Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2019

• 01-10-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14 Krmca

Does anyone have any idea when longitude is on in 2019? If it’s the same weekend it is every year since it started it should be the 12th-14th of July but a lot of people are saying it’s the 19th-21st. Anybody know which?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not gonna start another thread.

Some of the lineup has been released, hasn't been for me in years. This one's no different.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/chance-the-rapper-aap-rocky-versatile-among-first-acts-announced-for-longitude-2019-37597126.html
    Chance the Rapper, A$AP Rocky, Future, Brockhampton, Rae Sremmurd, Lil Uzi Vert, Juice Wrld, adn Amine are among the line-up to play across the weekend of July 5 to 7 at Marlay Park, Dublin.

Other acts include Denzel Curry, Suicideboys, Lil Baby, Sheck Wes, Clairo, Slowthai and Flohio.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I understand that the lineup isn't to a lot of people's tastes, but those are some solid acts for what they're going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would love to see chance the rapper...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

They have fully crossed over to rap and hip hop now. Chance, A$AP Rocky and Future are big names in that genre.

I'd go to see Chance and Brockhampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

They have fully crossed over to rap and hip hop now. Chance, A$AP Rocky and Future are big names in that genre.

I'd go to see Chance and Brockhampton.

Yeah, it's pretty much the biggest genre around at the moment, but there aren't too many acts that could sell out big summer shows on their own, so I guess it makes sense.

I would assume Rocky/Future/Chance are the headliners out of that list. This may solve my problem of wanting to go see Future in the 3Arena, but not wanting to see Nikki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Granite Head

Anyone got a Three Presale code for this that they are not using? Please PM me.

Thanks.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine, Therapy, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone got a Three Presale code for this that they are not using? Please PM me.

Thanks.

I tried at 11 am and there was none left.

EDIT: Tickets that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Will day tickets go on sale tomorrow as well, or will they be on sale later next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Will day tickets go on sale tomorrow as well, or will they be on sale later next year?

Its only weekend tickets on sale tomorrow it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Yeah they will shift lots of weekend ones first. Then once those sales dry up, they will announce day lineups and put 1 and 2 day tickets on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Caved & bought weekend tickets in 3 presale mainly for Chance, he’s not the person he was when he cancelled his Dublin date a few years back but hopefully puts on a decent show & apologises :)

I'm not going to commit to a weekend ticket here. I'm going to wait to see what day Chance is playing and go that day. Hoping to get lucky and Brockhampton on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Monaghan4Sam

Does anyone know where I can get a ticket or when the next round of ones are for sale?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does anyone know where I can get a ticket or when the next round of ones are for sale?
    Cheers

They are on sale at Ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

I'm not going to commit to a weekend ticket here. I'm going to wait to see what day Chance is playing and go that day. Hoping to get lucky and Brockhampton on the same day.

ditto, love Chance and Brockhampton are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Is there an extremely young crowd at this? I really want to go, but don't want to look like an oul wan. I'm 36 and my partner is 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Lux23 wrote: »
    Is there an extremely young crowd at this? I really want to go, but don't want to look like an oul wan. I'm 36 and my partner is 33.

you'll be a decade over the average age at the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

Peter File wrote: »
    you'll be a decade over the average age at the festival

try two decades! ;)
    my 15yr old wants to go and lots of his mates are

anyway, go if you want, im 45 and i'd go if i wanted
    I wouldnt worry about looking like an aul one,
    its more a case if you can tolerate the carnage of the kids!
    Ive nothing against young people persay but as you know they
    can get out of hand charging/falling around and bumping people
    all over the place

funny enough, i was there a few years ago to see Alt-j before this new
    100% modern hip hop r'n'b line up thing they are doing
    and there was an inpromtu group of 30-40 somethings all huddling toegether
    protecting each other from the kids! they didnt all know each other
    they all just started grouping together ;)

Yeah if you like the acts go see them. The Sunday is usually more civilized but the Fri and Sat is a young crowd. We came in off the Dublin Bus and passed the set down area. There was kids passed out and others falling around. The red bull area will be full of kids but I don't remember there being much trouble. Just drunk groups of people.

Any idea when we get the day by day breakdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

ditto, love Chance and Brockhampton are brilliant

FWIW, I think Brockhampton are playing Sunday based on their songkick...

Are we expecting this to sell out? Fri and Sat day tickets sold out very quickly last year. A lot of leaving cert students probably buying Post Malone /Travis Scott tickets last year I'd say. Would A$AP Rocky and Chance sell out as quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Are we expecting this to sell out? Fri and Sat day tickets sold out very quickly last year. A lot of leaving cert students probably buying Post Malone /Travis Scott tickets last year I'd say. Would A$AP Rocky and Chance sell out as quickly?

It will undoubtedly sell out before the festival I'd reckon. I could see Sat+Sun two day tickets, and Sunday tickets selling out on Friday. Then other 1 day tickets and other 2 day tickets will follow soon after. weekend tickets might hold out a slight bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This Splash festival is on around the same time as Longitude and looks a hip hop/rap heavy kind of lineup that Longitude would attract.

splash-festival-2019-line-up-02-480x853.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I think I'll hold off a ticket for this. Need to buy other tickets this weekend and hoping I'll get a ticket closer to the gig. I only want to see Chance and Brockhampton anyway. I just can't see ASAP and Chance being as popular as Travis Scott and Post Malone etc. Then again the leaving cert students seem to snap up these tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I think I'll hold off a ticket for this. Need to buy other tickets this weekend and hoping I'll get a ticket closer to the gig. I only want to see Chance and Brockhampton anyway. I just can't see ASAP and Chance being as popular as Travis Scott and Post Malone etc. Then again the leaving cert students seem to snap up these tickets.

Same as myself. Only got into Brockhampton recently, really good.

I'll prob regret leaving it off now if there is a clamour for tickets come the summer but €80 for a ticket not nothing who else is playing that day is a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'll prob regret leaving it off now if there is a clamour for tickets come the summer but €80 for a ticket not nothing who else is playing that day is a little annoying.

Yeah, it's annoying how they don't announce day splits like almost every other non irish fest does.

Tickets seem to be gone already??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cardi B has pulled out of Parklife this weekend

Advertisement