Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

jenny greene live gig feedback or reviews

• 24-01-2019 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

hi all i see jenny greene is playing a live gig with al gibs in hayes hotel thurles, i am just wondering what would she be like live i say it should be good as i was thinking of going,what type of music would she play,stuff like she plays on the club sandwitch every friday or more dance music,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

morphy87 wrote: »
    hi all i see jenny greene is playing a live gig with al gibs in hayes hotel thurles, i am just wondering what would she be like live i say it should be good as i was thinking of going,what type of music would she play,stuff like she plays on the club sandwitch every friday or more dance music,thanks

Its mostly the classic 90s trance music she does like on the club sandwich but it changes from venue to venue I'd imagine. What date is she playing in Thurles ? May go myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭morphy87

Its mostly the classic 90s trance music she does like on the club sandwich but it changes from venue to venue I'd imagine. What date is she playing in Thurles ? May go myself

she is playing there sathurday the 16 of feburary doors open at 10,did you ever see her live before? do you think tickets will sell fast for this?

she is playing there sathurday the 16 of feburary doors open at 10,did you ever see her live before? do you think tickets will sell fast for this?

I saw her twice but both were with the concert orchestra, they were literally giving out free tickets at the door in kilarney last month but I put that down to being to close to the Xmas holidays.

Shes good if your into classic dance music and Hayes hotel is a decent venue.

Just YouTube Jenny Greene live to get a sample?

I saw her twice but both were with the concert orchestra, they were literally giving out free tickets at the door in kilarney last month but I put that down to being to close to the Xmas holidays.

Shes good if your into classic dance music and Hayes hotel is a decent venue.

Just YouTube Jenny Greene live to get a sample?

will do and i am a fan of 90s classic dance music and you wont beat hayes on a good night,was there last year at smash hits,best night out in years

will do and i am a fan of 90s classic dance music and you wont beat hayes on a good night,was there last year at smash hits,best night out in years

Where can I get tickets? Might see you there, I'll be the guy with the big jaw :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

She really is flogging her shtick to death

Where can I get tickets? Might see you there, I'll be the guy with the big jaw :)

online or hayes,do you reckon it could sell out or could you buy on the night?

what do you mean?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

what do you mean?
    That RTÉ thing, it’s a load of scutter.

That RTÉ thing, it’s a load of scutter.

This isn't the rte concert orchestra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If it’s a live show but there’s no orchestra then what is she doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

MadYaker wrote: »

Pressing play....live! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She's flogging various previous iterations to death. Complete knock off of many that went before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya, and why wouldn't she when she's making €€€ from it??

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Dozyart wrote: »
    Pressing sync....live! :pac:

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I saw her in Killarney last year with the orchestra and it was a good night. Haven't seen her just on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nice girl Jenny but I just don't get the whole orchestra and dance music thing, and that's from someone who lives shìts and breathes it...

Unless you are Jeff Mills/Sasha or someone who has composed these tracks I really don't see the point...

She is just DJing generic "ibeefa classics" on top of the orchestra playing them

Each to their own though, if people want to see Jenny Greene and an orchestra they are welcome to...

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

She has lost all credibility with her prize of her pussies on 2fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Fieldog wrote: »

Each to their own though, if people want to see Jenny Greene and an orchestra they are welcome to...

This is not an orchestra show, it's a regular DJ show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

MadYaker wrote:

Talking with lots of stops like on the radio fair annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

She has lost all credibility with her prize of her pussies on 2fm.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nice girl Jenny but I just don't get the whole orchestra and dance music thing, and that's from someone who lives shìts and breathes it...

Unless you are Jeff Mills/Sasha or someone who has composed these tracks I really don't see the point...

She is just DJing generic "ibeefa classics" on top of the orchestra playing them

Totally agree, what made electronic dance music great was electronics, no organic elements, 303 basslines, 808 kicks , samples etc I also love orchestral music but in itself or as part of an original track, its novelty crap having orchestras playing along with dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

To be honest she doesn't exactly do much "mixing" on stage - can't see what the hype is

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    To be honest she doesn't exactly do much "mixing" on stage - can't see what the hype is

Same as any DJ really. Look at the crowds Guetta and avicci draw, millions of people around the world go to see them "press play" every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Same as any DJ really. Look at the crowds Guetta and avicci draw, millions of people around the world go to see them "press play" every year.

Wouldn't think many would be hoping to see avicci this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wouldn't think many would be hoping to see avicci this year...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

don't do proper DJs an injustice by comparing them to the likes of Guetta etc. For further info check out DJs like Sasha, Digweed, Carl Cox <insert other old-school names :)>

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Totally agree, what made electronic dance music great was electronics, no organic elements, 303 basslines, 808 kicks , samples etc I also love orchestral music but in itself or as part of an original track, its novelty crap having orchestras playing along with dance music.

Sounds like crap too to be honest

It's just an excuse for RTE to make use of the orchestra in some pretence that the cost is justifiable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Yawn. This isn't about the RTE orchestra.
    Its about a night in Thurles.

I haven't seen her live dj "press play" set, so cannot comment.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies didn’t think it would create as much interest,but it’s just her in Thurles and no orchestra

Advertisement