Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Made sense to move it from August bank hol. It was getting seriously crowded with ATN muscling in last year. Hope it gets the numbers to keep going. Heard it was very quiet last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

well I guess someone saw my post and updated their page in the past hours.

No Castlepalooza this year

from their homepage which changed in past 30mins

'Taking a break...
    Castlepalooza is taking a break. We are taking the time out to create a completely new spin on the music festival formula and will be back with a reimagined Castlepalooza.
    Thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last 13 years. Watch this space for Castlepalooza updates and have a great Summer!'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so they moved the dates recently, and now have cancelled it completely?

probably didn't help that It Takes A Village is now on the weekend after, and I'd have thought there's a decent amount of audience crossover there, in addition to ITAV being onsale a lot earlier I believe.

not sure when they could move it to really. B&S is mid-June, ATN/Indie/Beatyard the August BH weekend. Another Love Story mid/late August. maybe mid-Sept as there probably isn't much crossover with EP anymore the way that festival has gone.

so they moved the dates recently, and now have cancelled it completely?

probably didn't help that It Takes A Village is now on the weekend after, and I'd have thought there's a decent amount of audience crossover there, in addition to ITAV being onsale a lot earlier I believe.

not sure when they could move it to really. B&S is mid-June, ATN/Indie/Beatyard the August BH weekend. Another Love Story mid/late August. maybe mid-Sept as there probably isn't much crossover with EP anymore the way that festival has gone.

I reckon May bank holiday is a good date. It takes a village is on a week later.

I'd much rather having that extra day to slowly go home without taking a day off work.

I reckon a year to fund raise and to negotiate bands and make partnerships with other fests around that time.

Comeback in 2020 with a nice headliner and cheap but quality undercard and BAM....

Since we're talking about it takes a village; it looks pretty less than average this year. No great single act ala 'young fathers'

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I reckon May bank holiday is a good date. It takes a village is on a week later.

I'd much rather having that extra day to slowly go home without taking a day off work.

I reckon a year to fund raise and to negotiate bands and make partnerships with other fests around that time.

Comeback in 2020 with a nice headliner and cheap but quality undercard and BAM....

Since we're talking about it takes a village; it looks pretty less than average this year. No great single act ala 'young fathers'

Looking a little bit light alright, considering the price of tickets.

• Advertisement

Well this thread has probably had the shortest life ever.

3hrs :(

Advertisement