Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    i've been away for a while. pardon complete novice ignorance but why is gw 31 "blank"? i see full fixtures

It clashes with the fa cup qf. So any teams that make that rd the games will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

So this is just a bit of a plan for those like me that have wildcarded early.

The Good News- there is now only going to be a maximum of 9 PL teams in the last 16. Liverpool will not have any blanks and therefore no doubles. For the last 16 draw we want PL teams drawn against each other. The ideal scenario is that a non PL team make the SF. Then GW 33 will only have 3 blanks and therefore only 3 doubles moving into gw 35. The less doubles in gw 35 the better for early wildcards.

Strategy -Round 5 is between gw 26 and gw 27 so we will know who has a blank then in gw 31. Thats 5 FTs to get in players with no blanks

GW 31 The biggest Blank. We will need 3 Liverpool away to Fulham. Really good chance Bournemouth, newcastle, leicester, burnley will also have no blank. I think we will end up having atleast 5 or 6 gw 31 players in our team anyway come gw 27. By Gw 31 get to 9 blank players that leaves you with 6 potential dgw players.
    GW 32 DGW Id say we will need to FH . We will all have 3 Liverpool players. Liverpool are at home to Spurs. Chances are it will make sense to offload all 3 liverpool players on FH and get in a really strong 11 with doubles with cheapies on your bench.
    GW 33 Blank . The maximum blanks here are 4 if all the SFinalists are PL teams. Some of the dgw players we had kept in gw 31 will now not have a blank as they will have been knocked out in the QF. Think it will be possible to have 11 here . It may even make sense to bank this week

GW35 DGW The blanks from gw 33 will be moved to here. You will have 2 or 3 free transfers to get in dgw players depending on if you banked in 33. Most of us should have atleast 7 dgw players here. We will also have the 3 Liverpool players and they play Cardiff away. Thats 10 good options possibly a couple of hits if needed. Easy enough to get a strong team. BB or TC viable option this week.

The late wildcarders I think will also follow the above strategy to gw 33 or they may decide to FH in a blank. I think the majority will wildcard in 34 with BB in mind . Big dilemma are they really going to go without Liverpool players who have cardiif in 35 and then finish the season with huddersfield newcastle wolves. Im not seeing a huge edge here for late wildcarders. It would be preferable to have your wildcard but the hope with playing it now is you are giving yourself the chance now to get an edge, reorganise team, avoid hits etc.

The Carling cup in 27 will also cause blanks the hope for early wildcarders is that these games are not refixed into 33 or 35.
    If spurs make the carling cup final and lose to Palace in the Fa cup 4th rd and city beat Burnley. They could move the gw 27 fixture Burnley Spurs that clashes with carling cup final to FA cup 5th rd week which would give Spurs a dgw 26. Not sure Ben Crelin has thought about that one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The Good News- there is now only going to be a maximum of 9 PL teams in the last 16. Liverpool will not have any blanks and therefore no doubles. For the last 16 draw we want PL teams drawn against each other. The ideal scenario is that a non PL team make the SF. Then GW 33 will only have 3 blanks and therefore only 3 doubles moving into gw 35. The less doubles in gw 35 the better for early wildcards.

Strategy -Round 5 is between gw 26 and gw 27 so we will know who has a blank then in gw 31. Thats 5 FTs to get in players with NO blanks

GW 31 The biggest Blank. We will need 3 Liverpool away to Fulham. Really good chance Bournemouth, newcastle, leicester, burnley will also NOT have a blank. I think we will end up having atleast 5 or 6 gw 31 players in our team anyway come gw 27. By Gw 31 get to 9 blank players that leaves you with 6 potential dgw players.
    GW 32 DGW Id say we will need to FH . We will all have 3 Liverpool players. Liverpool are at home to Spurs. Chances are it will make sense to offload all 3 liverpool players on FH and get in a really strong 11 with doubles with cheapies on your bench.
    GW 33 Blank . The maximum blanks here are 4 if all the SFinalists are PL teams. Some of the dgw players we had kept in gw 31 will now not have a blank as they will have been knocked out in the QF. Think it will be possible to have 11 here . It may even make sense to bank this week

GW35 DGW The blanks from gw 33 will be moved to here. You will have 2 or 3 free transfers to get in dgw players depending on if you banked in 33. Most of us should have atleast 7 dgw players here. We will also have the 3 Liverpool players and they play Cardiff away. Thats 10 good options possibly a couple of hits if needed. Easy enough to get a strong team. BB or TC viable option this week.

The late wildcarders I think will also follow the above strategy to gw 33 or they may decide to FH in a blank. I think the majority will wildcard in 34 with BB in mind . Big dilemma are they really going to go without Liverpool players who have cardiif in 35 and then finish the season with huddersfield newcastle wolves. Im not seeing a huge edge here for late wildcarders. It would be preferable to have your wildcard but the hope with playing it now is you are giving yourself the chance now to get an edge, reorganise team, avoid hits etc.

The Carling cup in 27 will also cause blanks the hope for early wildcarders is that these games are not refixed into 33 or 35.
    If spurs make the carling cup final and lose to Palace in the Fa cup 4th rd and city beat Burnley. They could move the gw 27 fixture Burnley Spurs that clashes with carling cup final to FA cup 5th rd week which would give Spurs a dgw 26. Not sure Ben Crelin has thought about that one;)

Definitely not a huge edge for late wildcarders.

You need to get me to proof read your posts but! :)

If you have wildcarded early the above tells you exactly what to do.

Still holding my wildcard for now, but if I feel the need to play next week I'd be doing it as above.

It's actually easier than usual to plan for DGWs with FTs and FH only, due to Liverpool and a lot of Prem teams dropping out in the cup.

The thing I do like about wildcarding for the DGWs is that the second double is earlier than usual, so you also get a full 5 weeks from your GW34 wildcard squad.

Wildcarding for the second DGW as per previous seasons meant you only got wildcard bounce for 3 GWs.

• Advertisement

My other warning if wildcarding in 34 would be, as Busts referred to in passing, not to dump the likes of Liverpool who have a super run in after Cardiff in GW35. Don't get obsessed with the 15 DGWers pipe dream.

If bench boosting in 35 focus on a good bench 4.

My Twitter take on it here....
    https://twitter.com/finnharpsFPL/status/1085673904532787200?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are those with a wildcard thinking in relation to using TC or BB in a single gameweek?

To me, the best strategy looks to be:

DGW32 - FH
    GW 34 - WC
    DGW35 - TC or BB

Looks to me like one of TC or BB will have to be used in a single gameweek for maximum effectiveness of the others, but I could be missing something obvious, e.g. a potential DGW in 37?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Strategy -Round 5 is between gw 26 and gw 27 so we will know who has a blank then in gw 31. Thats 5 FTs to get in players with no blanks

GW 31 The biggest Blank. We will need 3 Liverpool away to Fulham. Really good chance Bournemouth, newcastle, leicester, burnley will also have no blank. I think we will end up having atleast 5 or 6 gw 31 players in our team anyway come gw 27. By Gw 31 get to 9 blank players that leaves you with 6 potential dgw players.

What do we do with City and Spurs players between now and GW31? Are we only expecting them to GW27?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What do we do with City and Spurs players between now and GW31? Are we only expecting them to GW27?

If you're in my money leagues I suggest get rid and triple up on Fulham :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Paully D wrote: »
    What are those with a wildcard thinking in relation to using TC or BB in a single gameweek?

DGW32 - FH
    GW 34 - WC
    DGW35 - TC or BB

Looks to me like one of TC or BB will have to be used in a single gameweek for maximum effectiveness of the others, but I could be missing something obvious, e.g. a potential DGW in 37?

Planet FPL did a good podcast on it last week. There are more games to come (most likely) which would either mean a dream TGW or a third DGW in GW37. Or alternatively them running a game on the same nite as a European match, highly unlikely given how many English teams are still involved.

• Advertisement

DGW32 - FH
    GW 34 - WC
    DGW35 - TC or BB

There will be another dgw to accomadate the carling cup games cancelled in 27 so id use the TC then .

Chesty08 wrote: »

Aim for 9/10 players that dont have a blank in 31 and keep 5/6 that will have dgws. Keep good assets the dgw is only 1 week. Gw 35 is the only problem week for early wildcarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Am I right in thinking that city and Everton now have a blank in 27 and either spurs and Burnley or Chelsea and Brighton will be the same?

Am I right in thinking that city and Everton now have a blank in 27 and either spurs and Burnley or Chelsea and Brighton will be the same?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Abandon Everton!!! 🀣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm hoping the DGW25 doesn't go ahead.

Only have Hazard and Digne and anyone I bring in I'd have to sell or bench in GW27.

dahat wrote: »
    Abandon Everton!!! 🀣

Oh ****
    I forgot about that

I won’t be selling digne anyway
    Ricky will go
    Aguero May become auba that week

Brighton and Huddersfield, both at home, the likely double gameweek for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    Oh ****
    I forgot about that

I won’t be selling digne anyway
    Ricky will go
    Aguero May become auba that week

Ricky is a dead man walking alright for alot of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Brighton and Huddersfield, both at home, the likely double gameweek for Chelsea.

Higuain TC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

How likely is a DGW for Chelsea in GW25? It would need to be confirmed pretty soon.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    How likely is a DGW for Chelsea in GW25? It would need to be confirmed pretty soon.

Highly doubtful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Paully D wrote:

Likely? Absolutely not.

spock. wrote: »
    Likely? Absolutely not.

Possible yeah. Not likely.

I'd be terrified if it was, imagine having to consider Triple Captaining fupping Hazard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So by when will we realistically know the re-arranged dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

No way am I getting Hazard in no matter how good he is playing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ll be TCing either Luiz or Huiguain if DGW25 goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Possible yeah. Not likely.

I'd be terrified if it was, imagine having to consider Triple Captaining fupping Hazard!!!

I think I’d do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

If DGW 25 were to go ahead would only have Sane from perspective teams so would consider free hit. Get a decent 11 from the players below and no need to restructure for 27.

Sane, Sterling, KDB, Kun, Ederson
    Alonso, Luiz, Hazard, Higuain
    Digne, Siggy, Ricky
    Duffy, Gross, Ryan, Murray

Advertisement