Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noveli

I work nearly every Saturday but only every third Sunday

No such thing as a typical week. Every week is different. Every depot has different roster structures too. It’s quite complex, far too complex to even begin to explain. Let’s just say that if you value a lot of your weekends and bank holidays off, your going to the wrong job

In your case, is there an average hours per week or does this vary greatly also?
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

noveli wrote: »
    In your case, is there an average hours per week or does this vary greatly also?
    Thanks again.

Varies week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Just got an email to say they've confirmed my time slot for Monday.

Is anyone doing theirs today or tomorrow? Good luck if so

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Just got an email to say they've confirmed my time slot for Monday.

Is anyone doing theirs today or tomorrow? Good luck if so

I’m doing mine tomorrow and thank you. Good luck to you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I was looking again at the email inviting me to the Phase 2 tests. It says there will be the following tests

VSE
    IE LD SJT verification
    SCAAT
    Interview
    16pf

It's says nothing about a computer test like was suggested on here and a YouTube video shown to illustrate it.
    Will there be a computer test like this or not?

It also says to refer back to the practice documents that we got before phase 1. There's nothing in these docs to suggest a computer test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorillafiedwar

I applied to do my phase 2 tests tomorrow, and they just emailed me 45 minutes ago saying my slot wasn’t available so will need to be changed. I’m glad I didn’t take time off work for this or I wouldn’t be too happy about the late notice. Their communication up to this point has left a lot to be desired in all honesty.

I think maybe they were overwhelmed by the amount of people who applied. The girl did mention in the first phase I went to that they weren’t expecting such a high level of interest so maybe they were caught off guard and weren’t really prepared to be having so many people to reach out to, which may explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I was looking again at the email inviting me to the Phase 2 tests. It says there will be the following tests

VSE
    IE LD SJT verification
    SCAAT
    Interview
    16pf

It's says nothing about a computer test like was suggested on here and a YouTube video shown to illustrate it.
    Will there be a computer test like this or not?

It also says to refer back to the practice documents that we got before phase 1. There's nothing in these docs to suggest a computer test.

That test wasn't on today on the computer in the form that was shown in the youtube video.

but there is a different type of reaction test that you take that hasn't been shown in any previous practice documents

did them today, will find an answer tomorrow if i got through or not. im not hopeful

was told there are medicals taking place on Monday for those successful today or possibly candidates tomorrow (unsure about that)

Good luck to the rest of you

but there is a different type of reaction test that you take that hasn't been shown in any previous practice documents

What kind of test is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

That test wasn't on today on the computer in the form that was shown in the youtube video.

did them today, will find an answer tomorrow if i got through or not. im not hopeful

was told there are medicals taking place on Monday for those successful today or possibly candidates tomorrow (unsure about that)

just thinking, maybe i shouldn't have left it until wednesday to do mine, they might fill the spaces from people who done well today and tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Not sure what videos have been shown previously (may have missed them), but there are two computer tests usually required, the Computer Group Bourdon/Concentration test similar to this:-

Note, the computer based Group Bordon test can be substituted by the paper Group Bourdon or the Test of Everyday Attention-Occupational (TEA-Occ).

And the CDG test similar to this:-

If anyone wants to try a sample CDG try this programme.

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote: »
    Not sure what videos have been shown previously (may have missed them), but there are two computer tests usually required, the Computer Group Bourdon/Concentration test similar to this:-

Note, the computer based test may be substituted by the Paper Group Bourdon and Test of Everyday Attention-Occupational (TEA-Occ).

And the CDG test similar to this:-

If anyone wants to try a sample CDG try this programme.

Neither of these came up today.

The reaction test was done on OPC portal.

got a medical date by way.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

You took it today and find your results tomorrow? That’s fast. Good luck, don’t be so hard on yourself you might of done better than you thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Neither of these came up today.

The reaction test was done on OPC portal.

The only other test is what is known as the AART test where you are given pictures etc.

Similar to this:-

Such concentration and perception tests are a legal requirement.

that's great! fair play! when's the medical?

mario84s wrote: »
    that's great! fair play! when's the medical?

Monday !

but not promise of job if passed as the interview has to be done. but it does eliminate one process if successful

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Has anybody who selected next week heard back yet as to whether they got their slot. ? Haven’t heard anything here yet . I selected Monday

Monday !

but not promise of job if passed as the interview has to be done. but it does eliminate one process if successful

that's great, i'll know what both processes are even before i do them... worried about medical (if lucky to get to that stage). BMI, although i'm not "obese", there is a belly but i can run a few miles and pull my weight...
    technically a bodybuilder is morbidly obese by BMI standard

sabrina99 wrote: »
    Has anybody who selected next week heard back yet as to whether they got their slot. ? Haven’t heard anything here yet . I selected Monday

i got an email saying wednesday is confirmed. i think someone was told no space either today or tomorrow. i wouldn't worry about it unless its tomorrow!

sabrina99 wrote:

I heard back for monday around 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CiboC

I chose Monday and got an email confirming it earlier today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

sabrina99 wrote: »

I heard back, also selected Monday. Mine was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

Varies week to week.

Unrelated to what you were saying about rosters..I'm wondering about the medical.

What exactly is involved in the medical? Is there a big emphasis on BMI? I.e. if you're not in the BMI healthy range, are you automatically out?

What does the fitness test consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭It wasnt me

Monday !

Thats a quick response
    Did you sit your further tests today?

If so then they're not hanging around
    Congrats and well done for getting this far btw

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

GM228 wrote: »
    The only other test is what is known as the AART test where you are given pictures etc.

Similar to this:-

Such concentration and perception tests are a legal requirement.

Yikes, that looks all but impossible to get each answer correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Doghouses

Today was very easy I actually completed all the scaat
    Can’t wait for medical will breeze it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

Doghouses wrote: »
    Today was very easy I actually completed all the scaat
    Can’t wait for medical will breeze it
    Is this all Dublin based lads. Any waterford news?

25 called for medicals today think if any chose date next week may just forget about it and stay home

25 called for medicals today think if any chose date next week may just forget about it and stay home

In Dublin?

All Dublin anyone that got above a certain level. They seem in hurry get training started. 18th February first day in class

• Advertisement

All Dublin anyone that got above a certain level. They seem in hurry get training started. 18th February first day in class

Jesus they must be really stuck up there

Advertisement