Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Degiro Gurus...

• 05-02-2019 5:23pm
    Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭

Just say I have 50K to invest so I log on to Degiro and buy 50,000 worth of 'ABC shares" at exactly 10 Euro each.
    My fees would be 2 Euro + 0.058% plus stamp duty of 500 euro so If my maths are correct, to buy exactly 5000 shares at 10 euro each, it would cost me 50,529 Euro.
    Fast forward 3 weeks and the 5000 shares I bought at 10 are now worth 10.50
    So I decided to sell..5000 x 10.50 = 52,500.
    Once I remove the initial 529 it cost me in fees/stamp duty to buy the shares, I am left with a profit of 1971, once I remove degiro fees, take another 30 off. Leaving me with 1940 profit, or 51940 sitting in my degiro acc/
    Of this 51940 is there stamp duty to be paid or is there stamp duty only on the 1940 or is there even any stamp duty when you sell?
    TIA for any knowledge on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Stamp duty is only when you buy. CGT may be owed.

Advertisement