Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking the rules in club colours

Options
  • 30-01-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Driving up auburn avenue this morning and had a green light, a blanch wheelie came flying through the lights, please don't wear club colours when breaking the rules of the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Did you tell him that? If not, he will probably continue to do it unless he reads Boards or you report it to the club. Many people still think of themselves as individuals and forget they are representing a club when wearing their colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Did you tell him that? If not, he will probably continue to do it unless he reads Boards or you report it to the club. Many people still think of themselves as individuals and forget they are representing a club when wearing their colours.

No didn't tell him as I didn't want to be seen as if I was shouting out the window at a cyclist, I cycle with some of their members every now and again and will let them know. Was just trying to make aware that when u wear club colours you are representing the club

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

I haven't been cycling the past week due to chest infection. but i see this every day, in particular people entering and exiting the park. Really grinds my gears (no pun intended).

Please don't break the rules of the road in any colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

I saw a guy in an Ireland soccer jersey kicking over a plant pot on the Rosie Hackett bridge last year. Just disgraceful how bad he made our country look.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

1bryan wrote: »
    I saw a guy in an Ireland soccer jersey kicking over a plant pot on the Rosie Hackett bridge last year. Just disgraceful how bad he made our country look.

A member of the public will probably not think that someone in an Ireland soccer jersey kicking plant pots on a bridge is a member of the national team or has any official connection with it.

However a normal member of the public would think that a person riding a bike in a cycle club jersey is a member of that club - and they will be correct in most cases.

You're comparing apples to oranges

• Advertisement

PCX wrote: »
    A member of the public will probably not think that someone in an Ireland soccer jersey kicking plant pots on a bridge is a member of the national team or has any official connection with it.

However a normal member of the public would think that a person riding a bike in a cycle club jersey is a member of that club - and they will be correct in most cases.

You're comparing apples to oranges

no I'm not, I'm drawing an accurate analogy. He was probably Irish, and a disgrace to the rest of us, at that. Shame on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not exactly the same. No one's going to email Mick McCarthy over someone in a replica jersey pissing in a gateway before a match.

I saw Mick on Dawson St the other week. I was fierce tempted to say it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Not exactly the same. No one's going to email Mick McCarthy over someone in a replica jersey pissing in a gateway before a match.

No but they might make a Boards post which would be just as useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

no I'm not, I'm drawing an accurate analogy. He was probably Irish, and a disgrace to the rest of us, at that. Shame on him.

It's really time the Footballing Community got their house in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I wear a different club's colours when acting the pr1ck on the roads. Assuming thats okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm no longer a member of a club but occasionally I do wear a jersey out on the bike, mostly during the summer. I am still conscious I'm wearing it and while not representing the the club I still don't want to get them into trouble. I don't tend the break the RotR anyway so it's not really a big problem for me.

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's really time the Footballing Community got their house in order.

Speaking as a (five-a-side) footballer they are giving all of us a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Assumed this thread was about giving up in a commuter race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pot p wrote: »
    Driving up auburn avenue this morning and had a green light, a blanch wheelie came flying through the lights, please don't wear club colours when breaking the rules of the road

No idea who this club is, but the link road from Tallaght to Lucan will have the same cycling club break the rules of the road around 9:40 every Sat morning going from Tallaght to Lucan direction. Cycling 3-6 abreast and taking up both lanes of the roundabout when going straight on.

No idea who this club is, but the link road from Tallaght to Lucan will have the same cycling club break the rules of the road around 9:40 every Sat morning going from Tallaght to Lucan direction. Cycling 3-6 abreast and taking up both lanes of the roundabout when going straight on.

Go on. I’ll take a turn to entertain you. Show us the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Most likely the angle of your view that makes you think they were 6 abreast !
    The last 2 weeks I was out in groups, riding 2 abreast on every occasion we were beeped at numerous times, for what I have No idea as we were 2 abreast, most likely because we were on road !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'd also say taking both lanes at a roundabout such as those is reasonable too - reduces the chances of being cut up/ taken out on the exit by an idiot who overtakes on the roundabout and tries to cut back into the driving lane from the overtaking lane.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'd also say taking both lanes at a roundabout such as those is reasonable too - reduces the chances of being cut up/ taken out on the exit by an idiot who overtakes on the roundabout and tries to cut back into the driving lane from the overtaking lane.

They were most likely legally cycling 2 abreast in each lane. However, it is the fabled scenario of 6 abreast that no one seems to be able to provide evidence of that was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

And there was three of them riding six abreast Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

You see them every Saturday but can’t identify the group? How hard can it be? If they’re cycling 6 abreast you should contact them directly.
    For what it’s worth I regularly see below_average_runners hogging the bike lane in the Phoenix Park, in the dark. Some people are just d***s!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That road is two lanes each direction all the way from the N81 into Lucan isn't it, with the bus lane for a good portion on the Tallaght side not in effect. Even if they were 3-6 abreast, within the non operative or operative bus lane, it's hardly an issue.

Go on. I’ll take a turn to entertain you. Show us the evidence.

Can't take pics as driving

Hurrache wrote: »
    That road is two lanes each direction all the way from the N81 into Lucan isn't it, with the bus lane for a good portion on the Tallaght side not in effect. Even if they were 3-6 abreast, within the non operative or operative bus lane, it's hardly an issue.

Because they are breaking the rules of the road.

Of course you can’t provide evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Because they are breaking the rules of the road.

Do you post in the motors forum every time you see someone in a car break the ROTR, which you will do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Just get a dash cam. You seem to feel strongly about it. Do something about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tunney wrote: »
    I wear a different club's colours when acting the pr1ck on the roads. Assuming thats okay?

I wear my boards jersey for sh1ts and giggles :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Why not describe the jersey, quite likely the club is easily identifiable, you can then send the club secretary an email to notify them of the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    tunney wrote: »

I wear my boards jersey for sh1ts and giggles :pac:

Can confirm.

Advertisement