Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW26 Captain

• 07-02-2019 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭

Salah. Right?

GW26 Captain 143 votes

Rashford (ful)
    62% 89 votes
    Pogba (ful)
    3% 5 votes
    PEA (hud)
    2% 3 votes
    Salah (BOU)
    4% 6 votes
    Son (LEIC)
    23% 33 votes
    Aguero (CHE)
    1% 2 votes
    Sterling (CHE
    2% 4 votes
    Lacca (hud)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard (mci)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Right! Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Son.

Auba if ars3nals away record wasn't so patchy. Might gamble yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Auba, if I decide to get him in. If not, most likely Salah, despite him being very poor the last 2 gws

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm guessing a few will TC Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Auba or very tempted to take a chance on Kola v Hud (for the second time this season). I know Arsenal have been poor at the back but Huddersfield have no attacking threat and probably won't see much of the ball at the weekend. Should get a cs plus good potential for assists and BP. Last GW killed me for the season anyway so may as well take a few chances to make things interesting for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Beware currently "ill" Auba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Voted Aubemeyang but did not see he was ill so switching back to Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I could never forgive myself for not captaining Salah. I will never forget his away game to them when I freshly parted ways with him. Given the Auba news, he must be the clear favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

dsmythy wrote: »
    Beware currently "ill" Auba.

Ahhhhhhhh balls.

There goes my plans of

Auba to Aguero and then back to Auba hokey cokey.

Salah it will have to be.

It would give me another transfer to play around with this week. This could be dangerous.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhh balls.

There goes my plans of

Auba to Aguero and then back to Auba hokey cokey.

Salah it will have to be.

It would give me another transfer to play around with this week. This could be dangerous.

Supposedly he's OK. OK the word used by his manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Surely hardest captain week?

Firmino, Jimenez, son, salah, aubu and even Townsend or Doherty to be left field. Aubu last choice but very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

but1er wrote: »
    Surely hardest captain week?

Firmino, Jimenez, son, salah, aubu and even Townsend or Doherty to be left field. Aubu last choice but very hard

Surely not!

You've got a team who have conceded 20 goals in their last 7 away games vs Salah! No doubt theres some good options with good fixtures but theres only one great option with a great fixture. This is a clearer pick than most weeks imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,020 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bournemouth are dogshít at the back, and Salah completely humiliated Steve Cook earlier in the season.

this is a dream fixture for any good team who needs to get going after a little bit of a slump in performance.

these are famous last words, but Bournemouth can't shut up shop, and the only one who can properly help them do it, Jefferson Lerma, is struggling with injury.

despite the good fixtures for so many teams, I don't think there's been a clearer option for captain this season. it has to be Salah.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Bournemouth are dogshat the back, and Salah completely humiliated Steve Cook earlier in the season.

this is a dream fixture for any good team who needs to get going after a little bit of a slump in performance.

these are famous last words, but Bournemouth can't shut up shop, and the only one who can properly help them do it, Jefferson Lerma, is struggling with injury.

despite the good fixtures for so many teams, I don't think there's been a clearer option for captain this season. it has to be Salah.

Bournemouth clean sheet and penalty save incoming! Surely cant be any worse than Sane.....surely :eek:

Was all set for Aubameyang but not confident he’ll get much more than 70 minutes with the talk of a recent illness.

Could yet switch to Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I think for anyone not playing catch up, Salah is a no brainer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Sala

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭champchamp

Playing catchup - Jimenez?

champchamp wrote: »

Think I would go with Son. Imo has better points expectancy than Jimenez and has lower ownership too. Unless you're out chipped as well as chasing I would still probably look to try make the points up without resorting to making captaincy changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bournemouth are dogshít at the back, and Salah completely humiliated Steve Cook earlier in the season.

Going Salah solely on this, has to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

MANE

Chesty08 wrote: »
    MANE

if you have Salah too, this is a brave move. Mane is probably enough of a differential just to have IMO. i have Mane too btw.

champchamp wrote: »

IMO, it depends how much you are trying to catch up.

if it's circa 30-50 points, I'd stick with Salah if you have him. plenty of time over the BGWs and DGWs to catch up. trying to make it up in one fell swoop is a low percentage play.

if you're 100 points behind, i can see the logic in going Jimenez, Son, Rashford, Pogba etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

if you have Salah too, this is a brave move. Mane is probably enough of a differential just to have IMO. i have Mane too btw.

I do have Salah too. Yes it is a differential but it is one I am confident in for this week on the basis of current form. Mane is flying atm, really should of had more returns last few games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Auba's scoring in away matches is nothing to write home about. Points vs Cardiff, Brighton and palace but blanks otherwise.

Might play safe with Salah or Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What about Salah TC

What about Salah TC

If you're not going to wait for a dgw if doesn't get much for better than this really. Wouldn't be for me personally though.

Damn. Was going to do Rashford because he's crazy consistent right now. Now I'm doubting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mane

Advertisement