Conscious means that you have too much time on your hands:D:D:D

I have never changed my MTL Nic strengths for years which is 24mg & I would say that I'm using about 2 to 3ml of juice over a 10 hour period a day.

18mg does not satisfy my cravings,I would go through 10ml of juice easily over that 10 hours.

Sometimes I need 9mg when using DL setup,this depends on the juice I'm vaping,some juices are soft & others are harsh.Does this mean I am a nic addict-er,who knows,but it sorts my cravings out.

So,the answer to your question is....I don't know:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'm about 90 percent MTL now. Lostvape Orion and digiflavour siren 2. I use nic salts and order most of my liquid from greyhaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Conscious means that you have too much time on your hands:D:D:D

I have never changed my MTL Nic strengths for years which is 24mg & I would say that I'm using about 2 to 3ml of juice over a 10 hour period a day.

18mg does not satisfy my cravings,I would go through 10ml of juice easily over that 10 hours.

Sometimes I need 9mg when using DL setup,this depends on the juice I'm vaping,some juices are soft & others are harsh.Does this mean I am a nic addict-er,who knows,but it sorts my cravings out.

So,the answer to your question is....I don't know:):)

Very true about 'too much time' :D I understand what you're saying though,I've always been a flavour chaser and the nic content was secondary,I even went for about 2 months on 0nic:eek: 3mg just doesn't appear to be cutting it for me so I'm going to experiment a bit with higher nic content and nic salts in mtl setups and see how that goes. Isn't that the great thing about vaping,the ability to change and try out different options. :)
    moleyv wrote: »
    I'm about 90 percent MTL now. Lostvape Orion and digiflavour siren 2. I use nic salts and order most of my liquid from greyhaze.

I've looked at the Orion,I'm assuming you have the DNA version? Looks perfect for what I'm going to try out.
    How do you find vaping the salts? Would you be reaching for the mod less frequently?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

I've heard people say on a few YouTube videos and general articles that if you want to cut down, you just have to do it, not raise your nicotine level. But everyone varies. You can always mix up a couple of higher strength batches and maybe keep an eye on how many millilitres you get through in a day. There's probably no point going by a puff counter without there being a way to see if you are taking 1 second drags or 5 second drags etc.

Personally, I vape non stop too, whether it was 6mg or 0mg. So going up wouldn't change my vaping habits. I'd probably be the exact same on 0mg flavourless VG.

That being said, when I first tried vaping years ago, I was using crappy 36mg cartridges in a cigalike setup and I only used it for a few puffs once an hour. Probably because it tasted terrible and gave me migraines, but maybe a salt nic setup would be comparable and stop you from overdoing it.

My aim isn't necessarily to cut down, more an attempt to get a satisfying vape without having a mod in my hand all day if that makes sense.
    I'm going to wrap a high resistance kanthal coil and low power with nic salts in a Galaxies and see what the outcome is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

My aim isn't necessarily to cut down, more an attempt to get a satisfying vape without having a mod in my hand all day if that makes sense.
    I'm going to wrap a high resistance kanthal coil and low power with nic salts in a Galaxies and see what the outcome is.

Makes perfect sense, I think we're all chasing a perfectly satisfying vape. It just means something different to each individual.

I remember someone showing me their work setup when they had minimal breaks, they were raving about it. It was nic salts in a MTL squonk. I think it was Vandy Vape. I don't follow MTL so can't remember for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

This is one of the reasons I've resurrected my Stingray and bought some MTL tanks.
    I've even dragged an ugly Juppi out of storage, as its perfect size-wise for the Beserker mini

I've been vaping away happily on 6mg using .4 / .5 ohm coils for a couple of years now but I find that I'm filling the room up very rapidly these days, cos like you I rarely put my mod down.

For mtl now I'm using 1.0 / 1.2 ohm coils and have increased the nic content to 12.

For the last week I've been primarily MTL when indoors and DL outdoors. I've no idea whether or not I'm using my mods less when I MTL but it definitely gives that impression to others ;)

No shortage of flavour but with MTL it is different. To me it seems more concentrated and probably suits simple mixes best.
    One other thing I noticed is that a couple of flavours I didn't like vaping DL are actually quite tasty on a higher ohm coil with a more restricted draw.
    So if anything it's another door opened.

Early days I know, but so far no issues with DL and MTL mix.

I suppose the next logical step will be to look at nic salts too, but I haven't even thought about them yet as I'm working through my 72mg nic stash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I've looked at the Orion,I'm assuming you have the DNA version? Looks perfect for what I'm going to try out. How do you find vaping the salts? Would you be reaching for the mod less frequently?

Yes the DNA version. The Siren is better flavour wise, but for the size, and a more stealthy vape with less vapour it is excellent. The pods last a good while, 3 weeks or so.

The salts are very smooth, perhaps too smooth, sometimes the throat hit isn't there, but certainly satisfying nic wise. No chain vaping with it. It gets the job done, and I think that's what you are looking for.

moleyv wrote:
    The salts are very smooth, perhaps too smooth, sometimes the throat hit isn't there, but certainly satisfying nic wise. No chain vaping with it. It gets the job done, and I think that's what you are looking for.

Sounds perfect, I actually ordered one and a bottle of Salts from Greyhaze earlier so will be looking forward to trying this setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'd imagine you'll only cut down on the vaping short term due to nicotine overdose symptoms but when you acclimatise to the the new higher nic level you'll be back vaping just as much as you do now.

I worked my way down to zero nic late 2017. Each step on the way down from 24 was easy peasy with literally no transitionary period till I got to 3mg and even then it was just the lack of throat hit but I got used to that within a few days. Same when I went from 3mg to zero. I happily vaped zero nic juice for 2 months. Nicotine long gone out of my system. I ran out of zero nic juice and decided that now was as good a time as any to give up vaping altogether. Sure wasn't I well and truly clear of that awful addictive nicotine!!.....I was crawling the walls within an hour of putting away my vape. This proved to me that nicotine addiction is only a small component of smoking/vaping addiction. IMHO the vast majority of the addiction is the neuronal pathway programming from hand to mouth actions and puffing 400+ times a day. Literally the only repetitive actions a smoker/vaper will do more times a day are autonomic bodily functions like breathing and blinking!! Thats some powerful neural programming!! I'm fasting to lose weight and have gone 6 days in a row without food and that was piss easy to do compared to putting down my vape for more than an hour!!

So really, theres no getting around it. We'll all ultimately have to cold turkey our vaping at some point because its the act of vaping/smoking itself which we are primarily addicted to and theres no getting around the fact that if you want to stop vaping so much, you'll just have to force yourself to stop vaping so much. I have a renewed sympathy for Babies/Toddlers being weened off their Soothers cause thats basically what we are. Adults addicted to sucking on a soother! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement