Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite Question

Options
  • 28-01-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I recently started playing this with my son. I have been told certain aspects reset at end of season such as levels, tiers and leaderboard scores but you keep all rewards like skins and other items.

My question is do battle pass challenges like ice king challenges of outlive 250 and 25000 reset or disappear if you hadn't completed all them or will i have to try complete it before end of season.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mutant wrote: »
    I recently started playing this with my son. I have been told certain aspects reset at end of season such as levels, tiers and leaderboard scores but you keep all rewards like skins and other items.

My question is do battle pass challenges like ice king challenges of outlive 250 and 25000 reset or disappear if you hadn't completed all them or will i have to try complete it before end of season.
    Thanks

You have to complete those weekly challenges to get the xp and BP stars before the season ends.

The only things that dont expire and carry over are the challenges to level up the multi tier'd skins like lynx, zenith and the ice king. Which is nice as they only started doing that in the last few seasons. I've only got a few parts to the carbide skin and i cant unlock the rest, but got to fully unlock Drifts parts just the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Sorry Mutant..can I jump on your thread and ask a question? Santa got my fella a xb1. We bought Fortnite, now it wont let him play without Gold. I asked Smyths does he still need gold, if he dosent want to play on line and they said no, but I cant figure out how to do it? I also found out we didn't buy the game but a skin and a sword as game is free. He just likes running around and shooting in the game ( 9yrs) but would I be better just getting the gold? other than Fortnite, he only plays Mindcraft. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

gaz wac wrote: »
    Sorry Mutant..can I jump on your thread and ask a question? Santa got my fella a xb1. We bought Fortnite, now it wont let him play without Gold. I asked Smyths does he still need gold, if he dosent want to play on line and they said no, but I cant figure out how to do it? I also found out we didn't buy the game but a skin and a sword as game is free. He just likes running around and shooting in the game ( 9yrs) but would I be better just getting the gold? other than Fortnite, he only plays Mindcraft. thanks

No problem i know the fortnite save the world and coop part are both part of the massive multiplayer online category (mmo) and both Xbox and and PlayStation require you purchase premium membership to play online. Gold for Xbox and ps plus for PlayStation.

By the sounds of it you purchased the deep freeze bundle or something similar which only includes a skin for the avatar they use some in game cosmetic items and v-bucks the in game currency.

Unfortunately you would also need to purchase the gokd Xbox membership for him to continue to play.

I hope that clears it up for you and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

To clarify on the Playstation end of things, you dont need PS Plus to play fortnite, the battle royale mode anyway, might be different with save the world mode. But yeah its the only game i know of on PS that you can play online without the PS Plus membership.

nix wrote: »
    To clarify on the Playstation end of things, you dont need PS Plus to play fortnite, the battle royale mode anyway, might be different with save the world mode. But yeah its the only game i know of on PS that you can play online without the PS Plus membership.

Thats strange but good to know

• Advertisement

cheers, thanks for the info. Ill just get him the gold. any good two player games we could play together? im showing my age, but im not getting fortnite or mindcraft! more of a Mario player I was :o . he's 9.
    thanks

gaz wac wrote: »
    cheers, thanks for the info. Ill just get him the gold. any good two player games we could play together? im showing my age, but im not getting fortnite or mindcraft! more of a Mario player I was :o . he's 9.
    thanks

Crash team racing nitro fueled is good fun and i love tekken play with 10 year a good bit of the time

his birthday sorted so:) thanks again

Advertisement