Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's the guy that charges people money for a spreadsheet with suggested transfers over the last few weeks of the season when the DGWs start. Some people have way too much money!

Its in his interest to hype up the dgws and convince everyone that late wildcard dgw BB is the only viable strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Its in his interest to hype up the dgws and convince everyone that late wildcard dgw BB is the only viable strategy.

Yea it is and I don't have a problem with him making money out of it, I just find it odd that some people pay when they can get the same data for free elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I love the FH so much I forgot to mention it.

Wow. It’s late here now.

So I have all 4 left and haven’t strategised yet. Haven’t even started thinking about it.

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

He's the guy that charges people money for a spreadsheet with suggested transfers over the last few weeks of the season when the DGWs start. Some people have way too much money!

Who made it? I'll tell you who made it, I can remember his name. Ben Crelin!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yea it is and I don't have a problem with him making money out of it, I just find it odd that some people pay when they can get the same data for free elsewhere.

It's a bit like going to the cinema, you go for the experience :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hazard to Sane, to give me 3 DGW players. Sane, Aguero, and Ricky. Maybe the captaincy on someone other than Salah for the first time all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

DGW25
    Aguero & Jota in for Firmino and Pogba (-4)

Triple City of Aguero Sane and Sterling

GW26
    Sane to Son
    or
    Aguero to PEA

BGW27
    Sane to Son
    or
    Aguero to PEA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a quick look at throwing together a DGW/BGW planner spreadsheet there today but it seems a bit early yet maybe as a lot of the fixtures to be fully confirmed yet.

After some creative googling I finally struck gold and found the link below - will keep an eye on the updates on it, I guess we'll know more in the next couple of weeks either way

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18r08-Z5lot760c2k1B380OCnNHXLRnNH31YWagB4Oas/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1448450054

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cartman78 wrote: »

After some creative googling I finally struck gold and found the link below - will keep an eye on the updates on it, I guess we'll know more in the next couple of weeks either way
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18r08-Z5lot760c2k1B380OCnNHXLRnNH31YWagB4Oas/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1448450054

Warning, do not open if your suffer from epilepsy!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Had a quick look at throwing together a DGW/BGW planner spreadsheet there today but it seems a bit early yet maybe as a lot of the fixtures to be fully confirmed yet.

It's like Christmas morning. :D

I love a good spreadsheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Skinny week 31 looks like it could be a huge problem for me now that Wolves Arsenal is quite likely to be off
    I have 3 Pool but the rest of the teams in it are ****e
    I had planned on free hit in DGW 32 instead but now I am not sure
    This also has me wary of playing my BB this weekend.......I am very likely to bank my transfer now I think and hold off on BB
    This will mean benching ricky digne against Huddersfield who are God awful and Bednarek at home to Cardiff......not sure I will get a better BB opportunity tbh . Have Button in goals so would have to use a transfer to bring in boruc and hope for save points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at GW31, I’m going to give serious consideration to the FH.

I currently only have 4 players (Alisson, Robertson, Salah and Anderson) with a guaranteed game. I also don’t want to be wedded to a Liverpool defensive double up for the next 6 GWs.

The other teams playing in GW31 are, frankly, sh1te for FF assets. I’m not sure I want to be loading up on them over the next few weeks. It could put a serious dent in OR having Huddersfield and Fulham defenders instead of Wolves and Palace ones for example.

It does create a GW33 issue, but we would have Arsenal and potentially Spurs and Man Utd/Chelsea to also choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

km79 wrote: »
    Skinny week 31 looks like it could be a huge problem for me now that Wolves Arsenal is quite likely to be off
    I have 3 Pool but the rest of the teams in it are ****e
    I had planned on free hit in DGW 32 instead but now I am not sure
    This also has me wary of playing my BB this weekend.......I am very likely to bank my transfer now I think and hold off on BB
    This will mean benching ricky digne against Huddersfield who are God awful and Bednarek at home to Cardiff......not sure I will get a better BB opportunity tbh . Have Button in goals so would have to use a transfer to bring in boruc and hope for save points

Honestly I think carnage in 31 might well be better for those of us with all chips. We have the means to deal with it and it gives a nice opportunity to use TC in the first big DGW.

You also really need to be careful of falling into the trap of making too many sacrifices in GW 27-30 just to field 11 in 31. Those who plan for the BGWs can end up shooting themselves in the foot by bringing in confirmed non-blanks where those players might not actually be performing, whereas the casual might have a horror show on 31 but make more points on you overall by being oblivious to 31 and bringing in players with good form and fixtures in 27-30.

If it looks like 31 is going to be a big blank, then we can easily switch strategy to:

FH: 31
    TC: 32
    Hope for the best in 33 (can only be a max of 4 games off I believe, should be able to make a decent team)
    WC: 34
    BB: 35

If Wolves (Arsenal also blank) and Palace (Spurs also blank) then I'll likely go with the above strategy.

I think avoiding the above teams (by either transferring players out or refusing to transfer players in) who have some nice fixtures in 27-30 just so you can field 11 in GW 31 would be foolish.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Honestly I think carnage in 31 might well be better for those of us with all chips. We have the means to deal with it and it gives a nice opportunity to use TC in the first big DGW.

You also really need to be careful of falling into the trap of making too many sacrifices in GW 27-30 just to field 11 in 31. Those who plan for the BGWs can end up shooting themselves in the foot by bringing in confirmed non-blanks where those players might not actually be performing, whereas the casual might have a horror show on 31 but make more points on you overall by being oblivious to 31 and bringing in players with good form and fixtures in 27-30.

If it looks like 31 is going to be a big blank, then we can easily switch strategy to:

FH: 31
    TC: 32
    Hope for the best in 33 (can only be a max of 4 games off I believe, should be able to make a decent team)
    WC: 34
    BB: 35

If Wolves (Arsenal also blank) and Palace (Spurs also blank) then I'll likely go with the above strategy.

I think avoiding the above teams (by either transferring players out or refusing to transfer players in) who have some nice fixtures in 27-30 just so you can field 11 in GW 31 would be foolish.

I agree
    But I do not have a WC.......
    SO I will still prob FH in 31 and bring in players from teams with good runs until then as well (already have 3 wolves , will prob get 1/2 arsenal). If they blank in 31 they will obviously have a dgw anyway
    I probably should hold my BB too as i will be carrying 3 liverpool for rest of season most likely.
    FH 31 could still be a dud though.
    3 pool
    couple of west ham , leicster and bournemouth
    Could easily end up still just getting 30/40 points

km79 wrote: »
    I agree
    But I do not have a WC.......
    SO I will still prob FH in 31 and bring in players from teams with good runs until then as well (already have 3 wolves , will prob get 1/2 arsenal). If they blank in 31 they will obviously have a dgw anyway
    I probably should hold my BB too as i will be carrying 3 liverpool for rest of season most likely.
    FH 31 could still be a dud though.
    3 pool
    couple of west ham , leicster and bournemouth
    Could easily end up still just getting 30/40 points

True that 31 could be a letdown, if I remember correctly last year the skinny GW had Salah score very big and was an obvious captain choice. I seem to remember being without a Free Hit last year on that skinny GW where most used it. I think I fielded 9 players and totally got away with it, even outscored many of the FHers.

Something similar could happen here, hopefully not and those of us who kept chips will be rewarded.

It's hard to know, there will ultimately be some luck involved. But not going to stress too much in the next few weeks about planning for 31 at the expense of the other weeks (still going to bring in Son, likely an Arse player or two), knowing that there can be a contingency plan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was all set for the build to 31 then WC 32 then FH 33.

Questioning now reading here.

FH in 31 could allow you to build up to DGW32 which is much tastier looking. Lets you keep some good players now. You could even build to BGW33 then WC GW34. Both would be very doable if 33 isn't that big a blank. Pity we cant learn sooner about 33's blanks.

After this coming GW we learn who blanks in 31. We don't learn 33 obviously until the cup games in 31 are played.

Last note bringing in a player just because they have a game is pointless if all you expect is 2 points from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Will have a proper look at this at the weekend,
    but echoing whats been said above, for the minute I'm leaning towards.
    FH 31
    WC 34
    BB 35

I think a FH could be fun in DGW to load up on 11 DGWers but the potential amount of blanks to navigate through on free transfers alone seems daunting.

I'll also start looking at what chips my main league rivals have remaining/used already. They're liable to drop them at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I have
    WC
    FH
    BB
    TC
    all left. It’s very annoying that the app doesn’t up date the fixtures. Any place to see confirmed fixtures yet or is it too soon? I might just work short term this week and move on City players and that CHE,blank, next 2 weeks

As an early wildcarder, I’ll be doing FH DGW32 and Bench boost DGW35

Deadline for gw 27 is after far cup fifth round and quarter final draw
    I was unaware of that until now
    Given how hard I am finding it to pick my team for the weekend as it is I will now be banking my transfer
    Carrying 2 into 27 when I don't have a WC could be crucial

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It’s very annoying that the app doesn’t up date the fixtures. Any place to see confirmed fixtures yet or is it too soon? I might just work short term this week and move on City players and that CHE,blank, next 2 weeks

Fixtures are up to date on the app, just checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any good strategies or guides out there for someone with all chips left please?

I’ve never been in this position this late in the day and to be honest, don’t know where to start.

472433.png

Really looking like building towards a decent team in 31 through just FTs will become impossible.

The question is will still be such a dud week that using a chip on it is almost pointless? (i.e. maybe those chipless score 30 or so but you only score 40 with your FH).

I still think it's looking more and more like FH in 31 will be the way to go. I think a good few blanks here would be good for those of us with the FH, but not all 6 because that just really limits options. Matches like Brighton vs Cardiff or Watford vs Soton going ahead would be good imo, as these are matches where you will have some decent options for players on your FH, but those without the FH will be unlikely to have good coverage on these teams.

Will almost definitely be working under assumption of using FH in 31 now however, and playing the gameweeks that lie ahead of me as they are (i.e. not sacrificing the next 5 GWs just to get into good shape for 31)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    472433.png

Really looking like building towards a decent team in 31 through just FTs will become impossible.

The question is will still be such a dud week that using a chip on it is almost pointless? (i.e. maybe those chipless score 30 or so but you only score 40 with your FH).

I still think it's looking more and more like FH in 31 will be the way to go. I think a good few blanks here would be good for those of us with the FH, but not all 6 because that just really limits options. Matches like Brighton vs Cardiff or Watford vs Soton going ahead would be good imo, as these are matches where you will have some decent options for players on your FH, but those without the FH will be unlikely to have good coverage on these teams.

Will almost definitely be working under assumption of using FH in 31 now however, and playing the gameweeks that lie ahead of me as they are (i.e. not sacrificing the next 5 GWs just to get into good shape for 31)

Yeah plus currently GW33 is not looking all that skinny at the moment. You could get away with it being only a minor hurdle. The Manchester clubs and maybe Chelsea could potentially be the only popular casualties. Results in the next round if they go a certain way might make a FH BGW31 the most popular choice by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

For those of us without a WC it’s looking like

31-FH
    32 - BB/TC
    33 - tough it out
    35 - BB/TC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any good spreadsheet around for the remaining fixtures or do I have to buy that Ben crelin one? Might just do up my own. Still have WC BB and TC left do need to plan ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Green&Red wrote: »
    For those of us without a WC it’s looking like

31-FH
    32 - BB/TC
    33 - tough it out
    35 - BB/TC

I'll be FH GW32 and BB GW35. Still to decide on TC. Maybe a DGW 37!

There won't be many options for GW31 to free hit so will tough it out with my 6 players hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is bb worth that much in a double gameweek if you've used your wildcard? Getting 11 double gameweekers will be tough enough, having 15 with good fixtures is almost impossible without a wildcard. Ive already used my wildcard and bench boost. Obviously the wildcard would be very handy but not too fussed about having no bench boost. I will almost certainly use my free hit in a double gameweek to get 11 good dgw options without tearing my team up in the preceding weeks. TC will also certainly be used on a dgw. Navigating the 2 blank gws will be tricky but there are plenty transfers between now and then and very few players playing in those weeks that i would actually fear not owning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any good spreadsheet around for the remaining fixtures or do I have to buy that Ben crelin one? Might just do up my own. Still have WC BB and TC left do need to plan ahead

The Crellin one is free on his twitter. I think you only pay for his individual coaching

Advertisement