Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Clinic Waterford (Cheap Out of hours and Weekend GP)

Options
  • 29-01-2019 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Has anyone used this GP? https://www.facebook.com/doctor365.ie/ up at Ardkeen Village? I had never heard of them, they do not seem to have a website other than facebook, and no info on who their GPs are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There is one post on their Facebook thats a video from one of the doctors. A few people seem to have commented on that video that they’ve been and got good service. It’s a great idea and hopefully it takes off.
    I think it’s called HR Clinic not HB. Seems to be a group of places - clinics in Cork Galway etc too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I mentioned them here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057892515

not been in but as said they are a chain, 40 a pop and 365 service can't complain if they don't kill you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

My own doctor told me that the other doctors in Waterford aren't happy, as they've all been providing cover through Caredoc for the past few years, and that this company are essentially competing with Caredoc.

He said that they won't be providing any follow-ups to care provided with the HR clinic.

I can understand where he is coming from, but this new doctors clinic can only be a good thing for the general public - more affordable, more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Competition is rarely a bad thing!
    Caredoc offer a great service but it is expensive and can be very busy at certain times. I will still probably use that for my under 6s who get it free (which is great), but for other emergencies will be more likely to use the new one. It’s cheaper and closer to my house. And I imagine the doctors are fairly static there so not as ‘hit and miss’ as caredoc can be. If you needed to ring back with a question etc would be better to be able to talk to the doctor that treated you.

I would be annoyed if I visited them out of hours and my GP refused to follow up if I went back to them afterwards-you’re still paying your own GP for their visit. I don’t imagine my GP would do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sillysocks wrote:
    Competition is rarely a bad thing! Caredoc offer a great service but it is expensive and can be very busy at certain times. I will still probably use that for my under 6s who get it free (which is great), but for other emergencies will be more likely to use the new one. It’s cheaper and closer to my house. And I imagine the doctors are fairly static there so not as ‘hit and miss’ as caredoc can be. If you needed to ring back with a question etc would be better to be able to talk to the doctor that treated you.

I'd disagree there, competition has a negative element to it, but it ll be interesting to see how this practice develops, it could be a great addition to our local health services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 molltrot

my son went down from new ross 2 weeks ago , filled up a short form , paid 40e and was seen in 10 mins, got am antibiotic for a bad boil behind his ear , Dr said he would have taken a swab . but aren't fully up and running yet, hope they do ok . caredoc is sometimes a bit hit and miss, rang for a 5yr old last week ,with a high temp at 8 pm and the only app was 11pm in gorey, or 3 am in wexford , dozed with calpol . wasn't too bad after , sick for a few days .

Advertisement